SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

hi, i wear a size 32/33 weird guy (32 in the nfxmomo 2 collabs and 33 in lefthandtwill). my thighs are rather large (12.5") and i pairs that have a 12" or 12.25" or even 12.5" thighs fit me the best.

right now i'm looking at a pair of apcs. it looked like the new standard was going to be a good fit for me, but there's not enough taper in it for me. the size charts on the petit standards and new cures on contextclothing only go up to tagged 33, but places like barney's, saks, etc, sell them in 34s.

based on the size 33 measurements of the petite standards and new cures, i think a 34 will fit me fine. it will probably have a 12" thigh, 8.75" knee, and 7.5-7.85" leg opening, all of which fit my desired measurements on a pair of jeans. after accounting for stretch, it should fit me like a second skin, which is what i'm looking for.

btw, i'm rather fat, 5'9", 190 lbs, pretty much no muscle lol.

thanks. :D

hey sufu,

so i have read a bunch of articles, read the stickys here and watched a few youtube videos about when and how to wash raw denim and i just had a few quesitons:

1. i have a plastic bath tub, will the indigo bleed stain it?

2. i have worn these jeans for about 8 months. i think it's time for a soak but i wasn't planning on using any soap - just soaking in water. do i use hot or cold? i've heard lukewarm is good because it shrinks them back to original fit a little but cold is good because you loose less dye?

thanks so much for helping me dudes

Edited by jbayonet

quick question about thigh measurements and sitting down...

I measured my thigh and I got about 23", currently wearing some sg's that have a 12.25 thigh, so when i'm standing up, there is some excess denim if i "pinch it out", the problem is that when i sit down there is no more denim to "pinch out" leading to it feeling very constricted when i sit down... why does this happen?

quick question about thigh measurements and sitting down...

I measured my thigh and I got about 23", currently wearing some sg's that have a 12.25 thigh, so when i'm standing up, there is some excess denim if i "pinch it out", the problem is that when i sit down there is no more denim to "pinch out" leading to it feeling very constricted when i sit down... why does this happen?

I think it's because your ass pulls the leg of your jeans up when you sit down.

question about post soak routine..

do i hv to put my jeans while still wet after soak?

and can i use hair dryer to dry my jeans? almost midnite here so i cant hang to dry i guess?

thx

No, you don't have to wear wet jeans unless you sized way down and are worried that your jeans will shrink to the point where you won't be able to put them on.

Hair dryer? I guess if you've got the time.

People do use febreeze sometimes and the only complaint I've seen has been that they then just smell like febreeze. You can also try putting the jeans in the freezer for a few hours, or in direct sunlight for a few hours. Both are supposed to control the bacteria causing smell issues.

On a different note, something just struck me, which is why I came to this thread. Are there any jeans made with both organic cotton and natural indigo? This seems to be a logical product missing from the market.

Guest Electrorock

I always wear army black boots with jeans but for summer

I wanna wear trainers.

What kind suits best?

I'm wearing 19 Dior mij raw.

I thought about converse varvatos or some basketball nike ones.

Any ideas?

Thanx

Yes, things are discounted. Typically what is being sold are the sample items. This means a small range of sizes in very limited quantities. The details can even be a little different from the items made at full production since samples are produced before the full line to get an idea of how it'll turn out.

I always wear army black boots with jeans but for summer

I wanna wear trainers.

What kind suits best?

I'm wearing 19 Dior mij raw.

I thought about converse varvatos or some basketball nike ones.

Any ideas?

Thanx

Personally I think small narrow shoes keep the sleek silhouette of slim jeans better but now you got kanye rocking ginormous sneakers with slimmer cuts so I guess the sky's the limit

Noob question about soaking, if i get a pair of raw Samurais and get a 34 waist and then soak how much shrinkage should i expect on the waist, leg opening, inseam etc.

Also after hot soaking a pair of raw denims will they stretch back to their original sizing? ie. waist, leg opening, inseam etc

So your average department store Levi's are prob 12oz?

Somewhere around there, yes. Since the STf are 14, its possible that other models also are around there, but even when you look at their website they specify on most of the models that they use 12oz. Distressing will make them lighter as well.

don't see a lot of examples of black denim fades. will black denim fade similar to the way the indigo does?

Depends on the material. I know those who have tried black Levi's stf have generally been disappointed, but some of the nicer brands come out nicely. Samurai tends to fade similarly to their blue denims, and pbj fades as well, though there are fewer examples out there.

Edited by BlueOctoberFan

Guest Electrorock

Warning***Very stupid questions!

How do people get those wallet fades in the back pocket? U leave the wallet inside while the 1st wash?

The latter I wash my Raws the better the result ( more contrast fades whiskers etc)?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic