SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Yeah I mean had I tried them on or known what I know now it would be a different story. I would have not bought them and saved a hundred bucks. The thing is, I don't mind baggy or loose jeans. I also don't mind a slight sag. If I can get the waist to shrink and inch then it would be enough for me. If boiling or going through other extreme measures is only going to shrink the waist a half inch....well then I may as well resell them while they still have the tags on and not bother with all the extra work.

So I guess Im back on the market for a pair of buckle back suspender jeans. It's really disappointing because everything I find for braces is like $300, and after this I'm not so sure I will be buying online again. I thought I got these for a steal, but it looks like its going to be a headache after all. Thanks for the help Maynard and Freeman those are the exact same pair that I have except the cotton label is stitched to the inside of the jeans instead of the outside. Interesting that this link says to buy the size of your actual waist.

Edited by Davil

Actual waist size. Even though you wear standard Levis tagged 34, your actual waist size is probably 32" or 33".

If they haven't been washed yet, you could probably get an inch out of the waist with a hot wash. If you're worried them not shrinking enough, just put them back on ebay or try to sell them here.

Do any companies besides Left Field make a selvage chino or selvage duck pant in a slim tapered or anything more slim than the left field ones? More so interested in the indigo colored ones but the tan is just as good.

Thanks!

I'm told the 201 fabric is still Kurabo. It doesn't shrink, an inch off the inseam max, and the seat is cut very large.

The only way to go with these is actual size. Don't bother washing them, or attempting to shrink them, it simply won't work and reduces the value if you want to sell them on.

the yarns come in different sizes. The higher the number, the narrower it is, the lower the number, the thicker it is. 7x7 means both the warp and weft threads are size 7. Pretty sure most of the standard weight jeans you see on sufu (12.5 to 15 oz) are either 7x7, 6x7, or 6x6.

Can anyone tell me what is the signature jeans from Lee? It is like 501 is the signature jeans of Levis... maybe I shouldn't think this way, but well, you got what I mean...

Thank you very much

I have a pair of limited edition prps purple/orange selvedge raw jeans that I'm going to alter into Dior 19cm cut via Schaffers garment hotel. The problem is that before I decided the prps fit was not for me, I wore them for about a month and starched the f*** out of them. These jeans have never touched water...Should I give them a cold water soak to get out the starch out? (I'm worried that the tailor at SGH will iron at my starched jawnz and cakes will damage my denim). Also is there a way I could "reset" them so most of the creases are gone..currently there is some slight whiskers and honey combs?

Quck question guys, I'm after the slimmest fitting Samurais I can get, Im looking at the 710xx's in size 29 (waist 30") my waist measures 30" but I have been advised that due to my thighs being quite large (my slimmest jeans measuruing 11.5 on the thigh and hugging it) I should size up because of the thigh? Am I better off going for a different model completley to get a better waist fit?

I'm really struggling here as to what pair would suit me best!

any help would be appreciated!

thanks again!

Edited by Jord666

Hi everyone,

So after a year of regular wear, I decided to give my APC PS's a soak.

I'm happy with the results however I wanted everyone's opinion if these appear to be too tight. I have been fighting with myself to turn these in and go with the same size but in the new standard.

I am a size 26 waist and these are a size 24 Petite Standard.

It seems that these are too tight in the calf area because the outer seam appears to be opening up.

Let me know what you guys think...Thanks!

Calf area:

photo1-1.jpg

photo2.jpg

1 year of daily wear and 1 soak:

photo.jpg

Should I go with the saame size but in the "New Standard" that way the Outer seams in the calf area do not open up?

I've tried searching, but haven't been able to find anything. So I figured I'd ask here.

Is there any way to "set" indigo. Like if after 2 months you figure the fading is perfect, is there any way to essentially stop any further fading?

Alternatively, can anybody recommend a permanent indigo type denim (preferably selvedge). The only options I've been able to find are some J Crew washed denim that are pretty much a perfect raw indigo colour (but the fit is slimmer than I'm looking for and not selvedge), some triple dyed Iron Hearts that don't appear to be available anymore and some Rag + Bone that are probably too pre-faded. I know it's a weird question for a raw denim blog. But I basically want a pair of soft selvedge that will always have the pure dark indigo look on them for times when worn-in denim isn't really appropriate.

So I bought my first pair of selvedge denim back in June (Naked & Famous Skinny Guys) and i'm loving them so far I'm just wondering if anyone has any recommendations with a fit similar to the skinny guys. My only requirement is I need at least 38 inseam I'm 6'5" with disproportionately long legs and I like to cuff a little.

I recently washed my APC New Standards for the first time after 8 months. They came out great but 2 nights later I spilt curry sauce on the leg. I blotted it with water to try and remove it but it didn't work, the stain looks very yellow in the sun. What is the best way to go about removing this? I really don't want to give them a full wash again.

Posted about this in another thread but figured here was more suited for discussion.

Why the lack of love for Big John? You'd expect Japans oldest denim manufacturer to have at least a dedicated thread here. Pricing wise they'd fare with N&F, APC as mid-level denim at around €150. Been eyeing their RARE 008 model for quite a bit now being a fan of the arcs and deets eg.double belt loops, blue patch.

P/S: Haven't handled instore so can't attest for their quality.

So I bought my first pair of selvedge denim back in June (Naked & Famous Skinny Guys) and i'm loving them so far I'm just wondering if anyone has any recommendations with a fit similar to the skinny guys. My only requirement is I need at least 38 inseam I'm 6'5" with disproportionately long legs and I like to cuff a little.

Try nudies, they have inseams up to 38 and their grim tim and thin finn lines are similar to the skinnyguys in fit.

I rain soaked my raw denim at 1st month of wear and to my noobness, i dried it up with a hair dryer while I'm wearing it. Does this ruined the denim? or will this affect the fading characteristic or process?

I just picked up a new pair (N&F broken twill skinny guy) and I am being driven crazy by creases running down each leg from how they were folded in the store. I am OCD about this sort of thing, will they just disappear with wear? Should I hang them when not wearing? Thanks.

I just picked up a new pair (N&F broken twill skinny guy) and I am being driven crazy by creases running down each leg from how they were folded in the store. I am OCD about this sort of thing, will they just disappear with wear? Should I hang them when not wearing? Thanks.

Just wear 'm, they'll straighten out.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic