SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

That's not really the case with these two. The top one (SC 1947) is finished with a pink thread - that I get. But the other (W+H) isn't finished in the same way. There is no finishing thread per se and the twill changes direction through the white and black stripe.

oh i see what you mean, the wale reverses after the indigo warp stops. from what i can gather about weaving on wikipedia, it seems that on the SC 1947's, once the indigo warp ends into the white warp the weft continues to be added in the same direction as it was previously going (say, left to right, finishing the indigo warp, then back from right to left starting on the first white thread). on the W+H it seems that the indigo warp is finished in the left to right direction, then the loom is reset back to the left before beginning on the white thread.

I want to get my 21cms hemmed and have two questions.

I am 6 feet tall, usually like my inseam about 33.5-34 with normal jeans. I dont want to lose the stacked look (just want to lose the overstacked look), is 35.5 a good length, or should I do a bit longer/shorter?

Also, with raws is it important to get them hemmed at a place like BiG or SE that definitely knows what they are doing/chain-stitches? With non-raws I'm usually really careful about where I go cause a bad hem can really make a washed pair of jeans look terrible, but with raws it seems like it doesnt matter as much for looks since all of the denim is the same. Do I need to worry about the stitching falling apart or something if I just take them to normal tailor?

You're right, and to add to that, infrequent washing of the denim also makes crotch blow-outs more likely due to dirt build-up which breaks down the cotton fibers and also washing makes the denim softer and less abrasive against itself.
im going to guess its caused by the thighs rubbing together and against the crotch area. my thighs dont touch when walking/longboarding and ive never had a problem with crotch blowouts

cool, thanks guys, now i just gotta find the right pair of pants for riding... and then try to prevent crotch blowout...

hmm

what do yall all think of imperials or more specifically the back stitching on them? I want a pair of these in the future

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=184

I get why people wouldn't like the backstitching but I like them and think it looks good especially with a lot of wear

Maybe you should get them then....

Guest LoLzTrunkz

How much will a size 32 S5000VX shrink on the first hotwash? The BiG website has these at a 34 inch waist. Is it going to shrink down all the way to 32 inches. I'm looking for a regular fit on these.

so i was planning my next buy and ran into a little dilemma

stuck between the SEXI04BK and Dior 19c MIJ

was planning on getting a black pair either way

but everyones input would be a huge help

are you getting the sexi04 from self edge? they only have one pair left on the website and its a size 34

I'm planning to wash my SExSC02 soon, but first, I want to buy some Dr. Bronner's castile soap.

On their online store, should I buy the liquid soap or Sal Suds? The descriptions for usages are too vague for me to make a proper decision. I'm pretty confused. :D

-JF

Q: How big can the thigh on a size 30 Dior MIJ 19cm stretch to?

I don't know exactly but it will definitely depend on how much you are stretching it. They should be super tight when you first buy them like paper thin in the thigh so long as the box up top fits well because they will stretch.

My question:

Any suggestions for first water contact with 6mos MIJ 19cm? I'm thinking ocean dip and wear dry but what do you guys think? Should I avoid sand or use it to an advantage or just fuck it and trash them?

I'm worried about not babying them because I'm afraid the denim isn't as strong as say some Samurai's or even APC's. I don't want to lose the gorgeous color of this dark dye too much either.

if ur gonna ocean wash then the dark blue will turn like green cast. kinda. most people use sand to get more fading i think? but i guess you dont have to. you'll have to go in for multiple dips i think for the ocean wash effects to stay. dont forget to rinse off the jeans because if you don't, when they try, they'll smell worse than you can imagine.

I was looking to getting a pair of edwin jeans 506 slim fit 100/136 and i was wondering what is the difference between the 506 slim fit, 502 slim straight and the 503zz tight?

Also what do you do about the smell of your jeans when you wearing it 6 months+ without a single wash?

and also wondering if the 506 slim fit 100 is raw or not.

I'm planning to wash my SExSC02 soon, but first, I want to buy some Dr. Bronner's castile soap.

On their online store, should I buy the liquid soap or Sal Suds? The descriptions for usages are too vague for me to make a proper decision. I'm pretty confused. :D

-JF

Sal Suds is an all purpose cleaner. You DON'T want to use it on your clothes.

Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap works very well for washing garments and your body. You can get the Castile Soap in a variety of scents or unscented.

I HIGHLY recommend it if you can find a supplier in your area.

what do people mean by wearing your jeans hard??? i wear my jeans 6-7 times a week for the whole day, but dont really do much in them except maybe bike once a week. is that considered wearing them hard??

thanks

I have heard that it is important in most cases to soak your denim before wearing. I am looking into the PBJ XX-05 and was thinking I wouldn't soak and just wear them unwashed because I don't want to sacrifice any of the indigo and starch. Plus I am not sure if they would look good after a soak considering there already kinda slubby. Is it a bad idea to not soak them? Would someone be so kind as to tell me why soaking these would be a good idea? any opinions helpful

thanks

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic