SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I guess the quality of IH, SC, SE, FH and therelike is better than that of DH and APC, right?

If so, what models of IH/FH have a similar fit to the DH 19/21 or APC NCs? I'm looking for raw selvage denim, preferably dark indigo or black. And the color should be preserved when being washed so that I won't end up with a light blue color after 2 years, I hate that color for jeans.

posted in the denim jackets thread...

anyone know where i can find some vintage denim jackets in toronto? (ie. thrift shops in particular?)

thanks.

Hopefully a resident will chip in, but I remember a lot of good stores just beyond the University, and around Kensington Market; it's a few years ago now but I found an early 70s kids's 101J for about $15 canadian. There's a well-established area of record and vintage stores - you could always get there and ask a student.

edit : I just google'd vintage clothing Kensington Toronto and found this:

http://www.blogto.com/toronto/the_best_vintage_clothing_stores_in_toronto/

Which denim fades the fastest (beside Levis Imprint).. it will be helpful to include the model number as well....

Flathead is the fastest from what I've read

I don't know anything about Flathead model numbers, I've never really been interested in flathead.

Samurai is pretty fast - from what I've read and what I've experienced

S0500xx s710xx s0510 and S5000vx are all popular models made by samurai.

If you're looking for fast fades stay away from -

Sugar Cane

Levi's Vintage Clothing

Studio D'artisan

notorious slow faders - and also my favorites.

My girlfriend just bought a pair of BDG Red Raw Cigarette Jeans from Urban Outfitters (http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban...SULTS&color=90) with high hopes of them being able to fade. Does anyone happen to know if they will fade? She is looking for a "gateway jean" to figure out whether she likes dry/raw denim. I'm not sure how to tell if they'll fade by the fabric themselves. I can post pics of the jeans if it would help.

i'm starting to get a rip in my crotch. how should i fix this and prevent it from getting bigger? i don't want to bring it to the tailor.

there is a whole thread dedicated to this subject here

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=40527

check it out. my suggestion is to patch it and sew it by hand...cause that's what I do.

Anyone know a good place in the states to buy Japanese selvedge chinos or corduroy pants? I was going to get the sammy tan corduroys from BiG, but the only size they have is a 28.

Just setup a Paypal account and you can buy it directly from a Japanese shop. Check out "Options on Buying Japanese Jeans" thread for a list of shops that will ship international. www.Clever-ID.com might have what you are looking for also.

sup,

So just got some Ironheart 634s' and top block is great, legs are kinda baggy. Thinking about gettin em tapered.

Anyone have any experience with getting denim tapered in the knee/lower leg area?

Got any tips on anything I should ask for at the tailor or make sure they do?

thanx

CL Smooth -

Any good tailor can taper it for you. Just so you know in advance, the tailor will have to mess with your chainstitch and cut off some fabric. The selvedge edge will be gone towards the bottom. So if you're ok with that then go for it.

Lush -

Spin cycle may cause some unwanted creases.

th_SamuraiPants.jpg

I'm getting these samurai corduroy pants. I heard that BiG's sizing charts were kind of messed up. Should I size up? Down? TTS? I'm a size 30 and have an amazing fit in size 30 BSPs.

Just setup a Paypal account and you can buy it directly from a Japanese shop. Check out "Options on Buying Japanese Jeans" thread for a list of shops that will ship international. www.Clever-ID.com might have what you are looking for also.

I contacted BiG and they said that for no extra cost they could special order another shipment of them from Samurai. I just have to make a commitment to buy, which works out better for me.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic