SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Im looking for some new denimes in Kyoto but all I found were like some samurais and en and some iron armies but I need something slim and except for the iron armies they were all way too big. The armies were just a little too big since the smallest size they had was 29. For comparison Im really liking my black 29 dukes right now. They are the best fit Ive had but Id like a little bit lower rise (read: normal) Im thinkin about goin to Osaka to see some diors in person but the city guide seems to just have stuff like apc tiger diesel nike all shit that Ive seen before right. Is there a thread I should read? Should I go to Tokyo even though its a pain in the ass?

Should I take this to super jetset? It seems like everyone who makes a new thread there gets pissed on.

Take a look at Skull Jeans by and Alchemist. The 5010xx has a similar cut to the Dior 21cm, and I believe they make a waist that small.

I have a non-denim question: I am looking for a high-quality black zip-up hoodie, something similar to the Loopwheeler 09. I probably will go ahead and get the Loopwheeler, but I'm wondering if anyone can recommend any other brands of similar quality that I can check out before I make my decision.

Take a look at Spruce or Wings and Horns. Though you'll probably still go for loopwheeler.

Guest MdJesus77

looking for a pair of some good quality jeans for about 110 or less. looked at cheap mondays, but interested in some other brands for the same price or a little higher. def. like the cheap monday dry black reg. fit. any other brands with a close fit? thanks for any help

looking for a pair of some good quality jeans for about 110 or less. looked at cheap mondays, but interested in some other brands for the same price or a little higher. def. like the cheap monday dry black reg. fit. any other brands with a close fit? thanks for any help

Maybe Corpus? I think Levi's normal line has some slim models in that price range.

Quick question, can someone help me with the sizing chart on Edwins website? It seems the measurements are in centimeters, but I can't tell what the measurements are for. On the left side is the size of the jeans, on the top row is the individual parts of the jeans(waist, inseam, etc....). Well, the whole top row is showing up question marks. I really dont want to guess on these measurements, since they will be coming from Japan, I don't want to have to ship them back and then pay again for a different size to be shipped back. Thanks in advance. Oh, here's is a link to the site so you have an example:

http://www.e-edwin.jp/shopdetail/004001000018/order/

The chart is on the middle right hand side. Thanks again.

APC New Cures are gonna be as tight as cheap monday tight jeans. APC Rescues or sized down 1 or 2 New Standards will fit close to the Cheap Monday Regular fit. All can be had for $110 if you order from www.thedenimbar.net . Call them up and mention superfuture or styleforum. Size down 1-2 on New Cures, 1-3 on New standards and 2-3 on Rescues. Those were listed in order from skinniest(cures) to loosest (rescues)

Guest Montreal

I'm so sorry for making this thread.. I truly am, but alas my Straight Sven's are starting to stink and I need to order a pair of jeans TODAY. I already searched through the APC thread and everything, but I can't get a concrete answer with regards to fit. My SSDS are a 32 and I've worn them for 6 months so they have stretched as much as they will stretch. They fit me PERFECTLY. Second skin for sure.

Now, I want to order a pair of Hipsters. I know APC stretches like a MOFO, but the Hipsters are very low-rise so it adds a whole new dynamic to the issue of how they fit. I ordered a size 31 but now I'm thinking I might need a 30. Does anyone have experience with these jeans? What do you think?

Again, sorry for this redundant thread. I just need one concrete answer and I'm golden.

Thanks again SF!

I'm so sorry for making this thread.. I truly am, but alas my Straight Sven's are starting to stink and I need to order a pair of jeans TODAY. I already searched through the APC thread and everything, but I can't get a concrete answer with regards to fit. My SSDS are a 32 and I've worn them for 6 months so they have stretched as much as they will stretch. They fit me PERFECTLY. Second skin for sure.

Now, I want to order a pair of Hipsters. I know APC stretches like a MOFO, but the Hipsters are very low-rise so it adds a whole new dynamic to the issue of how they fit. I ordered a size 31 but now I'm thinking I might need a 30. Does anyone have experience with these jeans? What do you think?

Again, sorry for this redundant thread. I just need one concrete answer and I'm golden.

Thanks again SF!

If you're in Montreal, I'm sure you can find a store that carries them. U & I (M&W, MG) 3650 St Laurent Blvd- H2X 2V4 Montreal QC is listed on their website, and I would try Holt's...as they carry them here in Toronto. Otherwise I would just call APC in NY directly and ask.

should i patch up the 1" diameter crotch rip i have right now before or after i wash my jeans?

before, i should think

Thanks again SF!

30 would do it for you

1. Is a short sleeved collared shirt considered Business Casual dress?

2. Even when untucked?

3. Are corduroy pants considered Business Casual too?

I'd look around the office, but I wasn't around too many of the other male employees. Those that did have a long sleeve shirts had them untucked and/or had the sleeves rolled up.

no, no, and no

1. Is a short sleeved collared shirt considered Business Casual dress?

2. Even when untucked?

3. Are corduroy pants considered Business Casual too?

I'd look around the office, but I wasn't around too many of the other male employees. Those that did have a long sleeve shirts had them untucked and/or had the sleeves rolled up.

i'm pretty bummed at the stretching of my slim jim dry greycasts in the waist. i've never owned a pair of jeans that is low on the hips so maybe i was thrown off from the start. i've worn them now for a little over a week and i'm already disappointed with the stretching. love the jeans but really wish they stayed closer to their inital waist size. what would your suggestions be? take a loss and sell them or try to trade? wash them somehow by either like an ocean run, cold or warm soaking, or an actual washing , or should i get them tailored?

i'm pretty bummed at the stretching of my slim jim dry greycasts in the waist. i've never owned a pair of jeans that is low on the hips so maybe i was thrown off from the start. i've worn them now for a little over a week and i'm already disappointed with the stretching. love the jeans but really wish they stayed closer to their inital waist size. what would your suggestions be? take a loss and sell them or try to trade? wash them somehow by either like an ocean run, cold or warm soaking, or an actual washing , or should i get them tailored?

As long as you're not worried about length...wash in warm/hot...then dryer. Otherwise, call it a learning experience, and be glad it was with Nudie and not with a larger investment

question - i'm thinking of soaking my H&M sliq raws just to tighten them up a little, i've gone about a month. their not such a project that i'm concerned with them looking like my nicer pairs of jeans, but i think its time for a soak. i've never done it with my other jeans, i just wore them through for the 6 or so months, then washed, so i have no idea what i should do with the soaking - hot/cold, how long? etc. etc. - help me out, any general info is great, thanks.

question - i'm thinking of soaking my H&M sliq raws just to tighten them up a little, i've gone about a month. their not such a project that i'm concerned with them looking like my nicer pairs of jeans, but i think its time for a soak. i've never done it with my other jeans, i just wore them through for the 6 or so months, then washed, so i have no idea what i should do with the soaking - hot/cold, how long? etc. etc. - help me out, any general info is great, thanks.

all your questions can be answered by looking in the Denim Encyclopedia:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=12729

or use a search for soaking, or look for a tag about soaking.

all your questions can be answered by looking in the Denim Encyclopedia:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=12729

or use a search for soaking, or look for a tag about soaking.

its not as simple to search/find these things as you might expect. maybe i'm just looking in the wrong place, but i already went through the encyclopedia thread, and i already searched soaking, and nothing worthwhile, or useful that explains it easily has come up - so if you might just give me the info here? that wouldbe great.

EDIT: nvm, i got help from some garmentos.

what is cordura denim? ive seen before but i noticed it said that it said of cordura denim. http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/im40495/

Cordura is a fabric company/brand name. Only means that they produced the fabric for the jeans. They're known for making rip-resistant sportswear...I believe they sew in extra nylon threads that make it more difficult to rip something (also known as ripstop).

just a reminder that this is the Small Questions Thread--and as such, at least reward those who've the courtesy to post their seen-that-a-million-times-already questions here with a real answer if you can, and if you can't please don't post a meaningless "go search".

thank you :)

i am planning on getting a pair of` APC NS real soon.

but, i'm really having trouble with choosing a size. i do plan on ordering online, so it might be difficult to choose the right size without actually trying them on.

my waist is 33-34. in Levis 501 rigid i'm a 34 but in Gap Morrisons Rinsed selvage and Nudie Slim Jims, i'm a size 33. acutally, my Morrisons have streched out plenty since i got them on Oct. '06.

and i know i should size down 1 or 2 sizes. what do you guys recommend? 31 or 32?

i'm 5'6" (5'7" w/ shoes) and 145 lbs.

thanksss.

i am planning on getting a pair of` APC NS real soon.

but, i'm really having trouble with choosing a size. i do plan on ordering online, so it might be difficult to choose the right size without actually trying them on.

my waist is 33-34. in Levis 501 rigid i'm a 34 but in Gap Morrisons Rinsed selvage and Nudie Slim Jims, i'm a size 33. acutally, my Morrisons have streched out plenty since i got them on Oct. '06.

and i know i should size down 1 or 2 sizes. what do you guys recommend? 31 or 32?

i'm 5'6" (5'7" w/ shoes) and 145 lbs.

thanksss.

if there is anywhere you can try them on, do that, otherwise, go down to a 31 for a slimmer fit, and 32 for a less slimmer fit... with APC NS, most size down 2 or 3 if you want it really tight, so if you are like a 33.5, maybe going for a 31 will be right for you, either way, they'll stretch if you can intially fit in them

:) Hi,

My GF like to wear extremely skintight stretch jeans (she has a lovely round butt and she loves to show it) but she doesn't like to be strongly squeeze in some too heavy and too rigid denim.

Therefore she is lookning for stretch jeans (size W26 to W28, depending on model an cut) that are made of very thin, very soft and very stretchy material... almots like leggings. Like the one the attached picture.

Does anyone has a particular barnd/model to recommend on this ?

She already has two pairs of NUDIE Super-Slim-Kim but she feels the denim is a bit too thick and not stretchy enough.

Thanks for any help

Patrick "Hotjeans"

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic