SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Just wondering, i want to get some nudie straight svens dry selvedge and the store that has them by where i live only carries lengths in 36. getting them hemmed wont affect the look of the jean will it. stupid question but i had to ask. thanks

tailors can do it so you cant see difference.. and some can do it by themselves.. heres a self-worst case scenario:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=262964&postcount=878

So I found this board about a month ago and decided to pick up a pair of selvage before dropping a post. I hit up The Self Edge while Nudies were on sale, got a pair of the straight sven selvage and have been wearing them whenever I can since I got em. I looked around to see if this topic had been covered, but I couldn't really find anything so I'm just gonna ask. I plan on shrinking the jeans a bit when I soak them and am wondering if that will throw off the honeycombs I'm strating to get? They don't stink yet, so I don't need to wash them right away, just wanted to know if I should shrink em before I put on a lot of wear.

Oh and to whoever was working that day and told me to size down (sorry, don't remember your name), they fit perfect now with a little wear.

there was a thread some time ago where a guy was making his own jeans with cardboard template and stuff like that but i cant see to find that thread. could anyone be kind enough to link me to it? thanks.

that be Ande Whall you speaking of?

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=8159

that's his original thread. look for "ande whall" in the tag cloud and you'll find the new one with his working models.

Anybody have grn apple tree denim? I'm pretty sure its raw turkish denim.

I recently purchased their bald bull denim and I want to know how to take care of it correctly.

It says "hang to dry" but I'm lazy can I just put it into the dryer weekly?

Will it shrink? how much?

Do I have to soak it before wearing to stabilize it or whatever?

What's the best way to store jeans over a long period of time, say sixth months?

I have a pair of Natural Indigo SC Hawaiis that I don't plan on wearing for a long while. I have them folded in their bag, exactly the way they came from SC. I don't want them to get horizontal fades from where they were folded, though.

Would it be better to leave them the way they came from SC, or should I use clip hangers to hang them?

Thanks for any help, I read both the threads on storing denim in the FAQ.

^^Hang em up, chuck in a pile or just store them neatly on a shelf.

I rkn just chuck in a pile like you drop em when you stop wearing them and just leave it on a shelf. Just make sure when you store them you're not applying any excessive forces to promote stress in the denim.

Noob qeustion: What is anti-fit?

So I found this board about a month ago and decided to pick up a pair of selvage before dropping a post. I hit up The Self Edge while Nudies were on sale, got a pair of the straight sven selvage and have been wearing them whenever I can since I got em. I looked around to see if this topic had been covered, but I couldn't really find anything so I'm just gonna ask. I plan on shrinking the jeans a bit when I soak them and am wondering if that will throw off the honeycombs I'm strating to get? They don't stink yet, so I don't need to wash them right away, just wanted to know if I should shrink em before I put on a lot of wear.

Oh and to whoever was working that day and told me to size down (sorry, don't remember your name), they fit perfect now with a little wear.

The flame dry selvage straight svens are sanforized so the max they will shrink is like 3%, which obviously isn't enough to 'throw off the honeycombs.' Just wear em, no need to soak.

i wore my nudies RRDG (dry greycasts) for about 6 months, and post wash, there was a small hole that formed in the crotch.

is this something urgent that i need to get fixed / patched up ASAP? can any tailor take care of it, or should i just leave it..

im mainly worried about it ripping and causing a bigger problem

nudiecrotch.jpg

^^Hang em up, chuck in a pile or just store them neatly on a shelf.

I rkn just chuck in a pile like you drop em when you stop wearing them and just leave it on a shelf. Just make sure when you store them you're not applying any excessive forces to promote stress in the denim.

Noob qeustion: What is anti-fit?

when there's a high rise and it makes you look like you have no ass = anti-fit

fit = snugg ass where ppl can see the figure of your bum

Looks like a pretty big hole. Just throwing this out there, but I read either here on SF or on ISS once that a member had a hole is his Nudies, and contacted the company and they actually sent him denim to patch the hole, free of charge.

Dunno if that helps, just something you might want to look into if you want them patched.

i wore my nudies RRDG (dry greycasts) for about 6 months, and post wash, there was a small hole that formed in the crotch.

is this something urgent that i need to get fixed / patched up ASAP? can any tailor take care of it, or should i just leave it..

im mainly worried about it ripping and causing a bigger problem

nudiecrotch.jpg

don;t necessarily need to get nudie to send you denim, i think it's cooler if you get denim (or even flannel, like someone else mentioned) to patch it yourself. or the tailor to patch it for you. but you should get it fixed immediately...leaving holes on your jeans is always a bad idea.

All these jeans brands and model/numbering systems,

Im so confused.

Can we make a list of all the Japanese 501 1947 repros please.

Or can someone help me out and name a few of them pls.

Cheers

there's no point...

its like cars man...a list of all the models and engine name won't meen shit to you

you just learn with time:cool:

I've had APC Hipsters since August,. and I've drenched these motherfuckers with starch more than a few times. It's been at least a month since the last time though and they are nice and flexible, except the bottom of the left leg fell into some water, and now its STIFF as fuck.

how can i get the rest of the jeans that stiff without losing indigo?

I ordered a pair of Ande Whall's Cougars yesterday, so I should be seeing them this time next week. I know they are sanfornized and are cut true to size. Should I cold soak them anyhow? What is the advantage to soaking them opposed to just wearing them out of the box?

soaking will remove any excess starch and manufacturing impurities. it should shrink them just a bit more (jeans continue to shrink for several washes).

i find that even with sanforized and one wash jeans, an initial soak is great for getting out the creases from shipping. and if you put em on whilst damp, you will get a head start on crease formation.

guys quick question. im' in tokyo, and want to know where to find pure blue jeans. i looked all over Ueno and chekced americaya and hinoya. any more places to hunt?

Pure Blue store is somewhere in Harajuku, I don't think anyone has said where in detail. Sounds like people always have a hard time finding it though. Also, Bears should have them, not sure where Bears is located though.

Pure Blue store is somewhere in Harajuku, I don't think anyone has said where in detail. Sounds like people always have a hard time finding it though. Also, Bears should have them, not sure where Bears is located though.

bears' is located in shimokitazawa, in setagaya-ku. probably faster to go to the pure blue store in harajuku. pm me if you need specifics.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic