minya

SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

On 4/23/2018 at 10:25 AM, julian-wolf said:

What shorts do folks here wear? With summer approaching, I'm realizing that I don't really have any that I like, and, as tempting as it is to just keep wearing jeans year-round, I'd like to have at least one pair to throw on for the hotter days.

So far, the Ues Duck Shorts have seemed most interesting to me, but I haven't spent much time searching. Interested in middle-weight fabric and a looseish fit. Pockets are a must. Would rather not spend more than ~$180.

I was intrigued by these https://www.superdenim.com/row/orslow-sateen-fatigue-shorts-army-green.html

Thanks all.

The fatigue shorts interested me too, but I've read a few accounts of them running very slim.

I'd be all for the TCB's, but I don't think those are being produced anymore? I haven't seen any mention of them in a while…

I think it’s just a case of telling Inuoe that you want him to hem them right up to your knees / thighs / arse depending on how adventurous you are. 

Ah, that'd explain it

I know I've seen them mentioned before, but I don't remember ever seeing them on his website or on denimio, so high-hemmed pants seems like a very plausible description

Those who have a jacket make of cotton duck fabric, how long did it take to lose the uber-stiffness and loosen up a bit (or did it ever do so?)

I just got a 3 Sixteen hunting jacket and love it but its so fucking stiff I feel like Im wearing that lead bib they make you wear when getting an X-Ray at the dentist.  

^ I can speak only for duck cloth jacket by TCB, and it was quite soft from the get go, virtually no break in.

@garden gnomes in space I've had a practically-bulletproof SDA unlined 19oz. duck jacket for the last 2 years that still has tons of stiffness to it. Unless I start actually doing more robust work around the house in it, I suspect it will stay that way for another couple years at least. It's the one piece I own that reminds me how buying heavy duty repro workwear can get a little silly if you're not actually doing any heavy duty work.   

I’ve asked before but thought I might try again; are there any of the better Japanese brands out there making unsanforized denim jackets with hand pockets? I know oni has been doing a few type 2’s with hand pockets, but I’d prefer a less boxy cut I think. Why is it that even the not-so-repro brands insist on no hand pockets?

Does anyone here have experience with Graph Zero / Heart Made Base? They've come up recently when searching around for info on Nihon Menpu's in-house brand, and some of their products and collaborations seem really great. These, in particular, have piqued my interest: http://graph-zero.com/?pid=112582973

Any further info or anecdotes would be greatly appreciated. Gonna x-post this to the Unknown Japanese Brands thread for greater visibility.

edit: If their descriptions are to be trusted, it also seems that they might have done a recent collaboration with CSF? It doesn't really look like it's done in the usual CSF style, but… http://graph-zero.com/?pid=57035369

Edited by julian-wolf

For all those who own loopwheel sweaters or sweaters in general, I need some laundry drying tips.

After hang drying one of my wtaps loopwheel hoodies the sweater got really warped around the shoulder and chest area because of the delicate/heavy nature of the material when it was hanging. 

I bought a couple flat drying racks to lay them flat on but I feel like its taking so long to dry them. Do you guys have any tips? Do you think putting them in a dryer on low heat will damage the sweater material if i put it in a net? Maybe ill flat dry them outside on certain days?

Thanks.

Edited by HAZARDkid

Put in the wash with a low spin and dry flat. 

Any short sleeve indigo shirt you have your eyes on? I liked the Tender cross-weave denim SS, but they're all sold out already...

Maybe some Jelado or Sugar Cane stuff. I have no idea why I've always been against wearing short sleeve button up shirts for me.  Gotta stop buying long sleeves in the summer.

I can vouch for UES shirts! Good quality stuff.

Anyone happen to know why lee is using red stitching on some of thier 101 versions that are floating around ebay? 

Did anyone ever use red stitching ?  Or just another attempt at some flash 

41 minutes ago, conqueror said:

what fits most similar to the orslow 107 but 1-2" bigger in the thigh? 

UES 400T or Flat Head 3012

Edited by bod

Depends on what price point and style you are after. If you want premium quality you can't go past Native Sons or Effector for a made in Japan frame.

Broadway and Sons are selling great aviators made by the original company that used to supply the US Air Force. 

There are plenty of options out there.

Glad Hand makes some good sunglasses.  

Stay away from Studio dartisan sunglasses.  They're cheap for a reason.

Thanks @mlwdp, Glad Hand looks cool. I had a pair of made in Japan Thom Browne’s I really liked but lost and I was thinking of trying out a different brand instead of simply replacing them with the same model.

Edited by jegr

Hi! This will be my first post. But it is important nonetheless! 

How do you guys carry your everyday stuff, like wallet, mobile phone, keys etc.?? I don't like my pretty and expensive japanese premium pants getting a phone fade!

When i commute i always have a backpack, sandqvist peter. Great bag! But for the occasions i only need what i can fit in my pockets i don't have a great alternative. What's the solution? 

Thanks for a great forum!

Edit - not a big fan of fanny packs

Edited by maharu