minya

SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

How’s the quality on the current 501 STFs? Are some still made with Selvedge and in the U.S.?

While its possible to get selvedge STF 501s. It's only the LVC range that is entirely made in the USA and from white oak selvedge. 

There were from time to time MiUSA selvedge in their line-up but it's not a standard product like the LVC line.

What causes camel toe in jeans. I find it to be more apparent when I have a higher rise.

4 hours ago, : ) said:

What causes camel toe in jeans. I find it to be more apparent when I have a higher rise.

I'm sure you can figure out the answer to this yourself....?

54 minutes ago, UkeNo said:

I'm sure you can figure out the answer to this yourself....?

I mean more of a unsightly gathering of fabric inwards near the crotch area.

Doesn't seem to happen with my other jeans but with my new Momotaro 1005SP.

I know fit is subjective, but could this be a due to a tight weave and higher rise.

Ps: overall the jeans fit great other than mentioned.

^ My guess would be extra fabric around the hips / thighs, combined with jeans being worn higher than intended.

On 11/7/2018 at 9:27 AM, i_denim said:

How’s the quality on the current 501 STFs? Are some still made with Selvedge and in the U.S.?

I've been wondering if Levi's is gonna do non-LVC selvedge since Cone closed. I recently copped a non-selvedge pair. They are pretty good for what they are. Denim is close to a selvedge pair I copped at the same time. Stitching and details don't quite have the same level. Still very good jeans for the price.

continued here

22 hours ago, : ) said:

I mean more of a unsightly gathering of fabric inwards near the crotch area.

Doesn't seem to happen with my other jeans but with my new Momotaro 1005SP.

I know fit is subjective, but could this be a due to a tight weave and higher rise.

Ps: overall the jeans fit great other than mentioned.

If this happens, then these jeans don't 'fit' you. 

Simple as that really. Sure you can make it work, but if I looked in the mirror and saw what you're describing I would call that a bad fit on me. 

Anyone know any thermal long johns like Left Field's? All others I've seen seem rather thin but I'm looking for one that's a bit more substantial (like Left Field).

What exactly are you getting the long johns for? Take it from somebody who works in a part of the world where it gets as cold as literally -60 degrees celcius, skip the cool brands and get some good Helly Hanson first layer

Look at woolpower? 

Branded or no branded. Doesn't matter with me just looking for something a bit more thicker than say Rei's long johns. Looking into both helly and woolpower.

Edited by ALB

Question regarding older retro inspired cuts ("waist overalls") meant to be worn with suspenders. I have seen some with buttons on the waist, which is self explanatory. However, I have also seen some with loops sewn inside the waist band. How do those work? How do you attach the suspenders on those?

I think in these instances, you buy suspenders or braces that have buttons pre-attached.

Edited by MJF9
System failure

Edited by MJF9
System failure

It looks like the supermarket is closed -- was this recent?

What is the recommended way to sell pre-owned jeans here on sufu?  Is it OK to post for-sale items in manufacturer sub-forums (e.g., Warehouse, Samurai)?

Thanks, John

The Supermarket worked fine for me.  I was able to bump my thread there.

It's OK to declare you're selling and provide a link to the post or site but don't list the items individually in the respective threads. 

42 minutes ago, Geeman said:

It's OK to declare you're selling and provide a link to the post or site but don't list the items individually in the respective threads. 

Geeman, until I can get supermarket to work for me, I can't really post them there.  Is it wrong, for example, to say that I have a Samurai 510 or Fullcount 1108 in size 36 or is that too detailed?

It's fine by me. Rather that than a lengthy post with mutiple pics of a specific item clogging up the threads.

How do you like to rotate your pairs? Right now I have put away all the pairs that have seen enough use to look ... well ... used. I'm only wearing new-looking pairs, rotating them each day unless I want to wear a specific top that doesn't fit the pair which turn is upcoming. I'm keeping 1 or 2 pairs new (the latest Roy and a pair of Stevenson 747), in case a contest comes up...

Good topic, I reckon this should be in the general info, blunders, chit-chat, etc thread!

No real pattern for me, wear a pair couple times then rotate unless shoes/top dictates. 

Only wearing new pairs at the moment, selling or have sold off most old pairs. Got my PBJ waiting to go back in the mix when I've shed a little more weight.

Why is there so little indigo-dyed wool, in particular rope dyed? Maybe @rodeo bill would have some input...

Hello all,

Just a quick repair question. How would I go about fixing this by hand? I don't really have any knowledge/experience with sewing, so I don't know how to tackle this. Thanks!

IMG_20181116_005126.thumb.jpg.57e3b5130c5647ddec60932f32a7c877.jpg

IMG_20181116_005151.thumb.jpg.613d69211e44ebadeac05f57fe99566f.jpg