minya

SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

my bad; this is the thread i thought about, and its over at styleforum.

edit:

ok, W30 slim jim dry japan is 82cm according to zoovillage.com's measurements.

W29 78cm

W31 84cm

edit #324235: oh i see the ones in supermarket is a W28. :) 76cm says zoovillage.

alright, so that makes sense then. he said it measured 15", i guess i didnt notice that. i'll go measure some jeans

edit: and thank you!

Im looking for a Levi at the same quality level as the discontinued 901. Suggestions?

Im looking for a Levi at the same quality level as the discontinued 901. Suggestions?

yeah... buy my pair of 901... you a size 30?

levi's red. if possible, the old reds that the 901's were ripped from

put your wallet in the other pocket?

lol...good one....pretty common sense :P

wow alittle over 2 days and 100 posts, i thought this thread was gonna crash and burn, so wrong. to not constitute junking this thread up which ones were the 901s?

question: i have a pair of evisu no.2 2001's, when i wear em its puffy on the back and crotch-fly area. i think its because the crotch is too low, front and back rise is too long. should i take em to a tailor and have him fix it? otherwise i like em and hate to get rid of it.

thanks..

what do you suggest doing to a new pair of 501 stf's(not LVC)?soak em in hot water or cold water?or no soak at all?

1. dude...their stf's...who the hell cares lol...experiment

2. well if you want maximum shrinkage then soak them in hot water, a lil bit of shrinkage then put them in cold....if they fit perfectly then no soak...

Guest TheMillionaire

im new and now really informed, but im wondering....

1. is there an online catalog to cone denim and if so can i get it.

2. how much is raw selvedge by the yard

3. im tryin to start up a denim line and is there a company that makes custom jeans or do i have to hire people for it and all...

jsut some q's thanks guys.

question: i have a pair of evisu no.2 2001's, when i wear em its puffy on the back and crotch-fly area. i think its because the crotch is too low, front and back rise is too long. should i take em to a tailor and have him fix it? otherwise i like em and hate to get rid of it.

thanks..

leave it as is...

leave it as is...

will it eventually even out?

im new and now really informed, but im wondering....

1. is there an online catalog to cone denim and if so can i get it.

2. how much is raw selvedge by the yard

3. im tryin to start up a denim line and is there a company that makes custom jeans or do i have to hire people for it and all...

jsut some q's thanks guys.

There are factories that will make a custom run of jeans, BUT unless you know how to do everything, the importance of proper pattern grading, sew by hand, install hardware, hell drafting a pattern, etc. your jeans that you get produced will suck, because you wont be able to control the entire productin process. If you really want to start up a line, go to school for it first.

I pretty much know jack shit about denim, so someone please help me.

My friend sold me a pair of 36x32 Nudies. I'm pretty sure that it's the RRDS. The jeans fit nicely on me, but the length is way, way too long. Should I get it tailored to my fit, or does it shrink a lot by itself? Sorry if it's a noob question..

^Wait until it's gone through a few washes or a hot soak before hemming, the inseam can shrink up to 3-4 inches sometimes, but normally around 1-2. In the meantine cuff.

a yoke refers to an added piece of fabric used for shaping without wasting fabric in darts.

on jeans it falls on top of the butt, above the back pockets.

On shirts it is often on the shoulders.

I work in a corporate setting. No jeans is the rule. But I can get away with black jeans. Is there any black-warp/black/weft raw denim jean?

will it eventually even out?

nope, thats how the jean is meant to be...leave as is

I work in a corporate setting. No jeans is the rule. But I can get away with black jeans. Is there any black-warp/black/weft raw denim jean?

I'm not really all that familiar with terminology, but if your looking for black jeans that fade like indigo jeans, you can try Nudie dry black. Mynudies had a pair or two in their photos section with pretty nice fades last time I checked. There is this one amazing pair of black jeans that was posted on here a while back (a Japanese brand) but I don't remember exactly who made it.

GregNYC There are some jeans like you are talking about, check out skulls at fabfour.co.jp

also, you might wanna try your hand at overdying raws on your own, give it a touch of DIY.