minya

SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

I use a Cross ballpoint, bought as a gift from my old team. Nice pens not to expensive.

I use whatever they have in the stationery cupboard at work! Beyond that I have a Fisher Space pen and a small stainless steel Inoxchrom ballpoint (from Spain) which has lived in the loop of my Filofax for the last 30 years. I bought my first refill for it last year.

Yeah BIC pens does it for me at work too lol.

On 02/08/2018 at 6:54 PM, mlwdp said:

Has anybody here recently received that email from Rakuten that says it can order from any JP site now, including ones that don't ship overseas?  

That's interesting, so acting as a proxy? I want to buy a shirt from FC but they won't ship overseas and have directed me to SOAS who are getting it end of the month. So that adds about 100 quid to the price.....

Which leads me to another point, why so many Japanese stores won't ship to the UK? For example  I have spent a fair bit of time in the loopwheeler store, Converse with them  thru social media, bought 5 or so items from them and they also know my son quite well.. however they won't accept me paying by card or PayPal and shipping to me even when I know the exact model and size. 

How many retailer's turn down sales!

Talk of pens and biro's made me remember this freebie Studio D'Artisan biro I got in an order from 2nd about 10 years ago. Still have it fresh in its packaging.

studiodartisanpigpen.JPG

What are the toughest longest lasting jeans.

Obviously iron heart are known to be excellent in this department but what others are hard as nails ?

Best high quality vintage cut white tees?

the best I’ve found is MF but they’re so expensive 

^Best mistake I made in some time was impulse buying a MF skivvy a couple years ago. Now that my previous, cheaper tees need replacing I'm facing the dilemma of ponying up for more skivvies or trying something like Lady White. Buying them directly from MF in two-packs gives you a modest discount, but they're still $68 per shirt with shipping.  

Yea love the skivvy tees. 

Maybe I just need to pony up for more

Any real lifters cut people can recommend with high rises that is also premium quality? I think PJB XX-019 is too slim for me. 

^ UES 400T is a good call, I’d say Flathead 3012 as it’s wider from the knee up.

^ & ^^: Aren't all of Ues's jeans ultra-low-rise? I've always stayed away from them for this reason, but if it's not the case, maybe I should be reconsidering…

Speaking as a crossfit/olympic weighlifting lifter, Trophy denim seems very good for a lifter fit. My 1608bk does fine for me.  The other styles are wider in the thigh except the slim styles of course.

1 hour ago, julian-wolf said:

^ & ^^: Aren't all of Ues's jeans ultra-low-rise? I've always stayed away from them for this reason, but if it's not the case, maybe I should be reconsidering…

The UES 400T is not low rise. it's a good medium rise in my book. Rivet&Hide should have some reliable measurements on their HP

Good to know—thanks. To me, a pre-soak 10.5" front rise for a 33" waist looks like it ought to fall well into the category of low-rise, but since you've tried them in person I'll certainly take your word for it over the numbers'. It's frustrating how much more there is to a cut than the few specific measurements that get posted.

Thanks for the offer, but no need. I trust R&H's size charts, and I trust your testimony that they fit like mid-rise jeans. I think this must just be one of those cases of the charts not telling the full story ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by julian-wolf

So my size 34 measures 10.8" at the front and 16" at the back rise. Combined with a rather spacious hip I have never encountered a feeling of too tight.

Whoa, that actually differs by quite a bit from what I'd expect based on R&H's charts…they list a 15.25" rear rise pre-shrink. Your numbers seem a lot more reasonable.

Who's making the best natural indigo jeans these days?
I have a pair of SExDB19's that are a bit too big for me, so I'd like to have a pair that actually fit.

Hey folks, is it possible to replace a wool cuff on a n1 jacket if it has a hole and have it look exactly the same as original?

Can you darn the holes on the cuff like a pair of jeans?

Thanks

N1Htroy-2.jpg

Absolutely possible. I believe there is a number of places that supply them. Mash clothing in Japan springs to mind 

What's the best way to achieve a low-contrast vintage fade? I'm assuming just machine wash often but would love to hear from the pros.

On 8/11/2018 at 7:08 AM, julian-wolf said:

Whoa, that actually differs by quite a bit from what I'd expect based on R&H's charts…they list a 15.25" rear rise pre-shrink. Your numbers seem a lot more reasonable.

My 400T size 33 are at 10.8" front rise and 14.5" back rise after a couple years. To me they feel more like a higher rise because of the roomy hips...they don't pull at the hips. 

On 17.8.2018 at 7:27 PM, : ) said:

Hey folks, is it possible to replace a wool cuff on a n1 jacket if it has a hole and have it look exactly the same as original?

Can you darn the holes on the cuff like a pair of jeans?

Thanks

Indigoproof once replaced the cuffs on such a jacket and it came out great, must be a few years ago, I think, but it's definitely possible.

Anyways, do any of you know of unsanforized black-overdyed indigo jeans? Preferably in a 60s cut or something similar.
Or has one of you overdyed your denim black or something similar?
I know about the od versions of Ironheart, but 21oz is too heavy for me atm and only the 634-cut suits my thighs.

Thank you very much! :)

Here's a potentially crazy question! Does anybody make custom rayon back pocket tabs that you (or a tailor) could affix to your jeans? Of course we know that because of the Levi's lawsuit, denim makers aren't allowed to feature the tab, but there's nothing stopping the end user from doing this on their own.

@Cold SummerEvan at Hudsons Hill in Greensboro can do it.  Sometimes he instagram live streams his work.  He'd be the one to do it.  

I’m looking for suggestions of indigo vests, preferably not plain denim, preferably not Western...  I’m intrigued by the IH dble indigo work vest but they don’t have it in my side anymore.

Indigofera might have something