SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

so i read that since the 24oz are unsanforized, after shrink they become 27oz... does that hold true for all unsanforized denim i.e. more "weight" after a hot soak? like say i soak my 17oz strike golds, after soak they're actually 19oz or something?

Unsanforized denim will always shrink and gain weight when it's soaked/washed. Just how much, depends on the fabric, it's usually between 15 and 30%.

Why on earth a sensible person would want to wear 24 oz denim is another question...

Does BiG offer chainstitch services for jeans purchased outside the store (such as LVC)?

They've hemmed a pair of LVC 66s for me. I believe they'll hem any pair of jeans, you just have to pay for it if they weren't purchased at their store.

Hello. Looked for the answer in the thread with no luck. I'm sure it's here. Anyways, I wanted to get a pair of unsanfornized jeans hemmed. Can I do this without a soak? I don't want to get any shrinkage in the waist. Or can I just soak the legs? Would there be a Water line in the jeans? Thank you guys for ur time.

You can get them hemmed before a soak but you will need to take shrinkage into account before having them chopped. If the length of the jeans usually shrinks say 2 inches after soaking, leave an extra 2 inches when hemming otherwise they will be 2 inches too short. A soak wont leave a waterline but the waste will still be raw so there will be a difference in texture/feel. You may be putting off the inevitable anyway. Can you not wear them in the bath when soaking to keep the waste from shrinking too far?

I don't like how some people think wearing denim is a game, with rules. Not encouraging you to rub gritty grit onto your jeans but if you want fades enough then that is not out of the question.

As a fan of natural wear yes those activities making friction are good for scraping off dye.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic