supertalk6
minya

SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

Tender Co. does a number of jeans with "passenger" pockets at a similar point on the leg

1 hour ago, piece keeper said:

Can anyone recommend a denim brand that has a "phone pocket"? Something like this (doesn't necessarily have to be the same location): 

Reveal hidden contents

B8D257E6-30D0-42C2-93B3-5DDD5EDF25CA.jpeg

Thanks in advance!

I have only seen those side pockets on loose fitting carpenter or painter dungarees. Traditionally used for pencils & utility knives (etc) but nowadays cell phones. 

I am a big fan of modifying my clothes to fit my needs. A trusty sewing machine and learning basic skills could allow you to add such a pocket to any jeans.

11 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Tender Co. does a number of jeans with "passenger" pockets at a similar point on the leg

Thanks, I'll take a look!

10 hours ago, Pedro said:

I have only seen those side pockets on loose fitting carpenter or painter dungarees. Traditionally used for pencils & utility knives (etc) but nowadays cell phones. 

I am a big fan of modifying my clothes to fit my needs. A trusty sewing machine and learning basic skills could allow you to add such a pocket to any jeans.

A little looser fit is totally fine with me, but Carhartt is a bit too loose and look like bell bottoms on me. I had a pair of straight leg Sugarcanes back in the day and those were my favorite-fitting pair. So if you've any suggestions on looser pants I'm all ears!

As for sewing, that's true, though I thought heavyweight denim required heavier-duty machines (which I don't have) to get through the fabric? Plus, I don't trust my beginner-level knowledge on a pair of pants that may be a couple hundred of dollars X_X

6 hours ago, MasonAlexander said:

How exactly does UK shoe sizing compare to US sizing? Ive found 2 different answers and now I am really not sure which is true. I am a US size 8

US is half to one full size bigger than UK depending on the brand

@piece keeper Carhartt WIP do a denim version of those pants and they now come in everything from slim to relaxed fit, however, I found that anything that I used to put in that pocket tended to fall our when you sit down, so be warned! 

On 12/5/2018 at 1:05 PM, MasonAlexander said:

How exactly does UK shoe sizing compare to US sizing? Ive found 2 different answers and now I am really not sure which is true. I am a US size 8

US is one size (digit) up from UK

Eg, US10 = UK9

This is standard in most if not all big brand footwear (Nike, Vans etc).

On 12/4/2018 at 9:49 PM, piece keeper said:

Can anyone recommend a denim brand that has a "phone pocket"? Something like this (doesn't necessarily have to be the same location): 

Reveal hidden contents

B8D257E6-30D0-42C2-93B3-5DDD5EDF25CA.jpeg

In doing a search all I found was people talking about phone fades in their pockets :/

Thanks in advance!

http://www.greasepointworkwear.com/shop/

8 hours ago, JDelage said:

I really love they are offering the double knee selections but I prefer when the second layer runs all the way to the beltline instead of stopping at mid to upper thigh. I always suffer blowouts just above the second layer.

C946BC69-27B1-4B5A-9541-2364430E4401.jpeg

I want to start using natural dyes. I have bought some Indigo and Kakibishu and plan to make others with vegetables. 

When it comes to overdying does anyone know how the Kakishibu would work? I know it is used to coat century denim often, but I kind of want to try coating some old, slightly faded indigo jeans. 

Also any other natural dying projects that would work with a denim/workwear aesthetic? 

Any recommendations for good quality slimmish-fit button-down shirts? I haven’t had one in years.

3 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Any recommendations for good quality slimmish-fit button-down shirts? I haven’t had one in years.

I like Norse Projects for these kinds of shirts and Universal Works. Not you usual Superdenim wears, but well made and decent materials. 

10 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Beams do great button downs.

Freemans Sporting Club either JP or US does some great fitted shirts.