SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Has anybody tried re-dyeing their jeans? I have a pair of Flatheads with a couple spots where I fell and the color is almost all gone. Looking to use RIT dye and just hoping to redye the entire jeans

Redying would not really work. You would wind up colouring the weft thread (which is normally white).

Just keep the wear marks. It's part of the jeans life.

ive seen this word alot. what does "slubby" mean?

thanks!

Slubs are variations in the thickness of the yarns used to make the fabric.

Any chance of fading some SD-103xx's?

I'm cool wearing em' every day for some years, but i'd like to know before i start wearing the same pair of pants all the time and find out it's for no reason.

slubby means hairy denim, the opposite of smooth and slick.

My petit standards inseam sort of twists a bit and it makes it so that my jeans are twisted sideways at the bottom of my left leg.I have seen it on other pairs of worn in raw denim. why is that?

per the evisu denim glossary:

Leg Twist

Many vintage jeans are prone to leg twist. This is simply a natural adjustment of the fabric which tends to follow the direction of the weave. Leg twist was eliminated in the 1970s by skewing (contorting the denim to its after-shape) and later revived with Levi’s Red and Engineered twisted-seam jeans.

Leg Twist

Many vintage jeans are prone to leg twist. This is simply a natural adjustment of the fabric which tends to follow the direction of the weave. Leg twist was eliminated in the 1970s by skewing (contorting the denim to its after-shape) and later revived with Levi’s Red and Engineered twisted-seam jeans.

Thanks for the response but I'm not sure if thats the reason because my apc's aren't vintage. Am I missing something?

you should have soaked your jeans before you wore them. If you already did that and are referring to a 2nd soak or wash, i'd say do it when you feel like it. Some suggest washing after the first 6months, but I usually end up doing a hand wash a little earlier. If your jeans are unsanforized your wear/fades will be in funny places if you have not already soaked them.

my indigo 19cms have two tiny holes in the crotch, i think it's only time before they rip. should i patch them now or after the fact? what's the best way to go about doing this?

Patch now. You can used extra denim from other jeans but any decently thick fabric will do. Just sew the extra fabric to the inside of the jean all around the area that's gonna rip. It's pretty easy.

can anyone fill me in on the studio d'artisan SD-103 model?

do they fit and fade well? anything you could tell me about them would be appreciated.

a picture says moer than a thousand words...

Studio d'Artisan 103 at 5 months (courtesy of hjj)

front.jpg

back.jpg

Leg Twist

WHere is this glossary from?

It sounds familiar, like it's been ripped off in its entirety from a book i know...

i thought broken-twill was invented to deal with leg-twist? anyway i just copped&read paul T's 'denim' book....excellent. if you havent read the book you dont know as much as you think you do, even if you surf sufu all day.

paul, please do a book on japanese denim!

Can anyone advise me on the nom de guerre Classic Fit Black jeans? I am a 32 waist. They only seem to size in even numbers. Should I size down to the 30s and go for the 32s?

Cheers.

Happy New Year!

I've got a pair of nom de guerre classic fit dark greys in 32. Not sure if measurements are exactly the same, but they should be similar enough. My true waist is around 29/30" but I like to sag a little, going up to 31/32". Even sagging, they're a little big. If you want a slightly regular fit, I would go for the 32s, but if you want a slim fit, I would go for the 30s. I think the denim is known for stretching quite a bit as well. I'm assuming you don't have extremely thin or fat legs. Hope this helps!

Not sure where else to post this general PRPS question so I'm going start here. Does anyone know if PRPS makes clothing in countries other than Japan? I see a lot of shirts/sweaters/etc. with 'Made in China' or 'Made in Portugal' tags. Here and here are a couple examples from eBay. I've always assumed anything that didn't have a 'Made in Japan' tag was a fake. . .

Any exceptional tailoring places in the San Gabriel Valley (will travel as far as Los Angeles) to taper jeans? I'm about to buy a pair and I want them to taper them quite a bit and I want it done right. Any advice is welcomed.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

+rep for anyone that can answer.

guys,

I'm planning to get a new phone (read: Blackberry Bold 9000) but keeping it in the jeans backpocket would mean having the risk of it being pick-pocketted out of me.

Isn't it kinda weird to wear a belt pouch for the mobile? How do you guys deal with Apple iPhones (being about the same size)?

Thanks.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GENUINE-BlackBerry-Pouch-Proximity-Sensor/dp/B001EVU07C

Hello!

I bought a pair of nudies dry stretch thin finns recently. However, the dye doesn't seem to be there. Like when i rub my hands on the jeans, it doesnt seem to have any fading.

Does this mean the dye on my jeans is already gone? So i can make those awesome fades anymore?!

Anyone can help me?!

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic