SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Material quality is supposed to be better, teeth zip smoother stuff like that, but in all the jackets I've owned/tried on with RiRis I don't notice much difference between them and those special YKKs. Maybe they take wear/abuse better. I have only seen them in nicer designer leathers so it could be a luxe thing.

I need to know whether to keep this shirt or not. I'm loving it, but I think it's a bit large around the shoulders. It's a Flathead size 44: http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=591&zenid=ae26536394c515b97c82ab2ca5282d99. According to SE, it will not shrink. Please give me your opinions.

2uqlq47.jpg

9lj1c1.jpg

I'm measuring my waist for a new APC new standard. When measuring around the place I normally wear my jeans, I get a measurement of about 36". This, however, doesn't make any sense to me, since I always wear 31-32 chinos. Could someone please tell what I might be doing wrong?

Thank you very much.

I'm measuring my waist for a new APC new standard. When measuring around the place I normally wear my jeans, I get a measurement of about 36". This, however, doesn't make any sense to me, since I always wear 31-32 chinos. Could someone please tell what I might be doing wrong?

Thank you very much.

You might not be doing anything wrong. Your chinos could be vanity sized. Measure the waist of your chinos and I'm sure that they measure larger than 31-32.

stingray1381, keep the shirt. the fit is perfect.

Thank you very much.

Measuring the Waist

Step 1: Button up the jean.

Step 2: Lay the jean out flat with the top front edge even with the top back edge.

Step 3: Measure from one side of the waist to the other.

Step 4: Double this measurement.

WAIST%20copy_1.jpg

So, whatever your waist measurement is on your favorite pair of fitting jeans.. Go with that waist size and find the size that measures out to just that for an APC jean. Then if you choose to size down, you will know where to start from.

Does anyone know if there are any jeans that are LHT and natural indigo?

I can't think of any; you'd think there must have been a Japanese one, but the bulk of LH designs tend to be influenced by Lee, who popularised that configuration but didn't launch until well after natural indigo stopped being used in workwear.

So, whatever your waist measurement is on your favorite pair of fitting jeans.. Go with that waist size and find the size that measures out to just that for an APC jean. Then if you choose to size down, you will know where to start from.

Thanks, I just measured and a well fitting pants of mine (j.crew urban slim fit) is 34" (tagged 31"). I have a week old APC new standard, tagged 30, and it's already comfortable to the point where I don't want it to stretch any further. Is it the right size?

Not time for a wash yet but I'm thinking ahead.

Any one have any tips on maintaining creases when washing? With my APCs I just threw them in the wash and let it ride and my creases reset. Any tips on not having this happen to my Flat Heads?

Soaking instead of washing would HELP maintain them, but I still think you'd mostly lose them. Wait until fades develop then you don't have to worry about losing them.

Soaking instead of washing would HELP maintain them, but I still think you'd mostly lose them. Wait until fades develop then you don't have to worry about losing them.

Yeah I'm at about 4 months now and thinking are starting to come through finally.

Basically what you're saying is where the fade is, the denim is weaker therefore it should crease back in that same spot as long as the fade is developed?

Yeah I'm at about 4 months now and thinking are starting to come through finally.

Basically what you're saying is where the fade is, the denim is weaker therefore it should crease back in that same spot as long as the fade is developed?

I'm saying that if there are fades there then you won't need to worry about creases at all.

Click

So, I am just wondering... Would anyone consider buying those as an experiment to see how they fade? It is kind of pathetic on how they are priced though, if they were <$100 I would consider trying them out just to see what quality is like and how they hold up after months of wear.

Click

So, I am just wondering... Would anyone consider buying those as an experiment to see how they fade? It is kind of pathetic on how they are priced though, if they were <$100 I would consider trying them out just to see what quality is like and how they hold up after months of wear.

I have a pair, they're actually not too bad. I mean they're overpriced for what they are. Very similar to the Levi's Matchstick Selvedge, haven't faded them yet. They're waiting to jump into the rotation...

well . . .

a.p.c. jeans are notorious for their stretching capability

from my personal experience they do stretch a ton in both the waist & thighs

but.. a 'good' fit is all based upon personal preference & taste

in all honesty, i can't tell you if your jeans will fit you well in two months time..

the only one person who can figure that out is yourself

if you'd like a better opinion, could you please post a fit picture ?

my question is, will they fit well in two months time?

i've searched selfedge for the past two days and cannot find the answer to this question: what cut from iron heart is not selvedge? i've seen a guy around my university wearing a pair, looks like a slim taper or skinny fit, can't tell if it's OD or not. help?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic