SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

i am going to sell my pbj xx-007 so i need a new pair of raw denimz. the only pair in my current rotation is the skull 5010xx 6x6.

i love my skulls, but sometimes i want to wear a pair which is a bit wider... not loose, but straight slim instead of skinny. really want a pair of wh660, but there are so many other good pairs. recommendations?

i am going to sell my pbj xx-007 so i need a new pair of raw denimz. the only pair in my current rotation is the skull 5010xx 6x6.

i love my skulls, but sometimes i want to wear a pair which is a bit wider... not loose, but straight slim instead of skinny. really want a pair of wh660, but there are so many other good pairs. recommendations?

fullcount 1101 or denime 66xx (cop xx denim before it's gone)

Both can be considered slim straight

Ok i just got some levi 501 shrink to fits

Waist sized true and inseam 36

After a hot soak they still fit way too baggy even tho im sure i sized right

so i hot soaked again and this time i used a dried machine instead of hang dry

They shrunk a bit more but not enuf and also they softened up

any other methods for a bit more shrinkage?

Hey I was wondering about washing/soaking..

I know that when washing hot, the jeans shrink more, and you lose more indigo relative to washing cold..

But what about soaking versus washing?

I assume you can have more control in how its cleaned, but whats the effect on the whole fading process? Less loss of indigo (and less contrast) than washing?

Thanks!

Hey I was wondering about washing/soaking..

I know that when washing hot, the jeans shrink more, and you lose more indigo relative to washing cold..

But what about soaking versus washing?

I assume you can have more control in how its cleaned, but whats the effect on the whole fading process? Less loss of indigo (and less contrast) than washing?

Thanks!

it's what you'd think it is, and is not worth worrying about.

It's a progression: from short cold soak, long cold soak, hot soak, long hot soak, cold wash, to a 40 or 60 degree wash. One extreme gets rid of all the starch, and via more agitation gets let's say 90% the shrinking out of the way, and also incurs more indigo loss (which is hardly noticeable). THe other gets maybe 70% of the shrinkage out of the way, and leaves some starch in the jeans, which makes them feel crisper.

Ok i just got some levi 501 shrink to fits

Waist sized true and inseam 36

After a hot soak they still fit way too baggy even tho im sure i sized right

so i hot soaked again and this time i used a dried machine instead of hang dry

They shrunk a bit more but not enuf and also they softened up

any other methods for a bit more shrinkage?

No. You bought jeans that are too big.

im super pissed because my lvc, after 11 months of no wash (2 soaks), shrunk when i washed them, what jeans should i get now that wont be too fucking small?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic