SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

yeah you are missing that selvage denim is limited in its width but not in its length.

edit: or I just don't get what you want :D

Just that I swore it was next to impossible , hoggreaser btw this is slappin wurkk to the loom program or not . . To make jeans more than 36" long inseam . 

I kept thinking back before how the tall guys were pissed , but idk possibly it was only jeans over 17oz being that while thinking back lol , That the only jean maker to do anything over 36 for quite awhile til others caught on was I thiiiink ironHeart.

40 inch inseam though>

nah Ironheart was way beyond. Samurai did inseam of 36" AFTER shrinkage for many years, so they often start at 39".

Eternal 888 is at 40" raw and Warehosue 660 too, me thinks.

As Maynard and I said ("he legs are cut along the length of the roll

") you can make jeans as long as you want but why should you do it? It would be just a waste of fabric to make all jeans 40" or longer

They are legit as hell! :D

bought 3 times from them. and why too cheap? they sell for the regular Japanese retail price and the Yen is low at the moment.

BiG is of course more expensive as they have to import the jeans to the US before they sel. It will always be cheaper to buy directly from the source. But be aware that returns might be more difficult

that free shipping..and prices on momo's. amazing...

The way jeans crease is always going to be dependent on the tightness of the fit.  You'll have bigger, looser combs with a straight leg, whereas a very tight leg (like on a Nudie Tight Long John) will have a tight, horizontal pattern. 

Yours might just be due to individual variation, but it's possible one leg is bigger than the other.  This is normal, actually.  For example, my right foot is about one centimeter bigger than the left. 

ugh just placed an order on rakuten and realized after the store doesnt speak english and the item which was listed as in stock, is out of stock until further notice. i know rakuten has a strict purchasing policy with international orders, but I havent received the paypal invoice yet. can i just walk away from the deal or am i going to be on the hook?

I actually am referring to the Ande Whalls, haha.  I'm kind of leaning towards the slightly higher weight, so that I can wear them in Canada when I visit home for the holidays!  That, and the fact that it seems all buildings in Houston have A/C on full blast..

Thanks for your insights!

Just wondering what raws are available on the market that are similar to the fit of Levi 510's that also do small waist sizes (26-28) and anywhere up to $300 ideally.  

Naked and famous superskinny guys and the nudie fits tighter than the grim tim, ie tape ted, tight long john, thin finn etc. Theres also a possibility of sizing down 2 or possibly 3 on a pair of APC petite standards but you can't really do that with your waist size. Most of the other brands that are popular here like don't have much in the way of really tight fits. And not many go all the way down to a size 26. For most a size 28 is the smallest I've seen.

I might not know the terminology but I've been looking for a certain pair of jeans since I've seen them on TV. You know how men's jeans they have blue denim jeans with that fade look in the thighs? Usually they an off shoot of blue or even white. I saw on TV that part green they were amazing. I'd imagine you could make that area red, silver, etc. Where can I find those jeans? Also what terminology should I be using to google search because all I'm getting is completely green jeans or the pockets stitched green. Thanks

Would it be possible that the denim has green-core warp yarns, and the jean is overdyed with indigo?  So as the indigo rope-dye fades, the core of the warp begins to show through.  Just a thought, though.

I recall Brandon of N&F Denim saying that the weft of any denim is not really suppose to show through, unless you beat up the jeans so badly that the weft yarns poke through the torn warp yarns.

"Steve + Jeff… This is a very common question. “What is the difference between the red core denim and the red weft denim?†and “How do they fade differently?†The answer is the red core denim fades to red because the core of the warp yarns (outside yarns) are red and the indigo chips away with wear. The red wefts wont really fade to red. The warp on the red weft denim will fade to lighter shades of blue like any denim. But, when you get little rips and tears and damage on your jeans from hard use, the red weft jeans will have red yarns poking through, which look pretty neat and that’s why some might say you get red “fades†with those jeans as well. The red core jeans start off looking like a normal indigo jean and fade with red marks. The red weft denim is super dark indigo outside and red inside right away. You can flip up your cuff and show it off. It you want your red weft jeans to fade to red, you’ve gotta beat them up good so that there is enough “wear†for the red weft yarns to poke through. I hope that clarifies it a bit…"

Here is the link to the quote.  It's archived under the N&F blog for March 2012.

The weft is definitely visible at any stage of wear on pretty much all pairs of denim but it's appearance does not intensify in highly worn areas (until the point that the warp threads have actually broken down) it stays consistent.  How much the weft is visible has to do with the the weave of the denim. 

While the guesses as to what lilaznwoo are trying to describe are definitely possible, they seem pretty optimistic that the jeans he saw "on TV" were sufu status jeans on some level.  My guess would be that they are prewashes that either use something that gives a greencast to the most heavily treated areas, or, that the worn areas were dyed green after being "aged".  

The weft is definitely visible at any stage of wear on pretty much all pairs of denim but it's appearance does not intensify in highly worn areas (until the point that the warp threads have actually broken down) it stays consistent.  How much the weft is visible has to do with the the weave of the denim. 

While the guesses as to what lilaznwoo are trying to describe are definitely possible, they seem pretty optimistic that the jeans he saw "on TV" were sufu status jeans on some level.  My guess would be that they are prewashes that either use something that gives a greencast to the most heavily treated areas, or, that the worn areas were dyed green after being "aged".

Thanks man, I'm not at all into fashion so it was hard to describe. Too bad it sounds like something hard to find. I wish I remember what show it was something reality TV to post a pic. I have 24 pairs of shoes and I often like my shirt to match my shoes and I thought it was dope this guy had typical fashion blue jeans with that touch of green on the thighs. Wasn't neon, it was just a faded green look there. I go to stores all the time and try to describe it they never seen them before. Some major brands need to get on that. I'm seeing military pressed jeans and jeans with "the look of paint." Get some subtle touches of color. I figure someone overseas must do this.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic