SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

S5000VX Sz. 29 RAW - Lot 10,

How much shrinkage should I expect? Waist measures 15.5 at the moment. With a hot soak, i'm looking at _____ ?

Thanks

If they measure 15.5 and have never been washed, soaked, they'll shrink down to around 14.5, but then stretch back to 15.5. I have the same pair, and after several wash & dries, they're about a 30-31.

I had a sarcastic remark to that inquiry but i'm going to change it to this :

you shouldn't worry about that, its normal, and I think you need to take a step back and think about your concern over the shape of your knee wrinkles.

I've heard heavyweight denim stretches more than lightweight denim, is this true? I happened upon a pair of esef skys for free, they're 21oz and they're pretty tight for my liking, I've been wearing them around the house to loosen them up but I'm hoping they stretch quite a bit. They're not like denim tights or anything, but should these have alot of stretch in them?

the shape of my knee wrinkles?

yeah, honeycombs, knee wrinkles, same deal. dont worry about them. maybe they'll go away maybe they wont. regardless they dont look weird with the "pinch looking stuff" just wear them and forget about it.

I've heard heavyweight denim stretches more than lightweight denim, is this true? I happened upon a pair of esef skys for free, they're 21oz and they're pretty tight for my liking, I've been wearing them around the house to loosen them up but I'm hoping they stretch quite a bit. They're not like denim tights or anything, but should these have alot of stretch in them?

depends on the denim, not so much the weight. keep wearing them and they'll probably stretch out.

cross post from sammies

I need help guys. Ive been wearing my 1 week old sammies while working on my project and I happened to smear some liquid nails on my jeans around my knee area. it is really difficult to take it off since I was in a knee position smearing on the floor since I didn't see it and it really rubbed it into my jeans. I look on the site and this how to take it off

n general, Liquid Nails adhesives & caulks can be scraped off when they are softened either by:

1. Heating above 140°F with an electric heat gun or blow dryer.

2. Coating the adhesive with petroleum jelly or mineral spirits for several hours to several days. (Note that mineral spirits are not recommended for tub surrounds, vinyl, plastic, painted or varnished.)

I havent tried it yet since it is in a tub of water soaking hoping it will come off.

Will petroleum jelly damage the jeans? of any other methods?

cross post from sammies

I need help guys. Ive been wearing my 1 week old sammies while working on my project and I happened to smear some liquid nails on my jeans around my knee area. it is really difficult to take it off since I was in a knee position smearing on the floor since I didn't see it and it really rubbed it into my jeans. I look on the site and this how to take it off

n general, Liquid Nails adhesives & caulks can be scraped off when they are softened either by:

1. Heating above 140°F with an electric heat gun or blow dryer.

2. Coating the adhesive with petroleum jelly or mineral spirits for several hours to several days. (Note that mineral spirits are not recommended for tub surrounds, vinyl, plastic, painted or varnished.)

I havent tried it yet since it is in a tub of water soaking hoping it will come off.

Will petroleum jelly damage the jeans? of any other methods?

I would definitley try the blow dryer before the vaseline...vaseline can be a bitch to get out too.

i don't think sleeping in them hurts. Any friction will help fade the indigo come out, but i wouldn't think sleeping in them helps define whiskers or combs that much, unless you sleep in a ball.

then again i don't sleep in mine as i wear them for 16 hours every day anyway and they need time to air out a little.

has anyone found a good way to speed up the stretching of the lower leg? i am breaking in some APC petite standards and the lower leg could do with a 1/4 inch or so more of wiggle room.

Guest mikey8811

Up For Help Urgently Please

Help With Denim Sizing For Number (N)ine and Raf By Raf Simons

Hi

I am getting a friend to purchase some jeans by Number (N)ine and Raf By Raf Simons and am confused as to the sizing.

I am a 29 in some brands like Dior, Earnest Sewn, Habitual and old Helmut Lang but a 28 in washed Nudie and APC. I am currently breaking in a 27 in dry APC's.

How do Number (N)ine and Raf By Raf Simons jeans fit?

Should I go for a Size 28 or 29 in Raf By Raf Simons?

Should I go for a Size 2 or 3 in Number (N)ine?

Thanks

Mikey

so i machine washed my SCxSE's and the shrinking was great, but now there's a vertical crease on both legs, it's towards the seam on the right leg so that's fine, but on the left leg it's a little closer to the center. is this going to turn into a fade? will washing them again have a chance of removing it?

so i machine washed my SCxSE's and the shrinking was great, but now there's a vertical crease on both legs, it's towards the seam on the right leg so that's fine, but on the left leg it's a little closer to the center. is this going to turn into a fade? will washing them again have a chance of removing it?

it can turn into a fade. i usually try and iron out those kind of creases.

are the fade properties the exact same for the flat head f310 and the 3001?

i know theyre the same cut and the only difference is the cotton/poly mix

i believe they are subtlely different, but not much. i have f 380's and they fade very similar ( but not exactly like the other ones) that cotton/poly mix is mostly for durability .

yes they are teh same.

It is the exact same denim.

Same cut as well.

Different thread (for durability over the 100% cotton)

Different back pocket shape

I believe Flathead only really makes 4 denims for jeans.

1XXX, very similar to 3XXX, but heavier

3XXX

4XXX, black (indigo&sulfur, then sulfur topped post-weaving)

5XXX, indigo again. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's a little grayer, more vintage.

when ordering from yoox, 90% of the time, why are the shoe boxes always fucked up?? i realize that shit comes from italian distro, to nj than to the consumer, but i haven't encountered this as much with other online stores or reg boutiques.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic