SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Warning***Very stupid questions!

How do people get those wallet fades in the back pocket? U leave the wallet inside while the 1st wash?

Yes, put as much cash as possible in the wallet plus all your cards and wash on the hottest cycle possible for killer fades

Warning***Very stupid questions!

How do people get those wallet fades in the back pocket? U leave the wallet inside while the 1st wash?

The latter I wash my Raws the better the result ( more contrast fades whiskers etc)?

We get wallet fades because we use wallets. Don't put your wallet in the wash because it makes your money soggy. This is obvious, man.

Guest Electrorock

Question!

A- raw jeans should be soaked when u 1st get them before wearing so to get the fades at the right place and then never wash soak for 6 months min. Or B- NEVER wash soak them for 6 months.

A or B? Any other answer will not answer my question.

Thank you!

Guest Electrorock

You're oversimplifying it. If denim is unsanforized, you need to soak first. If not, then it's up to you. There shouldn't be much shrinkage, and it's more about removing starch if you are so inclined.

Thank you very much.

Hello, I just placed an order on rakuten with earthmarket and I got the email confirmation from rakuten. I chose PayPal since I'm in the us but never got transferred to the screen for PayPal payments. Will I get another email on where to send the payment and how much later on or how does it work?

Thanks

Hey guys, another question. I'm trying to find my actually tts. I have been getting and wearing 30s but my instincts tell me I can go with a 29. Every unsanforized denim I get is a sz 30 but even after post soak, they still feel a little looser in the waist. Not really tight or snug at all. They just sit there. And i put my whole hand in between my body and jeans with a struggle on the sides (after a couple wears with stretching)

I'm a skinny dude with chicken legs. 5'8" and 130-140 pounds. I read around and most people say when they go tts with unsanforized denim, after soak they fit really snug and stretch. All mine normally don't fit too snug. Even after really hot presoaks. They just fit, but i like a snugger fit at first due to stretch. So would you guys say I am a 29 instead of a 30?

so i would like to buy a pair of pointer brand hickory stripped pants, but i just don't think that the fit will work on me. if i bring them to my tailor, would he most likely be able to make it not look like a tapered pair of jeans with a big seat/ everything out of proportion?

excuse the ignorance, i've never had any pants altered before.

Quick one...

Just got a pair of N&F Slim Guys, left hand twill. They fit great! Big thanks to Alex at Tate & Yoko.

Anyway I just need them hemmed (I'm a 30 inch inseam in every pair of jeans I own.)

So do I (1) get them hemmed right away

(2) break them in by wearing them then hem them

(3) do some sort of soak or wash then hem -- don't really want to do this

I'm thinking just hem them now to about 31 or 32 inches and let the eventual shrinkage bring them on down. Thoughts?

shrink them first then get them hemmed.

Does anyone know why the stitching on the bottoms of my jeans wear out / fray like this?

Could it be too much stacking?

It's common on most of my denim.

Thanks!

photo.jpg

denim reccommendations for very very hot weather???

in terms of fit i'm skinny but need something very roomy and comfortable , so no skinny fits (those i find hotter any way).

also, any non-denim reccs? i need something that looks good that i can wear every day for a long time..

Does anyone know why the stitching on the bottoms of my jeans wear out / fray like this?

Thanks!

at a guess i'd say friction from stacking

Thanks!

there's no way you're going to avoid that by "stacking less" if that's even possible. Any fold/wrinkle that sticks out there will do that regardless of how many stacks you've got

Not max cash but max raw do. max refers to the cut and cash refers to the color. cash are black/overdyed black usually an elastane mix, they aren't raw unless you get the max raws. Acne doesn't make black raw that I'm aware of.

Thanks!

photo.jpg

rubbing from walking and/or hitting the gears while you bike (i hate this and scares me whenever i bike lol)

I want to get my 7year old a a pair a raw denim. Any companies making raw denim jeans in a 7 reg or 8slim?

I am thinking of doing my next denim wash with Dr Bronner, what is the safe dosage for 1 bucket of water?

From Dr. Bronner website:

For the laundry, use 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup for one regular load; adjust as needed depending on hardness of water.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic