SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Anybody out there able to comment on the relative quality of the Made in USA PF Flyers as compared to the cheap ones? I've got a pair of the cheap Center-Hi that looks good, but hasn't held up well at all. The outside is fine, but the insole/footbed wore out and practically disintegrated under my heels in just a few months. Thanks.

^ Happened on mine too, I just replaced the insole with an old one from some New balance running shoes, but if the rubber in the footbed continues to disintegrate at the rate it has, they may become completely useless.

No issue with my center hi or ramblers, but had to return the hughes I bought back in September.  About three and a half months of wear, and the sole split across the ball of the foot (discovered when my feet got soaked walking on wet pavement) and holes wore through the sole at the heel.  Not impressed.    

General question: What are your preferred methods for stretching the waist of a pair of jeans? I passed a couple of my old jeans off to some friends—one left-hand-twill (SDA 001), one right (Tender), both unsanforized, both great-fitting, except in the waist. I recommended they soak the waistband and wear them for a bit while damp.. one friend (with the LHT) said that they didn't give much after about an hour of doing so. Any other suggestions?

I just scooped up 2 pairs of vintage WW2 Deadstock cinch back selvedge denim jeans. I'm hoping to find info about these... Does anyone know anything about them?

The jeans are stamped 40 & 41 waist size but they measure out to about 38 and 36ish. Both have the same NAVAL stamp inside but different 3 digit numbers. Both have "WOODS" stamped on them. The selvedge is only visible on the inner back pockets and on the cinch. The denim is beautiful! Deep dark indigo color and a wonderful unworn vintage denim smell.  The belt loops are HUGE and the waist band is very large. There are also no rivets on either pair. The only metal is the cinch.

I'm in Canada so I'm wondering if these are possibly Canadian Naval Jeans? Or Maybe US Naval Jeans? British Maybe? 

I snapped a few quick pics but will post more if requested.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Link to Images-

http://imgur.com/a/15YPz

Does anyone know if there is a Japanese maker who makes something along the lines of:

il_fullxfull.771055895_9max.jpg

I'm only referring to this color scheme, not the holes or distressing. basically I want the jean however it started out. Ideally with a historical fit, button fly, higher rise, selvedge.

I own a pair of 501's exactly how I want these, however due to age they're beginning to tear and I'm not super into things falling apart on me. 

While on the subject, I'd love to know if there is a thread regarding jeans like this, with more info on their initial state, etc.

Thank you in advance

Edited by jo3 b

Has Whitesville ever made varsity jacket sizes bigger than 40 or at least XL? Can't find any sizes bigger than the traditional 38 or 40 online.

Edit: answered my own question as Whitesvilles does occasionally make XL size jackets but limited in style.

Edited by mlwdp

Omega is a good suggestion but there are plenty of options. Oris and tudor are also worth a look. Just copped a seiko skx007j (made in japan) as a rugged watch. Seiko do some really nice watches in that price range.

Have a look on watchfinder for options in your price range if you want Vintage or second hand.

Does anyone know if there is a Japanese maker who makes something along the lines of:

il_fullxfull.771055895_9max.jpg

I'm only referring to this color scheme, not the holes or distressing. basically I want the jean however it started out. Ideally with a historical fit, button fly, higher rise, selvedge.

I own a pair of 501's exactly how I want these, however due to age they're beginning to tear and I'm not super into things falling apart on me. 

While on the subject, I'd love to know if there is a thread regarding jeans like this, with more info on their initial state, etc.

Thank you in advance

Try Kapital:

http://www.kapital.jp/e-store/detail.php?id=NKSSLP17_2&key=4169&category=33

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic