SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Hello!

I bought a pair of nudies dry stretch thin finns recently. However, the dye doesn't seem to be there. Like when i rub my hands on the jeans, it doesnt seem to have any fading.

Does this mean the dye on my jeans is already gone? So i can make those awesome fades anymore?!

Anyone can help me?!

youre nudies are raw , correct?? if they are raw, when you rub your hand for a while, you mite get some indigo on your hand, but not fading from your jeans.. if they are raw, then of course they will fade, in a matter of time

hope this helps :)

What is the effect of bicycle lubes (some sort of oil) on my jeans?

My jeans often rub against the chainrings and now at the knee area, it have accumulated alot of chain lube , totally black around that area.

So... wondering, what effect does it have on denims?

it's probably just going to collect dirt where the oil is

Actually there's a lot of phone cases that can be used for attaching to your belt. I use a medicine bag or hip bag that I throw all my shit in. Or you can be more discreet and use a small phone case. Think of it as a denim otaku accessory.

cool idea, thanks.

edit: I don't know where to begin finding a nice hip/medicine bag. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

The only place I am going for a small phone case is Crumpler..

so im currently wearing some raw indigo new cures in a size 32 (normally 34) and they fit perfectly.. what im looking for now is a pair of light grey jeans that fit similarily to the nc cut sized down two or exactly the same. also they can't have any stretch material in them like lycra or elastane and id like to stay around 100-150 dollars or less.. help?

I'm looking for my first pair of skinny (tapered) salvage denim.

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=262

When I found these I REALLLLLY wanted them but apparently only 100 were made in indigo, meaning I'll never get them. + I'd need a size 27.

Are there any jeans similar to this? In cut, style? When will Imperial come out with more jeans like this?

Apologies for my ignorance in advance.

For your first pair, I'd recommend APC new cures. Similar cut, but since you're willing to shell out that much money, look into Dior MIJ 19cm.

I'm pretty sure that Imperial cut was based on the Dior cut anyway.

Would you consider the Dior's my best option if I want that cut, and some sort of style. The APC's look like my best starter option, but a bit plain. Maybe it's just because their are no fitted photos.

edit: Just remembered, it's not about how they look, it's about how you live in them. The APC's seem like a good price, for my first "canvas" heh. When I know more about jeans I can move up onto other things. Sad that the imperial jeans are unavailable though.

double edit:

What does sufu think of http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=329

? for a starter pair. I'm assuming dry is the same as raw. Looks like a nice fit for me.

Would you consider the Dior's my best option if I want that cut, and some sort of style. The APC's look like my best starter option, but a bit plain. Maybe it's just because their are no fitted photos.

edit: Just remembered, it's not about how they look, it's about how you live in them. The APC's seem like a good price, for my first "canvas" heh. When I know more about jeans I can move up onto other things. Sad that the imperial jeans are unavailable though.

double edit:

What does sufu think of http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=329

? for a starter pair. I'm assuming dry is the same as raw. Looks like a nice fit for me.

Nudies are generally not sufu-approved, but that doesn't matter. Most people flock to nudies because of the fit. If you enjoy the fit, then go for it.

You can't find any fit pics of the APCs? There's like a gigantic thread dedicated to them...

Nudies are generally not sufu-approved, but that doesn't matter. Most people flock to nudies because of the fit. If you enjoy the fit, then go for it.

You can't find any fit pics of the APCs? There's like a gigantic thread dedicated to them...

Apologies, just doing simple google searches.

Why are nudies not approved?

there is cum dried into my samuraiiiiz how i get out

soak that area with cum with warm water for like a minute and use a towel to blot it off. maybe using a little non-abrasive soap mite help too

hope this helps

I read a while back, I think in this topic, about adding salt when washing. But I can't seem to find it. It's about time my skulls get their 2nd wash and I would like to do this. But how does it work? Just buy a pack of salt and empty that in the washing machine, add detergent and turn it on? And how much salt should I use?

so ive been wearing some PBJ 005s since may. after the first wash, about 4 months in, i noticed some cracking on the back of the knee where the combs are. certainly something ive seen on SUFU, but not experienced myself.

after the 2nd wash at around 6-7 months, there was excessive cracking. it almost looks like the denim was shredded along some of the honey combs lines.

what is the reason for this? it makes the jeans look like shit.

okay, so these are my 710s. they're huge right now (34 waist, 38 leg; i wear a 32.5/33 in the waist and a 32 in the leg so i can roll them) since they're shrink-to-fit and i haven't soaked; and they are going to be hemmed 4 inches (so they'll be a 34, and then a 32 post-wash)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1033/3171453756_becb450fa4.jpg?v=0

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1222/3170622649_5e662d2dfb.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3083/3171455884_ffb98d8571.jpg?v=0

and i want them to fit like this

3171456724_ca14f884aa.jpg

3171457614_c412bb9c57.jpg

through the leg.

basically i'm wondering if it'll come close to this post-soak+hemming?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic