SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

So my friends and I were going to have a raw denim contest amongst us with Uniqlo raw denim but we called them today to order. They happened to be out of all of their raw denim. So I was wondering if we could find a pair around the same price. All 8 of us want to spend around 100 dollars..Anyone know of a good alternative?

^^ LOL, some of my friends wanted to do that too, but Uniqlo was sold out in the USA.. anyways, you could try the brand Cheap Monday or Unbranded. They're both about $75..

Wondering if anyone knew:

Historically speaking, how much did a pair of jeans cost back in the 1940's/50's/60's? Gauging from inflation, maybe the ~$200 price tag on some jeans isn't so bad?

Around 1939 or 1940, a pair was around $1.90.

Rule of thumb for inflation is to double every decade, hence we get $240. Almost exactly the price of LVC.

Apply the same formula to old Fenders and you get around $2000 too, so again they aren't bad value in comparison. We're just more used to stuff being cheap.

So i'm looking for a new pair of raw denim - My first was levi 501 stfs and i now have apc new standards. I'm getting bored of the skinny fit and want something that's gonna last me longer!

my APC fit -

sufu0002.jpg

sufu0003.jpg

I find from the side they just look way to skinny for my liking and I would like a fit something along the lines of this (these are just cheap from topman)

sufu0006.jpg

sufu0007.jpg

Any recommendations on a pair of jeans that will last longer than my apcs, but will still fade fell and fit similar (maybe even slightly baggier) to the above? I was considering levi 501 1947s?

Thanks sufu :)

So I've got some unwanted vertical creases beside the inseam from folding my jeans. Lately I've been avoiding folding, and I was hoping it'd go away on its own from just that (and wear), but they're being quite stubborn.

Should I keep ignoring it and hopefully the crease will diminish, or maybe I could iron along the crease?

My only worry, if ironing is suitable, is what to do about the crease near (and on/around) the honeycombs.. I don't want to iron those out.

So I've got some unwanted vertical creases beside the inseam from folding my jeans. Lately I've been avoiding folding, and I was hoping it'd go away on its own from just that (and wear), but they're being quite stubborn.

Should I keep ignoring it and hopefully the crease will diminish, or maybe I could iron along the crease?

My only worry, if ironing is suitable, is what to do about the crease near (and on/around) the honeycombs.. I don't want to iron those out.

just ignore it

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic