SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

i went to try on apcs today and i found the apc ps in 30 to be the best in every way except the waist is a little loose. i couldn't try out a size 29 cause barney's was out of them and 30 was already tight on the calves so the 28 wouldn't work. anything i can do about the waist being too big? should i kop regardless?

also anyone know where i can get apc ps cheap?

anyone know of cuts similar to the ps in other brands (maybe nudies or?)

Nope, go get them hemmed. i'm about the same height as you and get my jeans hemmed to 32". Go find a place near you that can chainstitch them (selfedge, blueingreen, and some other places do that). Getting a standard hem from your local tailor won't give you the roping fade on the hem, so lots of sufu users go to places that do chainstitch.

If you look here:

http://supertalk.sup...82#entry2593982

kayodic's and zeen's pair have "roping" around the hem. If they aren't one-wash, make sure you either wash or soak them first before you hem them to get any shrinkage out.

Also hemming affects the leg opening very little, around .1" from my experience.

thanks for the help!

anyone know of cuts similar to the ps in other brands (maybe nudies or?)

if you're looking at APC and Nudies, you're probably in the same bout as me and are trying to find a cheaper alternative to the big japanese brands.

Here are some that I've found, that are handcrafted, and made from quality denim(I Think :rolleyes: )

Rougue Territory Stanton: 14 oz Japanese red line selvedge from Nihon Menpu Mills, slim fit, handcrafted in LA $180-200

Baldwin Henley: Handcrafted in Kansas, again a 14 oz japanese red line selvedge, slim fit $220

Tellason Ladbroke Grove: can get a 12.5 or a 14.5oz selvedge denim from Cone Mills White Oak factory. slim fit $200. Everything on the jeans is american made, and Jeans are hand cut and sewn in LA, so if where its produced means anything to you and you like America...could be a plus idk.

Wings + Horns slim fit raw: 13.5 oz red line selvedge from Cone Mills factory. Canadian brand. pretty sure they are around the $200 mark, little less maybe.

check em out if you'd like. Not sure if this is what you're looking for. If anyone else who probably knows a lot more than me wants to weigh in on what I picked out than great!

Edited by ClosetDenimFan

I have some 501stfs right now. I'm thinking about getting a new pair of denim. I have $300 and deciding if i should get flatheads, sams, pbj or something else. What should i get and which pairs fit like 501stfs?

Go measure your pair of 501's. Use blue in green's guide here:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=

then compare measurements to denim you're interested in buying. You're probably looking for a straight leg fit. if you're interested in a pair from selfedge, they measure denim a little differently but have their own measurement guide as well.

looking to get some suspenders, which will also give me an excuse to buy some new denim

which denim brand and model besides levis have suspender buttons on them??????

thanks

Lee, whether by Edwin or Real McCoy. RRL have just launched some nice suspender models . And Warehouse Duck Digger, or their Cafe Heller collabs, are especially nice if you can find any. Rising Sun have some excellent designs. Check out the Suspenders thread for more ideas.

I need help guys. I got me some sam 710s, went tts, and i love the denim. I realized that they dont really fit that slim for a guy with slim legs like me. Planning to get something a bit slimmer for a back up pair. Here we go :

Momotaro 0705BIG

Sexdbxsxs12

Eternal 883

SG 1109/1105

Narrowed down to these. Anyone who owns any of these? Input would be greatly appreciated!

Ive been doing alot of reading everywhere but still

Cant decide. Momotaros construction is tops? Sg' s denim has a lot of character, not really digging the arcs though, the dry bones is heavy for a slim cut which i like, and i have always wanted to get the eternals despite thread blowouts ive read about the 811, theyve got really good fades as well.

I'm planning on getting a pair of samurais 710 when big restocks some time this week. I'm worried about the sizing though.

Does anyone happen to have post soak measurements on size 32? and how much does the waist stretch? Would I be pushing it by trying to size down to a 31? thanks.

is the stronghold still a thing?

I need help guys. I got me some sam 710s, went tts, and i love the denim. I realized that they dont really fit that slim for a guy with slim legs like me. Planning to get something a bit slimmer for a back up pair. Here we go :

Momotaro 0705BIG

check out the momotaro thread http://supertalk.sup.../page__st__1600

on pg 33 they have a fit pic of what 0705s look like on

having owned a pair they were slim through the thighs and straight through the legs for me

i seem to get a crotch blow out in a matter of months with every single pair of jeans i have had over the years; whether they are painted-on april 77's or loose momotaro's. i am getting sick of it, esp when i am often dropping well over $300 on a pair. what is the deal? it doesn't happen with any other non-denim pants (cotton chino's for example) and i don't sag them nor do i wear them excessively high. does denim hate me?

Thanks olmecasteve! Will look into it! Momos are still up in my list. Were u happy with them or u wearin diffrent denim now?

My only complaint is that for me the rise of the jeans was too high

That may not be the case for you, but since I bike almost everyday my crotch felt very uncomfortable

Other than that the jeans are really awesome

i seem to get a crotch blow out in a matter of months with every single pair of jeans i have had over the years; whether they are painted-on april 77's or loose momotaro's. i am getting sick of it, esp when i am often dropping well over $300 on a pair. what is the deal? it doesn't happen with any other non-denim pants (cotton chino's for example) and i don't sag them nor do i wear them excessively high. does denim hate me?

How often do you wash your jeans?

Any kind souls here could enlighten me on the sizing on RRL jeans? I've tried to do my own research and the only result is contradictions everywhere re: the tag vs true waist size.

This is regarding RRL's normal rise slim fit jeans...

I wear sz 34 Naked & famous weirdguy

33 diors (hedi's)

I thank you beforehand....

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic