SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Thanks Neal, I used olive oil on a vintage Lee leather keyring I rediscovered about 10 years ago (that I’ve now had for about 40 years!). It softened it up very well but made it extremely dark - I probably used too much. I wasn’t sure if it would damage the card or not but I trust your expertise on such matters so will give it a go…

59 minutes ago, NilsLW said:

I'll be in Vienna for the first time next week. Any specific clothing-related stores or locations I should check out?

When I lived in Vienna in the 90s, I used to go to the Opera or the Musikverein with very cheap entrance tickets. I don't remember about clothes shops, everything like that was very expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anybody order anything from the Okayama Denim sale last week? If so, had your order shipped yet? It's been a week, but I know they probably had a bunch of orders plus I asked for a hem. 

I am just a little nervous because the product page showed every size in stock when I ordered, but now shows almost everything sold out. 

They ended up responding to my email late last night.  They were sold out.  Not sure why it took a week and an email from me to get that info. 

I've found the pair in the size I need from one other site, though at a higher price.  I'm waiting on an email from TCB to see if they expect to restock anytime soon. I'd rather order directly from them, but was tempted by a sale. 

7 minutes ago, fresh1 said:

They ended up responding to my email late last night.  They were sold out.  Not sure why it took a week and an email from me to get that info. 

I've found the pair in the size I need from one other site, though at a higher price.  I'm waiting on an email from TCB to see if they expect to restock anytime soon. I'd rather order directly from them, but was tempted by a sale. 

I've bought from them a couple of times. A good experience overall. Once bought a PBJ jean at a sale and forgot to enter the discount code. Total amount was paid without the discount. Emailed them and they refunded the discount, even though it was my clear mistake. 

Their page has a chat room, you can chat in real time and know what's in stock and ask to reserve. 

46 minutes ago, Talan said:

Their page has a chat room, you can chat in real time and know what's in stock and ask to reserve. 

Yea but this is the point of the sold out function on the website. 

In the past I've used them with no problem but my recent experience wasn't the same. Who knows, maybe I will try again but for a lot of stuff they're actually more expensive than other Japanese retailers. 

I've ordered once prior and it was a great experience.  I was emailing about sizing, and he said he thought I was a 35, but they only carried a 34 and a 36.  A day later, the owner emailed me to say he obtained a pair in 35 for me if I wanted it. 

This time, I emailed about sizing, and they measured one they had in stock, but it was a few days before I placed the order.  It must have been sold in the meantime.  But yeah, it's disappointing to buy something that says it's in stock when it's not, then have to go through the refund process. 

18 hours ago, MJF9 said:

Has anyone bought a shirt directly from Belafonte? 

Question... did you ask for measurements?  If so, were they accurate?

Thanks     

I've bought directly from them. Good communication & service. I didn't ask for sizing info but I found their shirts have narrow shoulders & wide bodies, intentionally, of course. That's the look they're going for.  I'd advise choosing based on the shoulder width rather than chest. 

1 hour ago, Schorsch said:

Bangkok: Any denim shops (besides Pronto) worth visiting?

Haven't been for over 3 years now but used to go couple times a year.

Each pronto will have a slightly different stock so worth checking more than 1. Siam Square branch  I always visited. Plus Central World, Paragon and Emquartier branches.

In around Siam you have Selvedge Work for bespoke MTO jeans, Selectiv (Resolute ans some other familiar brands) on the same Soi as Pronto, There's another shop right by it that I can't remember the names thar sells a lot of Orguiel, Pherrows and Jelado.

Worth starting at Soi2 for Pronto then zigzag through the neighbouring Sois. 

Theres a small, by BKK, standards, mall on the same side as Soi 2(opposite Siam Centre/Discovery) called Siam 1 that has a small denim shop in that sells Toys Mcoy and some others.

Theres also PTC Mart outside of Siam Square. 

Edited by Geeman

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a reason why denim companies don’t put hidden rivets in the back pockets  of black denim like they do for indigo denim?  I’ve noticed this from people posting here including my own black denim.

Hey all,

Big apologies if this isn't the place to ask but feel free to direct me to the correct thread if so.

I've got a weeks worth rotation of Warehouse 4601 T-shirts which I've been wearing for a couple years and hard to argue with the quality and frankly how well they've worn even after washing after each wear. 

However, although I don't mind the boxy fit in the body, whenever I put on a different shirt I'm reminded how much I'd like the sleeves just a little more fitted. I haven't got the arms to fill out any shirt to be honest but something that tents out a little less would be perfect.

Any other loop wheeled tees that are of the same quality but with a slightly different sleeve cut?

Thanks.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic