SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

This may a lot to ask but, I've been looking for denim for so long and have yet to a cut that I'm satisfied with. Im looking for Flathead, SDA, Samurais, FullCount, Warehouse or Edwin. With these measurements post-soak:

31W

14.5-15.5 BR

11-11.5 FR

11-12 Thigh

8.75-9 Knee

8-8.3 Hem

The closest thing I've seen are 3sixteen+BSP but I've never seen aging pictures, so it's hard to purchase.

Suggestions?

Samurai S5000VX- FR is too small for the 31. 32 would be okay but my real waist is 31. My 32's stretch out too much.

S710XX- sz32 might pass, probably the most ideal cut.

S002 Yamato- hem is too wide.

The "texas cotton" models seem like ideal fits, but I dont know how they fade. The "texas-cotton" throws me off.

FlatHead is my #1 choice but I have yet to find a cut that I like.

You could get the Eternal 811s. Here are the one wash measurements for reference (size 32), the rise is a little lower than you prefer. I have both Eternsls and Flat Heads and the 14.5oz denim is very similar.

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=8965&category_id=&manufacturer_id=38&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62

Or get the Flat Head F380s in a 31, again the rise is a little lower than you'd like:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=210

Edit: also look at Sugar Cane. Hawaii, Okinawa and 1947 all seem to fit the bill for you in terms of measurements.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Im gonna look into the Samurai 710s, Warehouse and some FullCounts again. Though Im really interested in Edwins, I cant find measurements anywhere aside from the Edwin website. And from my past experience the measurements weren't accurate.

Thanks for your help!

Just get the Samurai S710s. I wish I could go two years back in time and just tell myself to go ahead and buy a pair. They're pretty much the perfect cut - regular rise, slim at top thigh, relaxed in the middle, perfect taper at the bottom. You can't go wrong with them (though I still like Flat Head's denim more.)

Hey there sufu, hoping for some quick advice. I bought a raw denim Iron Heart western/work shirt years ago that has proven stubborn regarding oder when it comes to the washing machine. I've heard of different ideas about soaking in various substances, like vodka, as un-conventional washing options, but I was curious if anyone has tried any successful options. Any ideas/suggestions would be great.

Edited by forthosewhotoil76

yeah, hot water will shrink the jeans more than cold. sanforized denim won't shrink that much.

Hey all, first post, first raws. I ordered some flathead f310 frontiers alittle over a month ago. gave them a hot water soak when they arrived and have been wearing them constantly since. http://imgur.com/a/FucW4 this is at 1 month, was curious as to how they are coming along and what people think of the fit.

Edited by sublimeblue

100 GBP for a "real" pair of Japanese jeans could be a bit hard to find

First you got the Osaka 5, which are Evisu, Fullcount, Warehouse, Denime, Studio d'Artisan.

They are more into the reproduction (although Evisu and Studio d'Artisan also do some crazy stuff too)

Then good brands are: Ironheart, Samurai (not new, older than Ironheart for example), Sugarcane (also more classical stuff), Eternal, PBJ (crazy texture), Oni (also crazy denim texture), Momotaro (different brands connected to them, can be misleading sometimes) the flathead .

From the Shoes thread I would guess you are more into the classical stuff? So Sugarcane, Fullcount, Warehouse and Denime might be brands you should check out first.

And well...you have to go through all this stuff to make up your mind. We all kinda did it and learned over time by reading here. I don't think we have the"fast food" version of knowledge here.

Search, read and learn. That's the best way

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

well...I guess your knowledge about boots also wasn't achieved over night ;) so you're right. it's part of the game and fun to get to know all this stuff.

sc 1947 will be the most classical pair and also the cheapest (I'm leaving n&f out here as they are no real japanese jeans).

the momotaro superdenim has is one of their subbrands, marketed for the younger and European market (slim and skinny fits).

the brands for a classic fit at superdenim are Joe McCoy, Studio d'artisan and maybe Edwin.

at denimgeek I would only look at flathead for japanese jeans.

As I suppose you aren't running around with no pants on, you should take somne time to see what you like, then research about shrinkage and stretching and sizing.

hog, this is by no means "official" or anything, but A.P.C. tends to be a very popular "jumping off" point.

very classic, very simple, and not many cuts/editions to wrap your head around. they're a touch out of your price range (about $185 USD) but you can't go wrong.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic