SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

p.s. i figure we should keep (as far as possible) the "search" comments to a minimum in here...otherwise that would defeat the purpose of a silly-questions-thread in the first place?

at the same time...please search. ;)

lol ok...but...the answers is already in THE SAME THREAD :D

we should definately make a tutorial on how to search:p

I'm kinda new to the denim world but I like my jeans very loose in the legs. Which models have the widest legs, especially from the knees down. I still like the waist and butt to be pretty tight. Is this even possible for straight cut. I think i read somewhere that selvage doesn't come in boot cut.

No, there is selvedge bootcut and just think about it for a bit, how is it possible to have a straight leg cut but also be a bootleg cut? But as for recommendations, theres alot of bootcut selvedge but if I had to get one, then Samurai S512XX BC.

But for cheaper, try the Nudie Ola Dry

many japanese makers make a bootcut, and Nudie has the Regular Ralf that comes in an exorbitantly overpriced selvage model. Bootcut sounds like what you're looking for for now from the fit description, but you will soon find that bootcut isn't well thought of on this forum.

No, there is selvedge bootcut and just think about it for a bit, how is it possible to have a straight leg cut but also be a bootleg cut? But as for recommendations, theres alot of bootcut selvedge but if I had to get one, then Samurai S512XX BC.

But for cheaper, try the Nudie Ola Dry

I didn't ask for straight leg AND boot cut. I asked for a wide straight leg only cuz i thought boot cut was unavailable. Sorri if that was unclear.

The samarai's seem way too flared out at the bottom when I looked at pictures on their website. Are they selvage?

Same for the nudies when i saw em on rakuten.

thnx, wacthman, I noticed most people here like the slimmer jeans and yea i noticed that bootcut isn't as popular. But I'm not really wearing these cuz i wanna please supertalker's. I wear bootcut cuz I like the cut. And personally, i'm really short and slim jeans just make me look smaller. lol

Any other recomendations for a heavy,raw or one wash japanese selvage demin thats boot cut or has a wide leg? I looking for only a very slight flare at the hem on boot cuts. No bell bottoms. lol also, slightly baggy ones are ok too. I like me jeans looser than most people on this forum

APC Rescues are a wide straight leg. Size down 1 to 2. It's still wide, don't worry.

Any other recomendations for a heavy,raw or one wash japanese selvage demin thats boot cut or has a wide leg? I looking for only a very slight flare at the hem on boot cuts. No bell bottoms. lol also, slightly baggy ones are ok too. I like me jeans looser than most people on this forum

you were correct earlier when you said many of the bootcuts don't come with selvages. but if you look around, many of the japanese manufacturers are making selvage bootcuts.

i think i have good recommendations for you. check out full count 1614 and studio d'artisan 1002. they're both more subtle bootcuts but are quality japanese selvage denim. i have a friend who doesn't like straight legs like you, and he totally digs his 1002s.

both full counts and d'artisans are available at BIG.

Looking for some more info on the stretching/sizing of Earnest Sewn Fulton Patriot #53. Chicken, you said that they didn't stretch much, but I've read other posters who say they do. I bought a 32 in my RRDS which are now really stretched out, partially because I'm losing some weight. But I've also read that the Fulton's fit really slim. Would I go 32 or 31 in the Fulton Patriot? Leaning toward the 32 since Chicken said they don't stretch much

from my experience, fultons didn't stretch at all. but at the same time, i have to admit i haven't put in a real heavy wear into them. usually, you can tell from the first ten wears if the denim is going to stretch or not, and mine didn't. from that, i say it's safer for you to go with a 32. but there might be people here with more es experience/knowledge.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic