SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

i was recognised at the tate by a very discerning member of denimbro for my rising sun pike jacket some years ago, and a few years later at rivet & hide for my disheveled mf veste ouvrier (+ got my tender hemmed on my own terms!). microcelebrity FTW

I’ve been trying to read recently about the differences between the old loopwheel machines and modern tube knit machines. I’m sure there’s an explanation lying somewhere within these pages but no keyword that I managed to think about has yielded it. If you feel like sharing a link that explains it, or simply talk about it - I’ll appreciate it a lot. 

Baranil should be fairly readily available in Europe (Tatra Leather, Europelle are good for the hobbyist), and I think Rocky Mountain in the US (if you’re located there) are still selling panels

Top quality leather, but I couldn’t say if they supply Paraboot … but Degermann and Paraboot are both French so it’s quite possible

5 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

Can I ask why?

They're tough and require minimal maintenance especially well performed in light rain, unfortunately all the hitop paraboot are offering are hideous.
figured why not source the leather and have someone else make a pair of boot that I don’t have to worry about getting it wet.

Edited by l13902733261

34 minutes ago, l13902733261 said:

They're tough and require minimal maintenance especially well performed in light rain, unfortunately all the hitop paraboot are offering are hideous.
figured why not source the leather and have someone else make a pair of boot that I don’t have to worry about getting it wet.

Makes sense, although I’m surprised you feel the need to source a leather rather than the person who’d make your boots. Also that’s just one of many similar re-tan leathers that would do as good a job if the Baranil wasn’t available - a good boot maker should be able to advise to that end for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got a job bartending at a somewhat fancy place, and am looking for some recommendations of places to get clothing for the environment. As reference, they looked at my grandfather’s ‘60s silk tie I was wearing during the interview and critiqued it because it has a couple worn spots along the folded edges, so I have a feeling a lot of true vintage garments are going to be off the table. I like Freewheelers-style trousers, higher rise and looser leg, ideally cotton or linen, no synthetic materials, in somewhat neutral colours. Also looking for dress shirts - the known brands here produce a lot of “work” shirts; unfortunately I feel they’re a bit casual. Some Bubo shirts, Stevenson shirts, etc look like they work but I have had a really hard time tracking things down that are in my size. If anyone can recommend a few brands or stores to look at I’d be really grateful. Thank you!

second django atour. old timey on the page but look stealthily stylish when worn. just be aware that material-wise their stuff may feel a bit "light" compared to what you might be accustomed to if you're into "workwear". 

Thank you all so much! I got a couple of belafonte pieces, some older stevenson shirts and got a good deal on some freewheelers trousers off yahoo auctions. definitely interested in django atour but they were sadly out of stock in my size in most of the pieces that i liked the look of. really appreciate the recommendations!

• 2 weeks later...
  • superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic