SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I guess I can be condescending, but I'd rather not be, especially to my friends or family. Most of the time I just lie and say I don't like how they fit on me when they suggest (insert random brand here.)

Thanks, but any other suggestions?

How do politely explain to someone that g-star, diesel, true religion, sevens, etc... isn't quality denim compared to skull, samurai, pbj, a.p.c., etc... without sounding like a denim snob?

some of the brands you mention as not being "quality denim" are actually not half bad at all.

what i do is explain why i like the jeans i like--attention to detail, heritage, respect for tradition...

putting down someone else's suggestions isn't really a thing to be done politely.

should i wear my new standards in the tub to help them stretch? they are really tight will that help?

also should i soak my dior homme 19cm raw black before wear? i just got them

just keep wearing them and they will stretch

and no

is it a good idea to soak my nudie slim jim dry japans before I start wearing them? will it do anything like it does with japanese brands?

they are sanforized, unlike japanese brands...it wouldn't have the same effect...just wear them

So last night went out bowling and about 4 pitchers into the night a girl spills a full cup of beer all over my Crates. At the time I told her not to worry probably cuz I was trashed and I wanted to hook up with her but this morning when I look at them they are stiff as hell and smell stongly of beer. The smell I was planning on just Fabrezzing(sp?) away but what about the actual beer? I dont want to wash my jeans but I dont want anything to grow either. cold soak?

yea they do. I used dr bonners non scented baby mild for 30 mins with warm water inside out. wore them wet for about 15 mins then hung dry. They didnt really shrink or lose much color. It did lose the beer stench so overall im happy ill post some pics tomorrow.

I'm going to buy the basic raw (non selvedge) Levi's 501 STF's and beat the shit out of them. What size should I go with?

My size on the European Levi's 511 slim for example is 33/34 and it's 33 on most slim evisu's as well.

Many say that I should size up on the waist at least 1" since the waist will shrink when I soak the jeans before starting to use wear them regularly. I would like them to fit comfortably but pretty slim. Something like 511 slims. So I guess I shouldn't size up on the waist, but rather try to get them to shrink a lot? To avoid making the inseam too short in the process I'm going to buy it with a lengthy inseam like 38".

So basically should I size up, stay true to size or even size down on the waist. Some say that STF's will strectch a lot especially on the waist.

The reason for asking these questions is that the model is not available in Finland, so I can't get them from any retail store.

^^ first, 511's fit nothing like 501's. 511's are skinny/slim, and 501's are more regular. a lot more room in the seat.

after soaking/washing in hot water, the waist will shrink 1". the inseams (for me) shrank only 2". if you want a slimmer fit, either choose something else or get your true size and try to stretch them? sizing down does not seem like a good idea.

my 501xx's fit me almost perfectly, but there's a little too much room in the seat.

Thinking of ordering some Eternal 811 from BIG. I'm new to raw denim and only have a pair of APC NS sz 35. I am a regular 36 in most of my denim and pants. How do the Eternals fit compared to the APC's? Much slimmer or bigger. I want to order a 36 one wash that they say measures 35 post soak. Will they stretch out much? Thanks for the help.

now, I wanna buy a REALLY nice pair of LHT jeans..

so I was hoping for somebody with some experience to maybe chip in with some info...

which LHT jeans would you get if you could have any pair ?

I have a quick question about a pair of Earnest Sewn Hemingway jeans I recently purchased at a local Marshalls store.

Everything about them is fine except they don't have the blue "signatures" stamped on the inside pocket lining. Plus it says this pair was made in April 2005.

So what's the deal? Are these fake or maybe some factory reject?

Guest jeffvyain

i don't have experience with LHT, but if i were buying a pair, i'd go with samurai jin (i assume these are LHT, though it's been a while since I looked at them) models or the SD 00X. most of the LHT, i assume, will be lee repros, so you're likely not to have hidden rivets. That's really the only thing that turns me away from them, but if I had some extra cash lying around and one or two more pairs that i've been wanting for the past 6 months that i just haven't thrown down on, i'd go for a pair.

When the Levis suit went down there were a much of leather patches that had to come off as well yeah? I have a couple of craft projects I want to try out and some leather patches would be perfect. Any retails that have some I would like to buy.

Also if anyone else might know of how to get a hold of some thick leather patches from jeans I would be willing to buy them.

PS. I am not putting the patches on jeans.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic