minya

SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

Guys help me out. I was big in to this forum and denim in college back in like 2007-2010. Forgot my old account and had to create a new one. Used to wear a lot of Flat Head and Samurai. 

I’m old and fat now and want to pick up a pair or two of jeans. The measured waist on my favorite pants are about 38-40.” I tend to like to stay on the bigger size for comfort and because I CCW. 

I’m 6’2” and want something I can wear to work with polos. So something clean looking. I want a nice straight fit. Nothing too skinny. But not a baggy, high rise fit either. Also, no super slubby denim or anything. 

So what are your suggestions? I love Selfedge and used to shop in person at Blue in Green. Not in NY anymore so that’s not an option. 

I'd like to help you out and direct you to a pair of 40inch TCB 50s I'm selling but the inseam is 25ish unless you want to convert into shorts.

Two Moon makes some great larger size polos.  Same with Deluxeware.

Supershopper would probably be more help for a legit check for your pair than us.

Edited by mlwdp

^ whether they're fakes or not I can tell you for sure that those are 100% not legit

What is the consensus on Eat Dust these days?

Edited by JDelage

For bikers, made by bikers is their motto.  The Amsterdam version of West Ride.  Their garbs are built tough IMO.  Not too many in the states carry the brand, but I know Tri Co in LA carries them.  For the prices Eat Dust commands, I'd rather get West Ride.

Best place for Fullcount online? Rakuten or otherwise?

Fullcount selection doesn't look great on Denimio. It's a shirt I'm after not jeans. Bears seem to have a fair selection but haven't used them before

Earthmarket sells Full Count.

If anybody here has Red Wing Pecos, how did you size on them? I wear a 10 in moc toes and Iron Rangers, they fit me about perfectly. But I've heard sizing on these boots is different. Also, anywhere I can buy these in the US besides Snake Oil Provisions, which seems (probably) sold out in my size?

Any idea where to get a replacement button for Visvim deckhand jacket (black). Either somewhere in London or online?...T.I.A...

On 8/22/2018 at 8:43 AM, mlwdp said:

@Cold SummerEvan at Hudsons Hill in Greensboro can do it.  Sometimes he instagram live streams his work.  He'd be the one to do it.  

Is this on the Hudsons Hill account or a different one?  

58 minutes ago, serotonin flood said:

Is this on the Hudsons Hill account or a different one?  

Hudson Hill account (He's the owner btw).  If you like, I can send you his direct number/email for contact. Let me know.

Edited by mlwdp

On 30.8.2018 at 8:47 PM, JDelage said:

They are Lee Europe stuff, manufactured in Poland/Turkey, and the availability in the US is generally speaking very limited. There’s a guy from L.A. who knows basically everything there is to know about Lee and their products and I think he is a member here too, you could check out the Lee master-thread as he could give you tons more info.

Edit: @428CJis the man.

Edited by Critical Observer

4 hours ago, mlwdp said:

Hudson Hill account (He's the owner btw).  If you like, I can send you his direct number/email for contact. Let me know.

Thank you!  I'd love his email address. 

On 2018-08-25 at 12:55 AM, JDelage said:

I’m looking for suggestions of indigo vests, preferably not plain denim, preferably not Western...  I’m intrigued by the IH dble indigo work vest but they don’t have it in my side anymore.

Blue blue japan has some great ones. Really love mine. Quality and construction is fantastic.

On 9/8/2018 at 4:11 PM, Cold Summer said:

If anybody here has Red Wing Pecos, how did you size on them? I wear a 10 in moc toes and Iron Rangers, they fit me about perfectly. But I've heard sizing on these boots is different. Also, anywhere I can buy these in the US besides Snake Oil Provisions, which seems (probably) sold out in my size?

I took Pecoss in same size as IRs and they turned out to be a little small, you better go with 10.5 (at least)

https://ironandresin.com/products/red-wing-irish-setter-9-pecos

On 9/8/2018 at 9:11 PM, Cold Summer said:

I'm a 10E Brannock, wore 10E in the 875 and 10 in Lofgren. I got some old 10D RW Pecos and the toe box is a bit narrow but the instep and heel are loose as hell. I think @ecsong187 found he had the same issue with them. I still wear mine, but they're kind of an odd fit. Also, the shaft is very wide at the top, so every time I stand up my pants just sit on top of the boot, Tsujimoto style (opinions will vary on whether or not this is acceptable, sometimes I rock it, othertimes it bugs me):

tumblr_lz16qvf5dv1qdn6reo1_500.jpg

What can I do to protect the leather patch in the dryer? I had to cut out a patch from a new pair of PBJ as it shrank too much. In my defense, I did manage to shrink the denim to my liking.

Is there an easy way to loosen the main button hole on a new pair? Never had that problem before but my Samurai are super hard to take off...

Put a screwrdiver in the hole or a big pen and wiggle around. Or just button and unbutton as foten as possible until the hole gets wider.

What's the best way to buy from yahoo auctions for a US customer?  To me buyee seems pretty good but curious what y'all do.