SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I wouldn't risk it. If you hem them after, they'll be the perfect length...which is good if you're paying that much for something.

There's apparently a guy in Toronto who can chainstitch...was discussed in another thread if you do a search (or maybe it was on styleforum.net...if you can't find it, let me know).

ps - out of curiousity, why did you order from Japan and not BiG?

The fact is that it'll be cheaper if I order from Japan~> plus shipping=246.043 USD

and blue in green is selling it for 285 without shipping.

PLUS my s5000vx will have backpocket stitching+ redtab.

I'm after some heavier & rougher pure indigo denim, like the samurai s5000vx, or the skinner pure blue xx-005 (bloody hard to find, I've learned to google for 正藍屋"correct indigo house" xx-005 :rolleyes: ). Looking at the WAYWT threads they both look great on people but all the shop pictures show lots overlocking instead of felled seams and more overlocking near the buttons. Can anyone suggest other jeans I can look at with that kind of detailing? If there aren't better alternatives I'm still considering the s5000vx, there are a couple of shops that look like they still have stock in my size.

most japanese brands use seged inseams (if i'm not wrong) partly because of the weight of the denim--you would be able to feel a felled 14-17oz. seam running down your leg. most jeans you are looking for would not have a felled inseam. for awhile i thought the Somets might be felled, but i checked and nope, they're serged like the rest of them.

OK my first question is on searching. I could maybe use a tutorial on how the search works for this forum. I have been trying to find lee pocket stitching or vintage lee and turned up almost nothing, it makes me believe I am not searching properly/effectively. Anyone have some tips?

Secondly someone posted a one page scanned in guide of lee pocket stitch/tags/zippers/etc.. which I think is from one of the lightening guide (i am not sure) Anyone remember what thread or have it and could post again? Thanks.

OK my first question is on searching. I could maybe use a tutorial on how the search works for this forum. I have been trying to find lee pocket stitching or vintage lee and turned up almost nothing, it makes me believe I am not searching properly/effectively. Anyone have some tips?

Secondly someone posted a one page scanned in guide of lee pocket stitch/tags/zippers/etc.. which I think is from one of the lightening guide (i am not sure) Anyone remember what thread or have it and could post again? Thanks.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=22514&highlight=lee+history

No tips on searching. This one was on like page 3 or 4 of my search for "lee history"

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=22514&highlight=lee+history

No tips on searching. This one was on like page 3 or 4 of my search for "lee history"

Yeah thats it. Thanks I would rep you but I have to spread it around a bit first. I specifically did not look at this thread becuase I thought it was how to get "primer" off of lees... do'h.

The fact is that it'll be cheaper if I order from Japan~> plus shipping=246.043 USD

and blue in green is selling it for 285 without shipping.

PLUS my s5000vx will have backpocket stitching+ redtab.

Fair enough. You don't happen to speak Japanese, do you? If so, will you be my best friend? I was under the impression the Japanese stores cut the tab off too...sounds like you've done your research though.

Good luck with your purchase...I'm super jealous.

when you guys buy new denim, do you get jeans that are measured smaller than your actual waist size?

like my waist is 30". but i have never got denim that is measured less than 30" in fear of not being able to get them on at all.

Don't get mixed up between raw denim and washed denim...its suggested you size down for raw denim due to the stretch, which is more substantial than washed "regular" denim. It also depends on how you want them to fit, and the brand. APC stretches a lot, so its suggested you go down few sizes, they're also sized generously to begin with. If you're buying a standard pair of jeans...it doesn't hurt to go down a size for a bit of stretch-allowance, but personally I wouldn't go crazy so that you can't squeeze them on at all.

Fair enough. You don't happen to speak Japanese, do you? If so, will you be my best friend? I was under the impression the Japanese stores cut the tab off too...sounds like you've done your research though.

Good luck with your purchase...I'm super jealous.

haha.. thx I found the thread you were talking about. btw I dont speak Japanese.

Everything was done on Samurai's official website with some helps from online translater and their staff, Toshiko.

I was looking at a pair of nudie dry selvedge denim. Is this the same as raw denim. Will they shrink after washing?

nudies are raw denim, but they will not shrink much cuz they are sanforized. i think the shrinkage is something like 2%, which is really nothing.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic