SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

OK here is a small question for this tiny tiny thread. Anyone know where to pic up W & H or spruce hoodies/clothing online? I have hunted around Edmonton with little to no luck. For a clothing line that is made only one province over from me it is surprisingly scarce.

I saw this, and my question is:

Does hot soaking allow for easier indigo loss, only for Nudies or all denim in general?

I've been wearing my Nudie Slim Jims for about 4 months and they are no where close to what this guy has done in a week. It blows my mind, so my second question is:

Should/is it possible that I can hot soak mine now to help with the loss of indigo?

* soaked them for about 15 mins in HOT water. and when i say hot i mean like, "hot tub" hot. padded with a towel and then hung to dry. overall the jeans got a LITTLE tighter but the inseam didn't strink at all. after the jeans were dry it didn't seem like they lost that much indigo, but after about a week of wearing them, alot started to come off.

100_1344.jpg

Thanks for the information guys, I appreciate the help to a noob.

Last question though, (I swear haha), but which one is better, a hot or cold soak and for how long should I soak it?

Also, if I don't soak it what happens when I finally wash it?

read the denim encyclopedia. it's pinned in super denim and has a myriad of information. probably more than you want to know.

i don't think there is one that's "better", they serve different purposes. cold soak is for minimal shrinkage/indigo loss and warm for maximum. nudies are sanforized so they won't shrink much if at all. it's up to you how much indigo loss you want. and the length of the soak is up to you as well according to how you want the denim to turn out. anything more than 3-4 hours is overkill, though.

I saw this, and my question is:

Does hot soaking allow for easier indigo loss, only for Nudies or all denim in general?

I've been wearing my Nudie Slim Jims for about 4 months and they are no where close to what this guy has done in a week. It blows my mind, so my second question is:

Should/is it possible that I can hot soak mine now to help with the loss of indigo?

100_1344.jpg

are there any more pics or posts about this? its really hard to believe those are just 1 week old.

thanks parcel force found it but all they can say is its left country of origin - which is what EMS said anyways. So im still in the dark about where its gone really.

but thanks pg2g, thats a good thing to know for the future, that EMS go to parcelforce for japan-uk items.

Hi all... Just wanted to find out where in Tokyo can I find Pure Blue Japans... Family going Japan without me and as a 'compensation' to me, will ask them to buy a pair of Pbjs xx-005 black... :P any place that sells PBJs close to areas where tourists frequent? in the itinary, they will be visiting Asakusa Kannon Temple, Nakamise Shopping Street, 100 Yen shop and Ueno Flea Market... How about Uniqlo? Thanks in advance!!!

thanks parcel force found it but all they can say is its left country of origin - which is what EMS said anyways. So im still in the dark about where its gone really.

but thanks pg2g, thats a good thing to know for the future, that EMS go to parcelforce for japan-uk items.

when did it go out? usually you only really get info when it's left, then when your country receives it. By that time, i usually have em in my hands. USPS is still the best

What are the CHEAPEST slim raw or 1wash selv jeans out there?? Fit and qual isnt a real issue as I just want to make a pair of shorts.

Some gaps have a product Gap Gough. I don't know if they're in stores but there used to be plenty of people selling them in the market here and on styleforum because the fit wasn't very flattering. I think hypebeasters started to get into them too so you might want to check their market too. They retailed at about $80 but on sale were like $40 and under at certain places.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic