SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Hi I really want a pair of dry blue but was not sure the difference between the Thin Finn Dry Blue and Thin Finn Comfort. Are the colors and wash the same? I know it is less stretchy and the lining on the pocket is a different color. Are the thin finn dry blue similar to the cheap Monday dry blue? Can someone help me out? Thanks!

thanks

what size would be best to go with, keeping everything in mind?(stretching, etc)

also, how do the slim jim dry blacks and slim jim greycast stack up to the slim jim dry japans?

also, is stacking worthwhile on slim jims?

looking for some quick advice here, ill rep you up if thats your thing

Slim jims aren't the most like dior 19cms. Thin Finns are probably closer. The slim jims are a straightleg unlike the dior19cms which taper. The Thin finns are tapered and slim/skinny and will be closer to the dior19cms. I don't know how much you sized down for your diors so i can't say what size to get. I'd generally size down 1 from your normal waist. That's usually the rule of thumb for nudies.

to the mecca that is Superdenim,

Can anyone suggest a friendly online store in Japan to purchase a pair of 3001's

also. anyone who owns a pair and could suggest sizing / shrinkage tips on these babies would get a pint if they ever show up in London.

I am a 32" waist..

any info greatly appreciated

JJ

Buy a 32 from selfedge. You can buy them from different japanese stores on rakuten like bears or earth market but they don't ship to the US and you'll have to go through a japanese proxy where you pay for shipping from the store to the proxy, then from the proxy to you, plus a 15% service fee. I haven't seen any japanese stores with flatheads that ship to the US. I've heard true to size is the way to go.

I DEMAND MY REP QWERTY!!

i was wondering if anyone had a picture of them wearing a pair of sugarcanes 1947 I kinda want to see what they look like and since BiG and Selfedge don't carry a pair I wanted to see how they fall. Also about how much would a pair cost?

also can someone identify what style this is. I dont have an ebay account so i cant ask. Are they even real I think they are pretty sweet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BNWT-Sugar-Cane-07-Low-Rise-Straight-Leg-Jeans-30-32_W0QQitemZ130097876566QQihZ003QQcategoryZ11483QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If they are distressed, most likely the shrinkage is built into the garment. I say "most likely" because most distressed washes go through a full process to avoid variances - so I think you will be ok, especially if the shade of your jeans is lighter than rigid indigo blue... There may be cases of odd, anomolous partial washes i.e. unwashed with starch 3-d and sanding vs. resin or some other weirdness but should not be the case with LVC... There may be the normal slight shrinkage because wash/dry will tighten up the fibers as with any pair of jeans, but they should "stretch" back to where they should be after a little wear in time. Hope this makes you feel more comfortable about getting them.

i was wondering if anyone had a picture of them wearing a pair of sugarcanes 1947 I kinda want to see what they look like and since BiG and Selfedge don't carry a pair I wanted to see how they fall. Also about how much would a pair cost?

also can someone identify what style this is. I dont have an ebay account so i cant ask. Are they even real I think they are pretty sweet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BNWT-Sugar-Cane-07-Low-Rise-Straight-Leg-Jeans-30-32_W0QQitemZ130097876566QQihZ003QQcategoryZ11483QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=263714&postcount=374

a pair should run you ~150? double check on rakuten

they're not real.

no comments on the "pretty sweet"

If they are distressed, most likely the shrinkage is built into the garment. I say "most likely" because most distressed washes go through a full process to avoid variances - so I think you will be ok, especially if the shade of your jeans is lighter than rigid indigo blue... There may be cases of odd, anomolous partial washes i.e. unwashed with starch 3-d and sanding vs. resin or some other weirdness but should not be the case with LVC... There may be the normal slight shrinkage because wash/dry will tighten up the fibers as with any pair of jeans, but they should "stretch" back to where they should be after a little wear in time. Hope this makes you feel more comfortable about getting them.

Great...thanks for the info! Since you seem to know your stuff...what are your thoughts on the whiskering on the back of the knees not lining up with the back of MY knees? I know that LVC makes exact copies of actual historic pairs...but this dude must have had some weird legs...because the whiskering is down really low on the leg.

Wow...those are hella ugly (no offence). Keep in mind that if someone on ebay claims a retail price of $1200...something's wrong. Personally, if you're looking for distressed jeans, Sugarcane wouldn't be high on my list. Their distressing looks a bit fake...not really what a real pair of jeans would look like after they're broken in nicely.

Earthmarket will have pictures of models wearing the 47's. They're beautiful jeans btw.

You're welcome. Actually if they are designed as a distrssed wash and replicated at the laundry, then the back knee whiskers were applied by hand at a factory laundry. Most times, the designer will designate a specific length below the crotch for the knee whiskers to "start" or be applied. Sometimes, this is a late detail no one makes sure happens and placement can come out too low (or too high)... No telling if it was Levi's or factory error...

You're welcome. Actually if they are designed as a distrssed wash and replicated at the laundry, then the back knee whiskers were applied by hand at a factory laundry. Most times, the designer will designate a specific length below the crotch for the knee whiskers to "start" or be applied. Sometimes, this is a late detail no one makes sure happens and placement can come out too low (or too high)... No telling if it was Levi's or factory error...

Do you work in the industry?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic