SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Guest DCDenim

what is the difference in selvage line colors? I know it's supposed to indicate some sort of specific type of denim but does it really mean anything?

ie. blue line, red line, etc?

Thanks.

what is the difference in selvage line colors? I know it's supposed to indicate some sort of specific type of denim but does it really mean anything?

ie. blue line, red line, etc?

Thanks.

Originally used by Cone Mills to differentiate the denim they made for different companies (Levi's = red, Lee = green or blue, Wrangler = yellow), but is purely decorative today.

Guest mikey8811

Help With Denim Sizing For Number (N)ine and Raf By Raf Simons

Hi

I am getting a friend to purchase some jeans by Number (N)ine and Raf By Raf Simons and am confused as to the sizing.

I am a 29 in some brands like Dior, Earnest Sewn, Habitual and old Helmut Lang but a 28 in washed Nudie and APC. I am currently breaking in a 27 in dry APC's.

How do Number (N)ine and Raf By Raf Simons jeans fit?

Should I go for a Size 28 or 29 in Raf By Raf Simons?

Should I go for a Size 2 or 3 in Number (N)ine?

Thanks

Mikey

That is the selvage left from a projectile loom.

Not really 'true' selvage

This is the true, vintage-style selvage that we're all orgasming about. Note how the horizontal threads are woven back in, rather than cut off.

800px-Selvagedenim.jpg

can someone recommend me a jean that has the same cut as the new standard? 55 lvcs? something i can sag that won't hipflare the shit out of me.

Can't really answer your question, but I don't think any LVCs are cut as slim as NS with the exception of the 606, which is a skinny/tapered jean. The slimmest straight leg LVCs are '47 501 and '67 505, for what it's worth.

Can't really answer your question, but I don't think any LVCs are cut as slim as NS with the exception of the 606, which is a skinny/tapered jean. The slimmest straight leg LVCs are '47 501 and '67 505, for what it's worth.

3220540569_d844735fdb_o.jpg

3221389624_4ea53f4440_o.jpg

Yep these are my 606s and if you sag these, you won't get much hip flare at all, the top block on these are pretty straight up and down.

well ive had my jeans for not even a month yet and i dont really sag.

i know that causes stress. but ive been checking the crotch area and theres signs of fading like whiskers do. i know its from walking, but does that mean theyre prone to rip ?

right, the fading means that there is more friction in that area. it doesnt necessarily mean they are GOING to rip but if you start noticing the threads themselves getting worn down then i would say yes. just keep an eye on it.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic