SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I've had both the 70's Cons and the Lofgren Dessau, but in the black color ways. After wearing the 70's for a year and the Dessau sneakers for some considerable time now the Dessau sneakers are by far much more comfortable and feel a lot nicer / higher quality. Almost right away with the Cons I noticed the rubber sole cracking but I went on rocking them regardless. Not so with the Dessaus, I've worn them so much and I haven't noticed anything breaking with them yet.

I'm planning on getting the white ones soon, as they've become my favorite sneaker that I own.

The Dessaus are definitely the best sneaker I've ever worn... particularly there is this consistency to the insole that is exceptional—firm and supportive without tiring out one's feet after a day of walking. I've always been skeptical about the longevity of a canvas-rubber sneaker, but these have been through a lot and remain structurally as they were when I first bought them. And there is a lot of beauty in the simplicity of their design: they may not look too different from Converses when on your feet, but I don't think they need to; they're just a classic, well-made shoe.

Thanks for the input guys. I think I can rule out the 70s Chucks. Any impressions of the Made in USA PF Flyers? These seem really nice and appear to be a relatively good value at just $150. Compared to the Dessau sneakers I like how these are less of a cream color (which doesn't go as well with my outfits), have the patch on the outside of the ankle, and have leather lining inside the shoe (huge plus for me.) What's durability/comfort like on these?

I love my FH sneakers (my black leather FH Chuck style, and RJB white sneakers), they're comfy and look great - but I'm missing an almost all-white sneaker, hence why I'm on the hunt for one.

I have the 70's chucks and while I do like them more than the normal ones they don't really seem to fit right on my feet if I wear thin socks. I've also noticed that the aluminum eyelets end up staining the canvas pretty badly. They're also quite heavy compared to most other sneakers. 

Have you looked into Doek or Shoes Like Pottery? No experience with Doek but I have a pair of Shoes Like Pottery and they're really light compared to the converse while still feeling quite solid. 

You can't really compare 70's with Made in USA Flyers, Lofgrens etc. You're comparing 60 pound sneakers with 150 pound sneakers or above for the Lofgrens. 70's are much better than the normal cons for not a lot more money, are comfortable come in loads of colours and are cheap enough to trash and not worry. I've had 70's for nearly 2 years and still going strong.

Haven't seen Doek before but I really like the look of the Shoes Like Pottery hi tops on Lone Flag's site. I'd never heard of them before checking out that site a few weeks ago.

Really the main reason why I'd considered the 70s Chucks is because Snake Oil Provisions hypes these things to high heaven, and I was curious if they were really as great as they're made out to be. 

Compared to regular converse, 70s are better but the insole is weirdly cushiony in a way that tires out my feet and hurts my back if i wear them all day.

I have shoes like pottery and hillside which are loads better than converse and are pretty comfortable enough that i can wear them all day. Honestly, the John Lofgren Dessau sole is hands down my favorite. The soles are awesome. I did a 3 hour impromptu hike in New Zealand in them, felt no discomfort and they held up no problem. No experience with Doek but i believe they're made by moonstar who also does shoes like pottery so i'd expect it to have the same quality. 

I'd agree that Vans is a lot better in terms of comfort. I wear Shoes Like Pottery, Converse 70's, and Vans and I'd say that the Converse feels the least comfortable (not uncomfortable though, just less so than the other options). I think that it's because the soft padding actually absorbs some of the force applied by the foot when you step. So the other sneakers allow for a more direct contact with the ground.

I stopped wearing Chucks a long time ago because of how uncomfortable they are. However, I've worn Vans frequently for over a decade now, because they're so versatile and rather comfy. My Flat Head/RJB sneakers are more comfortable than my Vans, but it's not a night and day difference. 

Can anyone ID these jeans? Been trying to figure out what they are for quite a while.

They're a blue stretch skinny jean that have been overdyed so you get a contrast at the hem when they're turned up.

The guy wearing them usually wears denim from Acne, A.P.C. and Margiela but I'm pretty sure it's non of those. He also wears Japanese brands like Undercover so I was wondering if they could be by a Japanese label.

Anyone recognise them or know of any that are real similar?

Thanks!

yS4W5Kq.jpg

puXh9BT.jpg

FrfJIh9.jpg

IhGrFMA.jpg

I like my 70s Converse; there are plenty of nice Converse-a-likes, though none look as good as the original IMO.

If you're after comfort, Vans is a better choice. :)

I agree with the first part, but my 70's are more comfortable than all the vans I owned.

I owned a lot of sneakers and the 70's chucks are one of the most comfortable ones I have. Bought them for €30 so it was a no brainer.

For some reason I don't like the other shoes like john lofgren and pf flyers, something looks off to me

I agree with the first part, but my 70's are more comfortable than all the vans I owned.

I owned a lot of sneakers and the 70's chucks are one of the most comfortable ones I have. Bought them for €30 so it was a no brainer.

For some reason I don't like the other shoes like john lofgren and pf flyers, something looks off to me

I guess it depends on foot shape or other factors; I've got a couple arthritic toes (picked up from kickboxing in college), which means I can't wear shoes with thin soles. Regular Converse are a no-go, and the 70s Converse are good most of the time, but regular Vans Era have been amazing on my toes.

This is certainly all foot for thought!

Edit: Speaking of white hi-tops, here's a new one I just found out about: Colchester Rubber:

http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/gooddealweb/smp/images/item/sumaou_gooddealweb_10001311_2.jpg?1459511506

Edited by Iron Horse

Can anyone ID these jeans? Been trying to figure out what they are for quite a while.

They're a blue stretch skinny jean that have been overdyed so you get a contrast at the hem when they're turned up.

The guy wearing them usually wears denim from Acne, A.P.C. and Margiela but I'm pretty sure it's non of those. He also wears Japanese brands like Undercover so I was wondering if they could be by a Japanese label.

Anyone recognise them or know of any that are real similar?

Thanks!

yS4W5Kq.jpg

puXh9BT.jpg

FrfJIh9.jpg

IhGrFMA.jpg

Is that thom yorke?

Anyone who wants to use a proxy from Japan I would recommend avoiding buyee by tenso group. A parcel has gone missing as it crossed into australia

Australia post needs Japan post to lodge an inquiry to begin the process of locating the package which can only be done by the seller

Buyee says they don't offer any kind of service beyond the shipping of the package. Pretty abysmal customer service after using them for 6 purchases in the past two months alone.

Anyone have any other recommendations for a proxy with yahoo.jp? Buyee was nice because it had a good search function and integrated well with yahoo.jp system

I'm going to London next week, I have all the usual suspects on my list of shops to stop by but I seem to remember there being a Lee store with a big "Lee heritage" collection downstairs, can someone point me in the right direction?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic