SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

When the Levis suit went down there were a much of leather patches that had to come off as well yeah? I have a couple of craft projects I want to try out and some leather patches would be perfect. Any retails that have some I would like to buy.

Also if anyone else might know of how to get a hold of some thick leather patches from jeans I would be willing to buy them.

PS. I am not putting the patches on jeans.

definitely contact ande.

after soaking/washing in hot water, the waist will shrink 1". the inseams (for me) shrank only 2". if you want a slimmer fit, either choose something else or get your true size and try to stretch them? sizing down does not seem like a good idea.

Allright thanks. I'll buy a size close to being true to size with a lot extra on the inseam and try to shrink them as much as possible with a few hot soaks and then beat them to death.

tooth paste fell on my jeans. I try to to remove but it stays white. How do i eliminate the damn tooth paste stain?

Wash them, or spot wash. Just soaking in water didn't do it for me. Happened twice to my PBJ AI-001, once right on the crotch -_-

How much slimmer are Skull 5010XX 6X6 compared to Imperial Dukes?

What is the denim weight of 5010XX 6x6?

The cloth is using heavy denim(14.5oz) of 6x6 for yarn.

across equivalent sizes, i couldn't feel much of a difference in fit. probably most noticeably the skulls are a bit less fitted in the hips (like most japanese brands). the denim, though, feels very different.

few questions about the the Skull 50-10xx's from Self Edge. are they the 6x6s? i see that they're 14.5 oz.

also how much do they stretch? i sized down 2 on my apc NS and they worked out fine. think i could afford to size down 1 to 29 and just cold-soak them?

edit. and would these be a good place to go after apc new standards? or should i stick with something more 'standard' like nudies

I hav a couple questions about the samurai S5000vx

1.When will the samurai.jp site have more stock of the s5000vx if they will? And should I try ordering from 2nd Rakuten instead?

2.How much are customs taxes (Vancouver, BC) for Samurai.jp and 2nd Rakuten?

3.If I'm normally w28 length 32, would the 26 waist option fit perfectly after soak? And how much should I except them to stretch?

Thx alot to anyone who helps me answers this ;)

I wanted to get some opinions on my S510s. They're about 3 inches longer than I normally wear my jeans (cuffed). They've got a lot of stacking, and I'm not sure how it looks on me. So my question is, to Folsom cuff, or not to Folsom cuff?

Folsom cuff:

F1.jpg

F2.jpg

Regular cuff:

R1.jpg

R2.jpg

Opinions on how I should cuff them?

I wanted to get some opinions on my S510s. They're about 3 inches longer than I normally wear my jeans (cuffed). They've got a lot of stacking, and I'm not sure how it looks on me. So my question is, to Folsom cuff, or not to Folsom cuff?

Opinions on how I should cuff them?

They look REALLY big...I would get them hemmed...I personally don't like stacking on looser fits. Just my personal opinion. :D

Dude, no. You guys are being way too nice. Panda, you need to get some jeans that are the right size, dude. They're way too small around the waist. You look like you're really constricting yourself.

Also, the big cuffs are makin your legs look short. Kill the cuffs altogether or go with a much smaller one.

Thanks all. I've been unhappy with the length for a while. I hot soaked them and they shrank to the tagged length (36). My natural inseam is a 30, and I usually wear a 32 with a 2 inch cuff.

I've been holding back on hemming because I don't want to put myself in a situation where if the jeans get wet again, they'll shrink beyond what I can wear. With that in mind, I'm thinking about sending these back to BiG and having them hemmed to maybe a 33.5 or 34. With the way they stack now, that wont be enough to throw off the creases on the back of the knee, and if they shrink further in the wash, I still have room to work.

About the waist size, they're really not that tight. The tucked in shirt and the cut of the jeans makes them look a lot smaller than they really are. I appreciate the feedback though.

Samurai S5000BK - I've read that the fit is pretty slim. How would one compare the top block to the fit of say the RRDS or 5EP LDB?

I think they're similar to the RR's...thin, but not skinny, but unless you're a size 30 (available @ BiG), you won't be able to get them anywhere in N.A. right now (I just emailed around for myself a week ago). If you find more tho let me know!

anybody here have any experience with acne max cash? or any other raw denim with stretch in em. got 2 questions for the folks that do

1. whats the initial shrinkage like?

2. and will the waist stretch back to its original size? im hoping with the 2% stretch it'll stay at the post-wash size

any insights welcome

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic