minya

SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

16,602 posts in this topic

I always soak or wash OW items before wearing them. My one wash Sugarcane Okinawa had a lot more shrinkage left after a second wash. 

For me it depends on the feel really. If the jeans are sanforized or feel grubby then I will give them a soak.

Hope this is the right place to pose this question, I'm looking for something with a similar fit to 3sixteen's ST-120x.  Of all the pairs I own, this one seems to work the best in terms of fit for me.  I also currently own a pair of Samurai s710xx and Strike Gold 3109 and the 3sixteen pair are a nice in between.  According to the measurements on Self Edge's website (unless I'm reading something incorrectly), the 3sixteen pair should have a narrower knee/leg opening than the Strike Gold pair, but comparing the two, the opposite is actually the case.  What I'm look for is something with a low to medium rise with a slim leg and just a slight taper, somewhere in the 14oz - 19oz range.  

If it matters, my inseam is between 28" and 30", could make a difference as far as the knee/leg opening are concerned. 

Edited by VivaMarlon

9 hours ago, JDelage said:

All - what's the consensus on build & fabric quality of Mr Freedom shirts and jackets?

I have the cowboy jacket and it's of great build quality. The fabric is a deadstock denim, but I doubt Christophe would choose anything that's not up to the highest standards. 

I think Mister Freedom stuff is great, I'm a little biased though since I like the brand quite a bit.
Some of it might be a bit over the top in regards to looks, but quality wise it's all very nice.

Denimio: Legit and a big go-to site for a good chunk of people.

Mister Freedom: build and quality are solid. I think some of his choices lately have been boring but I have a good amount of MF stuff that I don't regret at all.

23 hours ago, VivaMarlon said:

Hope this is the right place to pose this question, I'm looking for something with a similar fit to 3sixteen's ST-120x.  Of all the pairs I own, this one seems to work the best in terms of fit for me.  I also currently own a pair of Samurai s710xx and Strike Gold 3109 and the 3sixteen pair are a nice in between.  According to the measurements on Self Edge's website (unless I'm reading something incorrectly), the 3sixteen pair should have a narrower knee/leg opening than the Strike Gold pair, but comparing the two, the opposite is actually the case.  What I'm look for is something with a low to medium rise with a slim leg and just a slight taper, somewhere in the 14oz - 19oz range.  

If it matters, my inseam is between 28" and 30", could make a difference as far as the knee/leg opening are concerned. 

Have you tried looking at Flat Head's 3012, Sugar Cane 2014 jean, and maybe Stevenson's 340 CALISTOGA jean. Though the Stevenson's have a big waist which requires a belt and is sanforized. Also have a look at Mister Freedom over on his site. Has a nice mix of straight and slim straightish cuts.

On 2017-3-26 at 0:17 AM, JDelage said:

All - what's the consensus on build & fabric quality of Mr Freedom shirts and jackets?

All of the MF pieces I have are very well made.

Thats; Caban Peacoat, Okinawa Patrol Shirt and the lot 64 Okinawa jeans. 

Can't fault it at all...maybe the indigo bleed! - That's crazy on some mf pieces ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By CrazyCat820

View Advert The Flat Head 1001 NWT size 29
      The Flat Head 1001 NWT size 29 unhemmed/unworn/not soaked
      (Copy and pasted from Rivet and Hide measurements on their website too)
      https://rivetandhide.com/the-flat-head-1001-jean.html?___store=us_en
      In terms of appearance, the 16 oz. denim used on the 1001 jean looks almost just like the Pioneer 3000 series denim.
      The main difference is in the feel: the 16 oz. feels a bit rougher than the 3000 denim, the whiskers and honeycombs become really defined after just one day of wear. This is a slim straight fit but not as tight fitting as the 3001.

There is less shrinkage than in the Pioneer denim and the longer inseam makes this jean a good choice for taller people.

-16 oz. 100% cotton selvedge denim
      -Unsanforized/shrink-to-fit
      -Slim/straight fit
      -Iron buttons
      -Hidden iron rivets
      -Copper rivets
      -Goatskin leather patch
      -Button fly
      -Chain stitched hem
      -Crafted in Japan

NB. This denim is made from unsanforized/shrink-to-fit denim. The jeans will shrink by 1" in the waist and stretch back out by 1" with wear.
      The inseam will shrink up to a maximum of 2.5".
      Measured myself and got the same as on Rivet and Hide for these
      Advertiser CrazyCat820 Date 03/24/2017 Price $290.00 Category denim  
    • By CrazyCat820
      The Flat Head 1001 NWT size 29 unhemmed/unworn/not soaked
      (Copy and pasted from Rivet and Hide measurements on their website too)
      https://rivetandhide.com/the-flat-head-1001-jean.html?___store=us_en
      In terms of appearance, the 16 oz. denim used on the 1001 jean looks almost just like the Pioneer 3000 series denim.
      The main difference is in the feel: the 16 oz. feels a bit rougher than the 3000 denim, the whiskers and honeycombs become really defined after just one day of wear. This is a slim straight fit but not as tight fitting as the 3001.

There is less shrinkage than in the Pioneer denim and the longer inseam makes this jean a good choice for taller people.

-16 oz. 100% cotton selvedge denim
      -Unsanforized/shrink-to-fit
      -Slim/straight fit
      -Iron buttons
      -Hidden iron rivets
      -Copper rivets
      -Goatskin leather patch
      -Button fly
      -Chain stitched hem
      -Crafted in Japan

NB. This denim is made from unsanforized/shrink-to-fit denim. The jeans will shrink by 1" in the waist and stretch back out by 1" with wear.
      The inseam will shrink up to a maximum of 2.5".
      Measured myself and got the same as on Rivet and Hide for these
    • By CrazyCat820

View Advert The Flat Head 4002 NWT size 30
      The Flat Head 4002 NWT size 30 unhemmed/unworn/not soaked
      measurements can be seen here:
      https://rivetandhide.com/tfh-4002-slim-tapered-black-jean.html?___store=us_en
      Description copy and pasted:
      TFH 4002 Slim Tapered Black Jean
      The popular slim tapered fit from the 3002 indigo jean is now available in this 13.5 oz black denim.
      A mixture of sulphur and some indigo dyes the denim black and it will age in the same way as indigo denim with high contrast and Tate-Ochi vertical fading properties for which The Flat Head is renowned. The half-selvedge distinguishes this denim from the 3002 indigo jean.

This denim shrinks less than the 3xxx denim. 1" in the waist which will stretch back out and a maximum 2" in the inseam with a hot wash.
      It comes with a 38" inseam length.

-100% cotton 13.5 oz black denim
      -raw/unsanforized
      -Slim tapered fit
      -Hidden rivets
      -chain stitched hem
      -38" inseam
      -Zip Fly
      -Crafted in Japan
      I measured them myself and I got the same as on the website.  Ordered them online while drinking but really do not need more jeans..
      Advertiser CrazyCat820 Date 03/24/2017 Price $265.00 Category denim  
    • By CrazyCat820
      The Flat Head 4002 NWT size 30 unhemmed/unworn/not soaked
      measurements can be seen here:
      https://rivetandhide.com/tfh-4002-slim-tapered-black-jean.html?___store=us_en
      Description copy and pasted:
      TFH 4002 Slim Tapered Black Jean
      The popular slim tapered fit from the 3002 indigo jean is now available in this 13.5 oz black denim.
      A mixture of sulphur and some indigo dyes the denim black and it will age in the same way as indigo denim with high contrast and Tate-Ochi vertical fading properties for which The Flat Head is renowned. The half-selvedge distinguishes this denim from the 3002 indigo jean.

This denim shrinks less than the 3xxx denim. 1" in the waist which will stretch back out and a maximum 2" in the inseam with a hot wash.
      It comes with a 38" inseam length.

-100% cotton 13.5 oz black denim
      -raw/unsanforized
      -Slim tapered fit
      -Hidden rivets
      -chain stitched hem
      -38" inseam
      -Zip Fly
      -Crafted in Japan
      I measured them myself and I got the same as on the website.  Ordered them online while drinking but really do not need more jeans..
    • By Finesse

View Advert MENS NUDIES JEANS SLIM JIM DRY BLACK SLIM STRAIGHT FIT TAGGED 32x32 GREAT FADES
      A faded pair of Slim Jim Dry Black in size 32W x 32L an iconic fit and colorway from Nudies. Lots of life left.
      Advertiser Finesse Date 03/19/2017 Price $55.00 Category denim