SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I've been rocking some APC new standards for about 2 years now and while the fades look great, they are really starting to fall apart.

I'm in the market for a new pair of jeans, but I'd like to get something with a much higher rise than the new standards (they kind of hang on my ass and it gets really annoying). Any recommendations on some good higher rise jeans?

I've been rocking some APC new standards for about 2 years now and while the fades look great, they are really starting to fall apart.

I'm in the market for a new pair of jeans, but I'd like to get something with a much higher rise than the new standards (they kind of hang on my ass and it gets really annoying). Any recommendations on some good higher rise jeans?

LVC '67 505...

Click

So, I am just wondering... Would anyone consider buying those as an experiment to see how they fade? It is kind of pathetic on how they are priced though, if they were <$100 I would consider trying them out just to see what quality is like and how they hold up after months of wear.

I'd rather piss on my feet, to be honest :D

Click

So, I am just wondering... Would anyone consider buying those as an experiment to see how they fade? It is kind of pathetic on how they are priced though, if they were <$100 I would consider trying them out just to see what quality is like and how they hold up after months of wear.

I'd try them on and not tell anyone, but that's about as far as I'd go haha.

So i've tried out both APC NS and N&F weird guy fits, and i find that they taper too much and since my thighs are slightly larger the jeans make my figure look unflattering. What other brands/cuts should I be looking at?

I'm not sure what your budget is but maybe check out Iron Heart 634s. Straight fit.

Thanks for the tip. Are the other 505's not high rise? Also, also you have any other recommendations as these are pretty hard to find online?

Hard to find? Try Caliroots or Cultizm...and you'll want the '67 vintages, current 505's have a lower rise. One of the best jeans ever btw, and hell, they're even cheap by LVC standards!

Hard to find? Try Caliroots or Cultizm...and you'll want the '67 vintages, current 505's have a lower rise. One of the best jeans ever btw, and hell, they're even cheap by LVC standards!

Ok im sold on these. Now i just need to figure out what size to get. I've read the 67 505 fits small so I should size up. I normally am a 36 waist but i am losing some weight. I'm thinking I should be safe and get the 38.

so im going on my 23rd month of my IH301S... once i hit the two year mark im going to retire them from full time wear.

question is, what should i buy next? im looking for something a little less heavy and not quite as slim of a fit. (i wear a sz 30 in the IH301S)

Well, the 301s are 21 oz. If you want to stay with the brand (great quality denim), then I would recommend a pair of 666s. They aren't as tapered (yeah they are slim), but not nearly as tapered as the 301s. Otherwise I would say the BB raw since that is the only other 18oz pair that is somewhat slim.

If you are looking for something light weight personally I would go with PBJ xx-007s, or a pair of Flat Heads.

Can anyone recommend me some jawns that have some room in the top part, like APC NS or Levi 1947 505, but have more of a taper. My APC NS in size 32 and Levi 1947 505 in size 33 share a leg opening of 8"... I'd like to find something with 7.75 that will also not crush my thighs. Hard to find jeans that fit athletic bodies but also have a taper.

Can anyone recommend me some jawns that have some room in the top part, like APC NS or Levi 1947 505, but have more of a taper. My APC NS in size 32 and Levi 1947 505 in size 33 share a leg opening of 8"... I'd like to find something with 7.75 that will also not crush my thighs. Hard to find jeans that fit athletic bodies but also have a taper.

Imperial Shearers

Ok im sold on these. Now i just need to figure out what size to get. I've read the 67 505 fits small so I should size up. I normally am a 36 waist but i am losing some weight. I'm thinking I should be safe and get the 38.

If your measured size is 36, you'll be safe with W36

Can someone please let me know if the current LVC 1955 501's are still over sized by 3 inches in the waist. I read the "visual guide to levi 501" thread and it states that the LVC 1927 were three inches over sized and that was indeed true. After one and a half years, I figured that I need a new pair of LVC, and I thought the production sizes may have changed.

Can someone please let me know if the current LVC 1955 501's are still over sized by 3 inches in the waist. I read the "visual guide to levi 501" thread and it states that the LVC 1927 were three inches over sized and that was indeed true. After one and a half years, I figured that I need a new pair of LVC, and I thought the production sizes may have changed.

The 55s have been oversized for several years, and I doubt that has changed. As far as I know, the entire line is at least 1 to 2" over tagged size at the waist now, depending on model. Probably now more important than ever to contact them and get actual measurements (which they're very good about giving).

i can attest to top notch service from Dejan. i don't usually have a lot of good things to say about online shops, but cultizm does it for me. i remember once i enquired about a pair of 66's in 32/32. Dejan emailed me after a couple of months to let me know that they wont be having those for a long time. i was reallt expecting him to completely forget about it. fantastic guys at cultizm whom im sure will be more than willing to measure a pair you purchase.

ok i was at the club last night and found a nasty surprise this am, neon bubble gum smeared on the rear of my beloved denim :o quick google search brought up various remedies from freezing the jeans to applying peanut butter, but my freezer is full atm and i'd like to avoid any greasy solutions that might stain my super faded pair and make things worst. any advice would be greatly appreciated (btw the gum is weaved in pretty heavily :( )

ok i was at the club last night and found a nasty surprise this am, neon bubble gum smeared on the rear of my beloved denim :o quick google search brought up various remedies from freezing the jeans to applying peanut butter, but my freezer is full atm and i'd like to avoid any greasy solutions that might stain my super faded pair and make things worst. any advice would be greatly appreciated (btw the gum is weaved in pretty heavily :( )

i always use ice on gum to freeze it. get a good majority of it out and then you will prob have to wear it for the rest to break down

gl

I'm looking for some new denim that fits similarly to APC's new cure (definitely not skinnier) that is a bit more durable. Price isn't a huge issue, what do you guys recommend?

selfedge.com

Look around =) find something with similar measurements and just account for shrinkage and you're good to go.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic