SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I have a Schott peacoat with the quilted (nylon) lining. 

That makes a big difference I'm sure.  The vintage reproductions just have a rayon lining for easy on and off, but does nothing to help retain body heat.  Without some sort of bulky wool sweater on underneath, I wouldn't expect much out of the Buzz or RMC pea coats below freezing.      

• 2 weeks later...

OK, a recent convert to raw selvedge and been watching quietly in the background here of recent.

I have a question... Why do so many online sites not provide measurements for their jeans? It is incredibly frustrating and has stopped me numerous times from making purchases. Is it a clique snobby thing where people in the know should just know how different denims fit? Doesn't make much sense then, when dealing with new brands trying to break on the scene... Anyway, needed to vent as it's been driving me farking nutz. 

What sites are you going to that don't provide measurements? I can only think of a couple places that I buy stuff that don't.

Thanks Pudaspriest. Recently, it was with Feltraiger and Levi's. I also have the same lack of sizing issue on the Cultizm page (and model clarification for that matter).

Where are you based, we could point you in the direction of reputable sites with decent measurement charts? Oh and what denim you looking for?

Thanks Geeman. I know there are plenty of good online stores and brands out there that are more than helpful. I just wish they were all that way. I'm still finding my own style and size. I've been wearing my first raw selvedge, (Edwin 55 11.5oz white selvedge unwashed) for the past 5 months. I live in Hong Kong so wanted a lighter weight to get through the summer humidity over here as my first raw experience.

I have traditionally gone for a regular fit with more room in the seat, but still some taper in the leg (ed-55 fit this bill well). Though, now I'm starting to look more towards the slim tapers. I have bought quite a number of different jeans in the past 6 months to get a gauge on sizing and fit. So, now when I see measurements I have a better idea of how they will sit on me (well, at least before they stretch out).

Has anybody had any experience with Feltraiger jeans? Opinions? Feedback?

http://www.feltraiger.com/

How about Dumluck?

http://www.dumluck.nl

Was just curious. I quite like digging around and finding some of those smaller, lesser known brands.

Thanks Pudaspriest. Recently, it was with Feltraiger and Levi's. I also have the same lack of sizing issue on the Cultizm page (and model clarification for that matter).

If you're after LVC, your safest bet is to contact a Levis store.  They've always been helpful measuring what ever size/model I've been interested in.  A store like cultizm should have the measurements on their site, but they will measure jeans when asked. 

There are loads out there, though maybe not in their current line-ups. 

Warehouse have cinchback on both the 700 and 1004.

Wanted Fullcounts 1922 model myself for quite some time.

Studio D'Artisan also have made cinchback models, Denime, Evisu and Indigofera too.

The word is TCB is making a 30's cut aswell.

pherrows lot 500SW

5B75E125-D426-44FE-9BD2-FF8847333DAD.png

great fit I think.

warehouse 700 is discontinued as far as I know.

Ill get the TCB for sure. thing with chinch backs is that the rise is usually very vey high. to high for my built (= belly!).

TCB will not be super high waist, about the same as the 50's (under 12 inches front rise which is my max limit).

let me ask again!

he said to me that he wanted to make a 30's chinch back from quite some time but still had not found a original to measure. then later on he wrote me "please look forward to completion of TCB 30's in 2016" which made me think he finally found out an original to copy.

I'll ask him again and let you know.

Hello.  Hope you all are well.  

I have a pair of ONI 517 that fit me well, but could be better with a about an inch larger front and back rise.

I have tried the PBJ XX-012 and I don't like the way the legs fit as much as the ONI.

I have tried the Stevenson 727 and the thighs are too snug, and the back rise is too large.

Do you have any suggestions for me?  

Does anyone have any experience with the same jeans and have a suggestion?  I am looking at the Oni 546 20 oz secret denim.   I would prefer to go for a more vintage fade type denim this time around. 

Thank you in advance.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic