SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

poopslush, you don't need to wash them before wearing. if you want to shrink them, then you should wash/soak. shrinking works best with a soak in hot water.

i5tioneyes, i was wondering the same thing but i figured it out. when i first got my 501xx, i washed once in hot water. i was ok with the fit, so i stuck with them for a month. then i washed them again in hot water and they shrank a bit more. so yes, soak again for probably just as long. wait for them to dry first.

Do they ship to the states though? Why not just get them from BiG? Out of your size?

no big has my size in stock but i think if i order from a jpn site they might be a little cheaper for me. but then again i dunno, after commission and all that they may end up costing the same as the ones sold at big or even a bit more. so im looking at all my options first before spending a ton of $ on denim.

no big has my size in stock but i think if i order from a jpn site they might be a little cheaper for me. but then again i dunno, after commission and all that they may end up costing the same as the ones sold at big or even a bit more. so im looking at all my options first before spending a ton of $ on denim.

$447.3034 currently before any fees/shipping. Normally people do 10% + shipping is $30 EMS. so add on another $74. So around $510. which is exactly the SAME price at BIG. The benefits of being able to try and return a pair of $510 jeans outweighs any monetary value you might save.

I have some alife 501xx's i soaked them for an hour in room tempature water and then hung them to dry, they shrank some, but I am looking for more, is the best way for me to do this hot water soak then a dryer? If so what dryer setting, and how much different will they look after this process then they do after one soak? thanks

Hehe, I actually paid more for mine from japan than they would have costed from BiG. This was before BiG existed :P From my own personal experience, I don't ever plan on buying jeans that I can't tryon/return again. Besides, aren't those guys (2000db and parachutes) taking a break from that for a while?

i was thinkin the same thing but i wanted to make sure that was possible. thanks tweeds :)

also, does 45 rpm on mercer street do tapering?

edit: if anyone knows of a recommended tailor for such situations in nyc that would be helpful aswell.

thanks

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic