SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Hi guys,

Just recently I learned about the whole denim-addict thing (we're talking a couple of days), so basicly - I don't know anything about the subject.

Anyway, I found a couple of Edwin Nashville Red Selvage in a local store and i'm gonna buy them OR the rainbow selvage ones this monday.

My question is:

I'm not planning to wash them in the near future (especially not if I buy the raw ones), but when I do - how will they shrink? In a local store nearby, I was told that they shrink in length but actually becomes larger in the waist. Is that true?

I feel that size 30 is maybe a bit large and 29 a bit small for my waist and I don't really know what to do.

Thanks in advance.

duke nukeem - I THINK the rainbows run slightly big / more roomy yes . Since you are buying them locally try and make sure the fit is proper to your tastes . If all else if fitting nicely by all means size down on the waist because it will stretch to your exacting size

also I think they are sanforized meaning if they shrink it will not be noticeable more than 1" or so MAX ..

meader I dont see why it would as an entire cinch going thru my rear most belt hoop does not hinder me from using a belt at all

I got a wrangler today from el kartel, they were retail for 199 but onsale for 119. They are selvage i think, and they feels really good and i believe they are dry, raw jeans. I think the model is wrangler 47, anyone heard of it? Because I wasnt sure if spending that much on wrangler good or bad.

What percentage of the posters here on supertalk are male vs. female? Also, what's a very popular forum where the posters are predominantly female? Styleforum is all men basically as is men.style.com which is mainly gay men. But I want to find a site which has the fashion opinions primarily of females.

Allcap

What percentage of the posters here on supertalk are male vs. female? Also, what's a very popular forum where the posters are predominantly female? Styleforum is all men basically as is men.style.com which is mainly gay men. But I want to find a site which has the fashion opinions primarily of females.

Allcap

this is a funny way of asking. :D

honestforum ---women's capital of the world.

thefashionspot?

is anyone on this site currently providing a japan purchasing service?

Does a poster by the name of xcoldricex offer this? For some reasong I thought he did. But if not, there should be a topic in the Superfashion thread stickied at the top that shows online sites to order from.

I'm about to soak a pari of Samurai s5000vx's. two questions.

1) does it matter if you soak them inside out or right side in?

2) should they be stretched out during the soak? I was going to get one of those large (20-30 gallon) tupperware tubs to soak them in, can I use that? I've heard of people soaking in buckets, but in the Samurai washing techniques thread, the "Master" made it clear to not crumple or twist the denim. I didn't know if this was for washing only, or soaking also. Thanks.

I'm about to soak a pari of Samurai s5000vx's. two questions.

1) does it matter if you soak them inside out or right side in?

2) should they be stretched out during the soak? I was going to get one of those large (20-30 gallon) tupperware tubs to soak them in, can I use that? I've heard of people soaking in buckets, but in the Samurai washing techniques thread, the "Master" made it clear to not crumple or twist the denim. I didn't know if this was for washing only, or soaking also. Thanks.

1) nope!

2a) nope! ; 2b) yep!

hey guys, i am looking for a pair of black jeans that fades pretty well/quickly (i don't want uber-black denim that doesn't fade and looks formal, i want it kinda casual so i can rock them with tees).

my other requirement is that i'd like them pretty straight-leg. i like the fit to be a little looser and maybe comparable to a size 29 APC NS (my only current pair of raw denim).

am i looking at dukes? samurai s5000bk? appreciate the help, any recommendations?

oops... i wasn't limiting my options to those two, just wondering if they would fit my criteria and also what else is out there as far as black, good fading, casual looking, straight leg denim. i might go with the black dukes, but the huge back pocket is kind of a turn-off for me. any other suggestions i should look into?

hey guys, i am looking for a pair of black jeans that fades pretty well/quickly

you want what you cannot have; regardless of samurai's marketing for the 5000BKs, black denim does not fade quickly. the one (1!) example that gets trotted out as a great example of BKs fading was worn daily for 18 months...

EDIT: for black jeans in general, look to: APC, Nudie, Somet, Skull, Samurai, Imperial and others -- they all make slim, straight-legged jeans in raw, black denim.

i am in desperate need of a new pair of jeans, but i can't decide what to get. i was thinking about ksubis. i like the look of them a lot, but i'm not quite sure about the quality. i was also thinking of rag and bones (the rb16 model), but i'm not really sure how the fit would be on them. i know that the quality would be great, but i'm looking for a fit similar to the ksubis or something along the lines of dior homme 19cm japanese denim. which do you think would be a better option? i know my size in ksubis, but i've never tried on rag and bones before. to give you a reference, i wear a 31 in the apc ns, and a 33 in basically all other brands.

hey, just wanna know if there are spelling mistakes in the april77 labels. cos i recently bought a pair from this US retailer and well, spotted some mistakes on the label of the jeans. cruelty was spelt as crulty and registered as registerd. can someone clarify?

mine has cruelty spelled correctly but registered is "registred"--and i got mine from Royal Cheese in Paris...you can always inquire on the website.

Does anybody know if the PBJ XX-006 has the same crotch issues as the 003/005? Looking at the BiG measurements, the XX-006 seems slightly different than the XX-003, but it's very slight. Could just be normal variance in the jeans or measuring.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic