minya

SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

Anyone here from Malmö? I was going to get a pair of Warehouse lot 1082 chinos from Le Shop Sage this week but it seems they’ve gone bankrupt :(

They’re having a final sale but only in store it looks like. If anyone is going there and could proxy me the pants (I’m in Denmark) that would be awesome.

Anyone with experience of the DC4 hemming service? Going to Berlin in a couple of weeks and thinking of bringing a pair that needs shortening. If there’re any better places in Berlin, please tell me!

I was always pleased with the hemming from DC4. I don't think there is a better option in Berlin

Has anyone successfully flattened the rivets on the back pockets? Been using my lvc ‘33s and they’re scratching up my furniture.

If you have, how did you do it?

53 minutes ago, Iron Horse said:

I think @mikecch did (?)

Jewelry hammer and a solid surface for striking. Not too difficult :)

Posted (edited)
On 6/12/2019 at 8:04 PM, Spiraltoy said:

Anyone with experience of the DC4 hemming service? Going to Berlin in a couple of weeks and thinking of bringing a pair that needs shortening. If there’re any better places in Berlin, please tell me!

On 6/12/2019 at 9:38 PM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I was always pleased with the hemming from DC4. I don't think there is a better option in Berlin

agree - apparently, B&S (Burg & Schild) is gearing up for a Union Special at one point in the near future, too...

Edited by Foxy2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, mikecch said:

Jewelry hammer and a solid surface for striking. Not too difficult :)

Do you happen to have a photo of your handiwork? I was wondering if a small file would be helpful.

thanks

Edited by Pedro

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Do you happen to have a photo of your handiwork? I was wondering if a small file would be helpful.

thanks

used ordinary hammer and stone stairs as a surface - went fine

Posted (edited)
On 6/22/2019 at 5:32 PM, Spiraltoy said:

Has anyone successfully flattened the rivets on the back pockets? Been using my lvc ‘33s and they’re scratching up my furniture.

If you have, how did you do it?

Same thing happened with my SDA D1507. Took a regular hammer and carefully tapped them flat like dau. Zero exposed back pocket rivets in my future. Here you go, Pedro.

B3C5683F-F722-400E-AE76-9E49CD4020E7.thumb.jpeg.ab0f83c0f31171150775361a88f57e3e.jpeg

Edited by lance

Nice! That looks like it would scratch things less. I’ve got a vice and all sorts of hammers so I’ll give it a try. Will post finished alterations when.

Posted (edited)

Another tool that may work is a nail set. Find one with a tip slightly larger than the tip of the shaft (don't know the terminology) and gently tap it till it's flush.

Edited by lance

What are the best places for chainstitch hemming in the US? I have used Railcar before, but did not have a good experience.

Posted (edited)

I always used Blue Owl and had good results until the last pair I sent.  The hem width on that pair was much wider than previous pairs. 

I later found out that the guy that had previously done all the hems left to start his own shop and took his machine with him.  You might want to email to confirm, but I'm 95% sure he's the guy that would have done my previous hems.  If so, I would highly recommend his work. 

https://www.wrighthandtwill.com/products/hemming-service

Edited by fresh1

Hudson’s Hill in Greensboro does mine.   

Kevin at wrighthandtwill is the man. He was my go to at BlueOwl. When he left I stopped shopping at BlueOwl. 

Dude has a ton of knowledge 

On another note. Shorts/jorts. It’s getting toasty out here and I need to finally grab some. 

Any brands you guys recc? 

Hinoya has some great Levis shorts you could probably get cheaper here in the US in the same style and model.  

Quick fit question: is that hat too small?

6DE864A7-75F6-4D19-924D-080B2AC72218.jpeg

EF74803D-D920-4CED-B7DB-0D86FB65508B.jpeg

F65BBA54-972C-4A9F-BF33-9B8BFC2E224E.jpeg

It's a Papa Nui Canoe Club.

IMO too small. Up to you how comfortable and appearance. 

I have just listed a number of items on eBay under my user name (Joss3). They include Strike Gold & SDA sweats, an SDA Fox cotton jacket, and a few more items by Tender & MFSC, all with a $0.01 start price...

10 hours ago, mlwdp said:

Anybody familiar with FromJapan.co.jp proxy shipping?  I'm reading mixed reviews as I was getting ready to use them to buy a silver wallet chain.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/fromjapan.co.jp

use zenmarket - they are great as proxy

Posted (edited)

Mold.

Kapow! Knock out mold using these basic steps.

B8F6ECBB-33C3-49B2-A0A7-A7CB3781C3AC.jpeg.b8381620f6dddbd1b5169d53a45954a8.jpeg

These arrived from an Asian online auction. 

Soak in Undiluted White Vinegar for an hour. (5% Acetic Acid).

Then soak in H2O2 (Hydrogen Peroxide).

You can spray mist these on or just soak them. I would soak denim since its such thick fabric.

Wash in the machine as usual. 

Strong UV Sunlight helps but exposing to heat above 140*F for 20 minutes is excellent as well.

BTW, be careful buying used denim on EBay, Grailed, etc because it can be contaminated and then you store the item in your wardrobe and whamo! 

I decided to throw this pair away after thinking about it. It came from Asia and the thought of catching some kind of exotic rot in my privates was not worth the risk.

DF839919-ADFC-40F7-9302-58589E46625F.jpeg

94C7070E-9C2C-464E-8A13-4DCE993BE16D.jpeg

4674F385-B67B-4B17-9355-3661BF09B2E1.jpeg

Edited by Pedro

Wouldn't hydrogen peroxide bleach the denim? I mean isn't that why people use to bleach their hair?