SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

i need help ordering from fab four. can anyone link to a walk-through like super-rag or am i supposed to order via email?

they have a special form specially for english-speaking countries worldwide, so you should email them or contact shinichi on the forum via pm or something. take note that they have a 3 day(?) holiday though.

Does anyone know how I can calculate customs fees? I am ordering about $900 from Japan to the US.
I dont know how to calculate them, but I do know it depends on a lot of things like where you got it, whats it made of, and the number of items I think.

Here are some measurements from BiG for the xx003: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=23&category_id=&manufacturer_id=9&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Keep in mind that these are pre-wash measurements. Bears on Rakuten might have measurements for the one-wash models but I didn't really check and I've read that their measurements for jeans are inaccurate sometimes. You might also want to email Gordon at BiG if you still have a lot of questions, he's very helpful with sizing.

was thinking about buying some pbj xx003, but am worried the rise wont be big enough. am currently wearing lvc47. can anybody comment on the difference? also are the known for being true to size?

thanks for any help

I ended up sizing 3 down to a 29. hard to button. one question, how much will the seat stretch? the ass is a little tight, so im hoping the seat/waist will stretch enough to wear them a bit lower.

the arse should stretch a bit too.

Im kinda confused about this. Do jeans only stretch when they're tight on you, or can they stretch if theyre a little loose?

depends how loose, but for example if you have a pair of jeans thats easy to button up after a wash, you might need a belt after a little wear. so they stretch even though they're not super tight.

My roomate bought a pair of April 77 raw denim (havnt seen them yet, don't know which model) and he said that they are a little big (maybe 1 size) on him. They have not been soaked, and only worn once. What would happen if he cold soaked them for a few hours? Would this shrink them appropriately? What else could he do?

Guest Berget__

Aprill 77 is most likely sanforized. This means they will only shrink about 3%. After the soak they will stretch right back to where they were in the first place. Either return them or have them tailored. Saoking them wont do much good.

is there any information anywhere -- anywhere at all -- about the PBJ xx-003

there are no pics anywhere (excluding rakuten)

what is the fit like? the rise? the leg opening?

and if i'm a 32 in RRDS, would i be a 33 in the PBJ's?

if you are a 32 in RRDS, i wouldn't size up by any means. rise is lower on 003's. but its comparable..

uuhgggghhh. ive been searching "xx-003" and the "-" has been fucking up the search. "xx003" worked. thanks chicken and poly. chicken esp. for helping out in pm's.

pictures anywhere of people wearing them? checked that rawselvedge site, but nothing there either. and which jean is it a repro of?

and is the pbj ai-001 the same fit as the 003? they look almost the same in the BiG photos

yeah, ai is the same cut as the xx003's. if you're considering the ai's, consider the oni natural/hand dyed as well..

not considering the AI's, because they're too expensive, and i'm not into the color, but i've found pictures of the ai003 fit which is what I'd want in a fit, thus, perhaps the 003's will be next.

yeah, ai is the same cut as the xx003's. if you're considering the ai's, consider the oni natural/hand dyed as well..

I'm not so sure how different the AI cut is from the xx003, but I know the rise is about one inch lower on the AI.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic