SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Hey,

I've lurked on supertalk for awhile now, but this is my first time posting.

I'm in the market for my first pair of raw denim, but I'm not sure what kind would be best for a "denim newbie" like me.

I've been thinking about APC Cures.

However, I've heard all kinds of sizing advice about buying APCs, "size down 1", "size down 2" and the like.

I measured the waist on a pair of Guess jeans that fit well without a belt, and they're exactly 30", so would I take a 28" pair of Cures?

Thanks

Hey,

I've lurked on supertalk for awhile now, but this is my first time posting.

I'm in the market for my first pair of raw denim, but I'm not sure what kind would be best for a "denim newbie" like me.

I've been thinking about APC Cures.

However, I've heard all kinds of sizing advice about buying APCs, "size down 1", "size down 2" and the like.

I measured the waist on a pair of Guess jeans that fit well without a belt, and they're exactly 30", so would I take a 28" pair of Cures?

Thanks

A pair of New Cures in 28 would give you a nice, slim fit.

...Looking at purchasing a couple of pairs of Japenese denim, I normally wear JR Cali's so would be looking for a fit/brand closest to this kinda fit, pref by Samurai, Skull or Flathead...I have a guy in japan who'll do the legwork so any suggestions greatly appreciated...Also anybody got any experience with Skull pub jacket, fit/quality/etc...

Going with skulls 5010xx 6x6 raw...look like the fit I'm after and getting that jacket!

hey,

we are a young dynamic denim-brand based in germany & italy.

hey,

we are a young dynamic denim-brand based in germany & italy.

MAY BE provides high-end quality & clean design to affordable prizes, challenging all the big players in their attitute towards service, production and buying policies.

Therefore, we are looking for an experienced KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER for Germany, Switzerland & Austria as well as others countries wolrdwide and within the EU.

check: www.myspace.com/maybejeans and/or www.iqons.com/maybe+jeans

if you are interested or got friends, partners... who might be, please feel free to contact us by [email protected]

your help is highly appreciated.

Don't say no, say may be! MAY BE JEANS forever!

xxx

Just curious to get high contrast jeans does it depend on not washing it, or the type/brand of jean itself? And if it is the brand, what are some recommendations? Thanks

Just curious to get high contrast jeans does it depend on not washing it, or the type/brand of jean itself? And if it is the brand, what are some recommendations? Thanks

it more depends on how they fit on you, how hard you wear them in, how long you wear them for. take a look around sufu and see which brand attract you most. they're all capable of good fading, but in my opinion its more important to get the cut/fit you're looking for. most of the jeans brands talked about here put their denim through a good dye process, so even jeans that are washed regularly will produce nice fades. dont worry about "not washing it", you definately should wash them if theyre getting too dirty to be worn. Good luck to your wallet.

Have some APC new standards and love the fit. Can someone recommend another brand and style that fits similarly with perhaps a slightly lower rise?

Thanks.

...Try Julian Red Cali's no wash...Thread here http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=24862 ...

or a pair of skull 5010xx's 6x6 raw or one wash...

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=6929 ...

OK, so I've been wearing my New Cures for about two months straight and while they're not dirty and they don't smell, they're pretty stretched out from where they were originally (and where I'd like them to be). If I have them dry cleaned, will that shrink them back down? Or do I have to soak them? My goal is to regain fit without losing much, if any, indigo--I like them dark.

I bought a pair of Nude MASAs in 30x34. I normally wear 32x32 in "regular" (non-dry) jeans. I've only worn them for about three days now, but they're pretty tight in the butt and in the thighs. I don't mind much, honestly, but will these ever stretch a bit more in the thighs and butt? If not, I'll just have to buy my next pair of raw denim slightly larger, and keep the MASAs as my "tight" pair of jeans (even though they're not tight compared to some of your standards).

quick question as searching for APC is a pretty doomed option; I remember seeing some washed APC's (maybe new standards or cures) some time ago, they had a pretty solid and clean looking wash with no major fading or distressing. is there any place to get these? they're not on the website, did they have them this season or are they an older model?

OK, so I've been wearing my New Cures for about two months straight and while they're not dirty and they don't smell, they're pretty stretched out from where they were originally (and where I'd like them to be). If I have them dry cleaned, will that shrink them back down? Or do I have to soak them? My goal is to regain fit without losing much, if any, indigo--I like them dark.

dry cleaning will not shrink. a hot soak will.

This is going to sound dumb....

I send about 66 quid to celga for a loopwheeler hoody they email back that they asked the store but that it was out of stock.....

They should give me the money back right? Just paypal it back???

Check your PMs, information awaits that could change your life.

im looking to get a pair of okinawas... and i just measured my new standards, theyre tagged 32 but they seem to have stretched out to 18 inches, equating to a 36 lol (my butt is big) what size do u suggest me getting in the okinawa one wash?

I'm looking at some of the evisu hank-dyed jeans which are now showing up on ebay for relatively cheap. The problem is I have never even tried on any evisus before so I have no idea about sizing. I've heard they run really small so should I size up? Down? True size? Any thoughts, suggestions?

Hi guys... I am looking for something that fits like slim jim. Reason why I dont wana get another slim jim is because that I really hate the stitches on the back of the packets. But I do, however, like the fit of slim jim very much. The leg opening is not too small to fit in any shoes I have, and its not too big like boot cut.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic