SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

do you guys think i could get the SCs close enough to look OK without trying on? if so how would you size the raws verus one wash.

Self Edge has measurements of the one wash SC 47s on their website, so you can compare those to your LVC 55s. you're probably going to want to get a 30 or 31 in the 47s because they shrink to, or a little bit below tagged size, and then stretch back out. since they're a vintage cut, they might still be a little big in the rear, but less so than the 55s.

Self Edge has measurements of the one wash SC 47s on their website, so you can compare those to your LVC 55s. you're probably going to want to get a 30 or 31 in the 47s because they shrink to, or a little bit below tagged size, and then stretch back out. since they're a vintage cut, they might still be a little big in the rear, but less so than the 55s.

i was thinking to buy the non wash as i've read one wash sizing can vary.

is your sizing advice for one wash or non-wash? if not for non-wash, perhaps you could help me with sizing info on non-wash sc repo 47'

EDIT: i just tried on my LVC 55 which measure a 32 waist, they are quite big on me (i lost about 20 pounds since purchase)..so perhaps best we assume i'm a 31-32 waist measured..

thanks for all your advice!

EDIT: SETTERMAN answered my questions via PM so no more questions from me. thanks gonna try sc1947s!

Edited by jsky808080

hello future denim nerds i need help now asap

i want a pair of jeans that has these measurements POST SOAK ! meaning all shrinkage outta the way

BIG STYLE MEASUREMENT AT THE BOTTOM NOT SOME JAPANESE WEBSITE MEASUREMENT WHICH IS USUALLY OFF

waist 88cm

f.rise 30 cm

b rise 41cm

thigh 33cm

knee 25cm

hem 22cm

inseam doesnt matter

So i need some quick help guys. I have a pair of PBJ that are the perfect for me pre-soak/shrinkage, aside from the waist and inseam.

Will a cold soak solve my issues with the waist and inseam without shrinking the rest by too much?

Sit in a warm bath in your jeans and let them dry on you, they'll settle to your body.

1944 501s have a double stitched inseam right?

The don't, where did you get that idea from?

I got a new pair of Edwin jeans. They are sanforized.

Edwin recommends pre-soaking, but I've never bothered to pre-soak any of my sanforized jeans before.

Should I do what's worked for me in the past (no soak)? Or should I follow their recommendation and soak them? I don't really see a point to soaking them, as they shouldn't shrink.

I got a new pair of Edwin jeans. They are sanforized.

Edwin recommends pre-soaking, but I've never bothered to pre-soak any of my sanforized jeans before.

Should I do what's worked for me in the past (no soak)? Or should I follow their recommendation and soak them? I don't really see a point to soaking them, as they shouldn't shrink.

You can go without soaking, but it's better with; it'll prevent indigo bleeding and staining and help break in the jeans. Also, even sanforized raw denim will shrink a tiny bit. And they'll simply be more comfy. Don't worry about indigo loss, it will be minimal.

I'm thinking of buying Uniqlo raw selvedge, but I'm iffy about whether or not it's the same jeans I see online with sick fades. The selvedge swatch doesn't have the red stitching (it's brown instead) and the fabric is rather stretchy. I'm just worried that it won't fade as nicely. Is it the same as all the uniqlo jeans i see online? Or is there a chance that this is of a different quality/fabric? I'm buying from Uniqlo Philippines, if anyone out here happens to be from here too

Edited by Longfellow

I'm lookin to buy some black raw denims, but unfortunately I'm unsure of my size. I came across the black rigid 511's and I'm unsure between the rigid black and rigid Jetty black, my first question is, other than one having a black tag and the other having a brown one, what's the difference?? Secondly, I usually wear a 31x32, and when I tried to washed black ones at the Levi store, 31x32 fit perfect. Yesterday at urban outfitters I came across a pair of black/dark dark blue raw 511's in 31x32. The leg fit perfect, but the waist was real tight. I didn't having a problem buttoning it, but I couldn't push them lower because of the tightness. Should size up to a 32x32 or 32x33, or will they stretch that much??

I'm lookin to buy some black raw denims, but unfortunately I'm unsure of my size. I came across the black rigid 511's and I'm unsure between the rigid black and rigid Jetty black, my first question is, other than one having a black tag and the other having a brown one, what's the difference?? Secondly, I usually wear a 31x32, and when I tried to washed black ones at the Levi store, 31x32 fit perfect. Yesterday at urban outfitters I came across a pair of black/dark dark blue raw 511's in 31x32. The leg fit perfect, but the waist was real tight. I didn't having a problem buttoning it, but I couldn't push them lower because of the tightness. Should size up to a 32x32 or 32x33, or will they stretch that much??

All jeans (raw or not) will stretch over time.

Unless it's suuuuuuuuuper uncomfortable, I don't think you need to size up.

Also, Levi's sizing is inconsistent as ****. It's to be expected when you mass produce something... but Levi's are a bit severe.

All jeans (raw or not) will stretch over time.

Unless it's suuuuuuuuuper uncomfortable, I don't think you need to size up.

Also, Levi's sizing is inconsistent as ****. It's to be expected when you mass produce something... but Levi's are a bit severe.

Thanks for the reply and info. Yeah, they're not SUPER uncomfortable, but they are fairly tight, I'm gonna go try on a 32x32 today and see how that works, if that's too loose, then I'm just going to stick to a 31x32. Btw, do you know if there's a difference between rigid vs. rigid jetty?

Edited by UchiMata

Thanks for the reply and info. Yeah, they're not SUPER uncomfortable, but they are fairly tight, I'm gonna go try on a 32x32 today and see how that works, if that's too loose, then I'm just going to stick to a 31x32. Btw, do you know if there's a difference between rigid vs. rigid jetty?

Unfortunately I don't. Slightly different washes maybe :D? Maybe one has more span than other? I would go with the 31x32, cause I'm like 99% sure they will stretch out and become comfortable and fit like the one you tried in the Levi's store.

So I just got my flathead3009s in and the way they fit pre-soak is absolutely perfect, except for the waist/seat and the inseam. I could live with a little shrinkage but, nothing more tha like 0.2" around.

How should I soak? Or will my pants inevitably shrink and become too tight in the legs?

Unfortunately I don't. Slightly different washes maybe :D? Maybe one has more span than other? I would go with the 31x32, cause I'm like 99% sure they will stretch out and become comfortable and fit like the one you tried in the Levi's store.

All good, truth is, as long as it's raw, I don't care hahaha. Thanks for the help though, I really appreciate it.

can somebody answer this?

hello future denim nerds i need help now asap

i want a pair of jeans that has these measurements POST SOAK ! meaning all shrinkage outta the way

BIG STYLE MEASUREMENT AT THE BOTTOM NOT SOME JAPANESE WEBSITE MEASUREMENT WHICH IS USUALLY OFF

waist 88cm

f.rise 30 cm

b rise 41cm

thigh 33cm

knee 25cm

hem 22cm

''inseam doesnt matter

i've been lurking on super future for years and learned a ton..but i'm still not able to purchase jeans that look good on me. so, really hoping someone can help. if i'm posting in the wrong place please let me know and i'll delete, or if this post is too beginners i can delete, too. thing is, i have genuinely been reading about denim for years but just can't seem to get a pair that looks good!

i'll post pics of two extremes on me - dior 19s (look way too slim/long on me) and LVC 55's (i think they look decent, my best attempt at jeans yet). i'm 5'7, 143 pounds..32 waist (LVCs measure 32 but seem saggy in the seat)

i was considering trying samurais or SCs (tried on 32 in 1947 sugarcane but seemed big) next (read through both threads), but LOST/overwhelemed as to the models to try. i live in the UK so not really any good stockists to try on my size in the brands mentioned or else i would go to a retail store!

anyways, what do you guys think would suit me - models/makes and the size i should try - totally open to suggestions! i can't afford to make any more denim mistakes just wanna get a pair right and wear them for years! i'm not into super slim denim or insanely baggy denim..just jeans that look comfortable.

pics attached any help much appreciated!

four pics

http://imgur.com/FfR...2J8,hvB26,9sc0s

EDIT: have tried flikr and imgur for pics, hoping imgur is working in above link

Try Iron Heart 634S in a size 30 or 31 assuming you're a 32. Don't go by first impressions of the initial fit when you try them on but you'll see that they're the gold standard and will transform into the fit you've been dreaming of. They usually stretch 2 sizes up and will give in the places that you're body tells them to. You wanted not too slim and not too baggy? These will listen to your needs.

Edited by Howling

Looking for recommendations for a nice solid black jean in a slim/straight fit.

For reference, I'm currently wearing Rogue territory stantons in a 33, naked and famous weird guy japan heritage in 33, iron heart x self edge x indo in 34.

Preferably easy to ship/order in Canada. Any advice is much appreciated.

IH Beatle Busters are slim straight: the SBG will fade to grey. The fabric is uniform but the durability and life is unbreakable. Also had a pair of Samurais 5000 a couple years ago that was a decent straight cut with amazing texture, high contrast fading. Checkout 3sixteen+ as well... Not too shabby. They feel like flathead or Sammy's Texas denim. Even though they're 18oz they feel much lighter.

Going on holiday soon and i am wondering if it is worth soaking my Samurai 5000bk in the sea while i am there. I've worn them pretty solid for over a year now. Only had one hot soak when they were fresh. What are the benefits to the sea soak if any?

cheers

your denim will smell like shit until you do a proper wash. If you have a foul odor fetish, I say go for it. otherwise, do a proper soak/wash in a sink or tub like a civilized human being. :)

you can post about it here afterwards? :-) Sorry couldn't resist. Then again who am I to poke fun? I'm sure there are people out there who swear by it.

Yes, Neptune and the Man from Atlantis.

I must admit that I like to create my own 'sea wash' at home by soaking my jeans in the bath and adding a drum of salt, a couple of used condoms, some flotsam and jetsam, a few manky fish and a healthy dose of urine. Never fails to do the job and get my denim nice and clean.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic