SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I need help finding the right cut for me.

My thighs are, probably due to bicycling, bigger than my calves, so if i wear a straight leg cut that fits tight on the thighs, they are too wide at the bottom.

I want a pair of raw denim selvedge jeans that are slimmer at the bottom but I don't know how this fit is called in english. Any help or recommendations?

I had to alter all my jeans until now...

How much will Samurai s0500's shrink in the isneam?

I'm gonna order some tomorrow and was wondering if I should have BiG hem them?

Around 2.5INCHES with a hot soak and 1.5 inches with a cold soak...

How do I size ALD belts?? i wear size 31-32 for jeans.... should i get a 80cm or 85cm???

thanks (will rep if you help me out)

Can anyone enlighten me on the significance or origin of the Levi's orange tab? tried searching but didn't find anything.

They were simply a budget range, introduced around 1969, which also offered more short-lived, trendy cuts.

Many of them used OE denim, as opposed to the ring-ring of the 501, and some aficionados like them for exactly that (supposeldy unfashionable) look.

I have a couple questions about the "Japan Denim Regular Fit Straight Jeans" here http://www.uniqlo.com/us/explorer.html#/code:060702-000-68/

Should I expect major inseam shrinkage? I normally wear a 32 length or so and they only come in 34 length. Should I presoak them?

Also, can I get a confirmation that they'll stretch a fair amount and to pick up a size smaller than my usual? I normally wear a 32-33, with an actual waist measurement of 34. In this case should I pick up a 32 or a 33?

Thanks again for any help you can provide!

I have a couple questions about the "Japan Denim Regular Fit Straight Jeans" here http://www.uniqlo.com/us/explorer.html#/code:060702-000-68/

Should I expect major inseam shrinkage? I normally wear a 32 length or so and they only come in 34 length. Should I presoak them?

Also, can I get a confirmation that they'll stretch a fair amount and to pick up a size smaller than my usual? I normally wear a 32-33, with an actual waist measurement of 34. In this case should I pick up a 32 or a 33?

Thanks again for any help you can provide!

Try on the Uniqlo thread for more info, but most Uniqlo if not all are made from Sanforized fabric and won't shrink significantly in th inseam.

Has anyone else from Oakland heard of Roy Slapper? I just saw a post about him on Cone MIlls' blog. http://conedenim.blogspot.com/2009/0...ets-world.html but it doesn't give a way to find him. I'd definitely want to get some stuff made for me from a local guy, does anyone know anything about him?

I have a pair of APC New Cure sized down 2 (32 to 30) that fit great. I want a pair of dark denim as well, and I was wondering what brand/model would give me a similar skinny fit? I was thinking maybe Dior....

I have a pair of APC New Cure sized down 2 (32 to 30) that fit great. I want a pair of dark denim as well, and I was wondering what brand/model would give me a similar skinny fit? I was thinking maybe Dior....

I am going to go with the Nudie Thin Finn. If I sized down 2 on new cures should I size down 2 on these as well?

thanks

I have a pair of awesome vintage 1930's-style lace-up/lace-back workwear jeans that look really good (similar to the Mister Freedom 301's) . Everything but the waist is perfect on me. I wear a size 30 waist, but these are about a 33 to 34 waist. Although I still wear them, I don't like the fact that they have a "paperbag" waist. Does anyone know if it's possible to alter jeans around the waist without comprimising the overall look?

If this is even possible, would they be taken in at the waist or the center back? Only problem with the center back is the lace-up section.

Thank you!

img55757558.jpg

I have a pair of awesome vintage 1930's-style lace-up/lace-back workwear jeans that look really good (similar to the Mister Freedom 301's) . Everything but the waist is perfect on me. I wear a size 30 waist, but these are about a 33 to 34 waist. Although I still wear them, I don't like the fact that they have a "paperbag" waist. Does anyone know if it's possible to alter jeans around the waist without comprimising the overall look?

If this is even possible, would they be taken in at the waist or the center back? Only problem with the center back is the lace-up section.

Thank you!

img55757558.jpg

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic