SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

since theres beena lot of talk about it why dont you read the posts that are already discussing it instead of posting basically the same question in every denim thread?

turn inside out

hot water wash

take out before spin cycle

dry

wear wear wear

Do these look too short. I know technically they are, but I think they still work.

I've never had a problem with wearing white jeans... apart from the fact that they get dirty and are see-through. However, these feel pretty heavy weight. and I don't care that they'll get dirty. I think I might even make them my work/paint jeans.

Levis 550

waist 33

inseam 32

WhiteLevis2.jpg

just wear high top shoes and they should be fine :)

Does cuffing prevent roping /hem wear? thinking about a small cuff on my Onis. Poopslush's are cuffed and are real worn on the hem, but logically I'd think that you'd be missing out on hem-shoe abrasion.

nope they still fade.. probably not as extreme as directly stepping on it all the time but my s&s are cuffed about half an inch and they still fade like normal

does anyone know a good place for crotch repair in san francisco? where the repair barely looks noticeable on the outside???

I have a pair of jeans that I want to get tapered. They fit great in the waist, upper thigh, but then are a little roomy from about the knee area down. I measure the thigh at 12.75, knee at 9.25 and hem at 8.75. Would it be possible to leave the thigh the same and take them in at the knee to about 9 then taper to 8.5 at the leg opening?

im 5'3 and i weigh approx 115

im thinking of buying a pair of pbj's

but im not sure which model would fit me the best after a pre soak before wearing. the 005's or the 008's

i where 28x30 for 510 levi super skinny's and they fit perfect

which model will get me the closest fit to the or the tightest?

i am ready to pull the trigger on a pair of Sorahiko 08 O/W, especially given that they offer a really good return policy if it doesn't fit just right. originally i thought about getting the contest Fullcount 1105 or even the SDA SD-103, but for whatever reason I am leaning towards the 45rpm denim. this will be my first pair of japanese denim and if anyone has any input or suggestions that would be greatly appreciated.

only get the 45 rpms if you have the patience. great jeans, and they fade much slower than most. dont expect to be posting in the evo thread by the summer...but once faded they are outstanding!

i'm considering a pair of nudie tight long johns. i tried on a pair of 28s amd they fit perfectly. too perfect! should i size down to account for stretching since i won't be washing these for a long time or should i get the 28s and do a warm soak to make them tighter?

im 5'3 and i weigh approx 115

im thinking of buying a pair of pbj's

but im not sure which model would fit me the best after a pre soak before wearing. the 005's or the 008's

i where 28x30 for 510 levi super skinny's and they fit perfect

which model will get me the closest fit to the or the tightest?

008s run smaller, and thus, i suppose tighter. But they aren't slubby like the 005, and in my opinion, the color is not as nice. It's your call. If you're looking for a 510 fit, you're gonna be going to the tailor to get them tapered anyway, so I'd go with the ones you think look better.

i got some mud on my jeans and was wondering how to remove it. i got most of it off with just water and rag, but some spots remain. what kind of soap do i use? its not severe enough to warrant a wash...

also, i rubbed the muddy area a lot in the last few days. i saw some indigo come off on the rag (made it a little bit blue...not a terribly large amount). when i finally decide to wash em, will that area turn out a lot lighter? cuz that would look funky...

I'm on a never ending quest to find jeans that fit. I don't want a skinny tight fit, nor do I want anything to loose. I'm 165 pounds, 5'9" 34.5" waist. I'd like to stay under $100. So far I've tried Levis 514fit was ok but crotch to tight, Lucky jeans boot leg (way to baggy in thigh) , JCrew Bootleg, fit great everywhere but again the crotch area felt to tight. Tried several relaxed fit but the thigh area was just to baggy.

i got some mud on my jeans and was wondering how to remove it. i got most of it off with just water and rag, but some spots remain. what kind of soap do i use? its not severe enough to warrant a wash...

also, i rubbed the muddy area a lot in the last few days. i saw some indigo come off on the rag (made it a little bit blue...not a terribly large amount). when i finally decide to wash em, will that area turn out a lot lighter? cuz that would look funky...

if you rubbed the muddy spot a lot, then yes, if not, no. from the beginning if you'd let the mud completely dry, then shrug the denim back and forth to get the majority of the mud out of the fibers, a little spot soak would've done the trick. but soap to remove mud? mud=dirt+water, so water alone is sufficient to remove it. indigo is not water soluble. dirt goes, indigo stays.

I have a pair of jeans that I want to get tapered. They fit great in the waist, upper thigh, but then are a little roomy from about the knee area down. I measure the thigh at 12.75, knee at 9.25 and hem at 8.75. Would it be possible to leave the thigh the same and take them in at the knee to about 9 then taper to 8.5 at the leg opening?

Anybody do this?

nvm i think ive made up my mind

im goign for the xx005's w/ a long hot soak

now i just wanna know if the indigo will fxck up my tub

I never ever had any problems with indigoloss in my tub/bowl/sink whatever,

and I soaked and handwashed a good amount.If you soak a decent pair you will mostly lose the starch and minimal indigo,if any.

I never ever had any problems with indigoloss in my tub/bowl/sink whatever,

and I soaked and handwashed a good amount.If you soak a decent pair you will mostly lose the starch and minimal indigo,if any.

alright, but ive been reading and people say an initial can help get better creases for your physique and it still remains hard after it dries. cause im planning on wearing them while i soak em

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic