SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone tried out Ues socks? They restocked the Large size for the first time in a while and they're really tempting me…but they recommend them as fitting sizes 25–27, which doesn't seem very large at all

@julian-wolf I’ve got a pair of their indigo toe socks and while I can’t vouch for the longevity of them (bought them when I was feeling touristy in Daikanyama and haven’t used them all that much) they seem really well made. Comparable to Merz b Schwanen or similar. Size 25-27 should be eu40-44 or 8-10,5US.

4 hours ago, chambo2008 said:

I want to shrink my denim jacket, it says machine was is fine as long as its inside out, but not to use the dryer, but I want max shrinkage what would you do?

Hot wash and hot dryer cycle for max shrinkage. If you really don’t want to put the jacket in the dryer the hot wash will get most of the shrinkage out. 

On 1/8/2019 at 10:12 PM, UkeNo said:

Thanks Maynard, that'd be appreciated.

Apologies, I forgot to reply, I do have a spare cinch in a bronze colour, the type where the part which should have prongs is useless but the part you need (to replace your broken) one is OK. I’ll dig it out again and take a photo. Then if you’re interested, let me know your address and I’ll post it to you.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, JDelage said:

What is Whitefeather Mfg? Are they a store? A brand? Both? They've got some cool stuff - reminiscent of FW, which they sell...

7 hours ago, oomslokop said:

a brand by old sufu stalwart fardin (?) might have had an appointment only basement shop in vienna (?) more info on denimbro

https://www.denimbro.com/whitefeather-mfg-co_topic875.html

3 minutes ago, denihilist said:

Coming out of lurk mode to ask a small, non-denim question:

Anyone have a recommendation for replacement laces for the 70s Converse?  The laces always break before I'm ready to retire the show and I can't locate anything that feels/look like the original lace.

The Chuck Taylors?

What color?

1 hour ago, denihilist said:

Coming out of lurk mode to ask a small, non-denim question:

Anyone have a recommendation for replacement laces for the 70s Converse?  The laces always break before I'm ready to retire the show and I can't locate anything that feels/look like the original lace.

Low top

https://www.nike.com/t/converse-45-flat-low-top-shoelaces-bPgkNq/10000998-134

High top

https://www.nike.com/t/converse-54-flat-high-top-shoelaces-kL3z7m/10001016-134

No personal experience but I’m assuming they are the same as the originals.

22 minutes ago, Spiraltoy said:

I think those are polyester though. The 70’s laces are 100% cotton.

Yes and the originals had a slighly  larger diameter aglet, most likely because the original laces were a little heftier cotton fabric.

Has a yone got feedback on the repairs service at Soldier Blue London?

I have an old pair of Oni that are getting a bit thin in the crotch so considering some preventative work and don't want to have to ship to Indigo Proof in the US or send to far afield etc for a pair that doesn't get a whole lot of wear.

20 hours ago, Spiraltoy said:

I think those are polyester though. The 70’s laces are 100% cotton.

20 hours ago, Pedro said:

Yes and the originals had a slighly  larger diameter aglet, most likely because the original laces were a little heftier cotton fabric.

Yeah, I've seen the replacements on the site and had the same thoughts, it's why I hadn't pulled the trigger on them.

So, this might be a stupid question but roping, what’s the science behind it? To get the best result, should you hem before shrinking a pair of STF jeans or has it more to do with how the chain stitching machine is set up and the competence of the operator?

The past years I have (like many others) been drawn more to roping, puckering, train tracks and leg twist and more subtle fades as opposed to crazy nep, slubs and heavy weight denim.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic