SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Can anyone comment on Jelado's age of longing denim (or even their stock stuff) - it's aging characteristics, and also know if they use cotton stitching? I'm still eyeing one of their jackets. I just like the measurements most from what I've seeing but have no experience with them. Also eyeing a pair of their corduroy trousers. 

Edited by AlientoyWorkmachine

3 hours ago, busterthehuman said:

Cheers dude - I'll reach out to Celluloid!

I can recommend contacting them by e-mail, they are very friendly and attentive, answer all questions, willingly comply with requests, etc. B)

On 2/11/2023 at 12:52 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

There is no tapered version. It's just the 1001XX. Of course the leg is tapered a bit.

I see - several websites have different photos for the 1001xx making them look tapered on some and others a wide, straight leg. 

On 2/11/2023 at 1:53 AM, Double 0 Soul said:

Recognised from where?

Social media!

On 2/12/2023 at 9:51 PM, Talan said:

I can recommend contacting them by e-mail, they are very friendly and attentive, answer all questions, willingly comply with requests, etc. B)

Will do! Thanks 

On 2/10/2023 at 11:20 AM, Dr_Heech said:

:laugh:  Soas prices are legendary!

Most peeps look around Soas and find what they want, get the sizing/product info they want and then shop around the web for the cheapest price. 

I've only ever used them for their hemming service.

This is probably something that’s been discussed before, but the role of bricks and mortar shops outside Japan, like SoaS, is something I’ve pondered. When I started buying Japanese clothing a few years ago, I did pay full whack for items at places like SoaS and Clutch Cafe, largely because I wasn’t aware that there was an alternative. I also live in London so can visit those shops fairly easily. There is obviously some added value in being able to try things on and ask questions: space and expertise that needs paying for. I do also feel a certain amount of gratitude to those shops for helping me develop an interest in and knowledge of the type of clothing I now take pleasure in wearing. However, now that I feel like I know what I’m looking for, in terms of style and fit, and knowing that I can buy the same items from Japan for almost half the price, shopping at those places feels hard to justify. Nowadays, as @Dr_Heech says, I just go to SoaS to have my jeans hemmed and maybe try something on before buying elsewhere. My point is: do I want to pay hugely inflated prices? no; would I be sad if these shops didn’t exist in London? yes.

Edited by tjsma

You need to do an instructional video explaining how to turn your jeans up to different heights.. CC would roll out the red carpet for you.

It doesn't have to be anything original.. just copy other peoples shit from around the forums and post it into your blog.

If that doesn't work.. maybe develop one of those TikTok filters for WAYWT where all our clothes disappear :D

I made the mistake of wanting my jeans hemmed. Whilst waiting. This displeased them. 
I was  told it would take at least a week, and I’d have to pay for postage. They didn’t have the thread colour to match my current hems, so I’d have to have tobacco or nothing.
They were too busy preparing for an even that evening. I was also told by someone who went to said event, that they wouldn’t sell him some boots or bother looking up how much they were - too busy eventing at the time. 
So overall, I have no idea how to win them over. Sigh.

Edited by UkeNo

I'm expecting  "I'm a Celebrity Denim Blogger Get Me Out Of Here" in the not too distant future on ITV4..it'll be a bunch of needy washed up denim bloggers who have to complete a series of tasks like getting your jeans hemmed at Clutch Cafe but on your own terms.. or figuring out cuff height without consulting the internet.. Bear Grylls and Rachel from S Club 7 are rumoured to be hosting... winner gets an internship at Naken & Famous.. loser becomes heritage brand consultant at SoaS.

9 hours ago, MJF9 said:

I'm voting for Double O Soul on Instagram...

They say OG forum dudes can't make it on the 'gram... I disagree... 

C'mon Neal sign up and show them how it's done!

Na.. Its all too staged for humble forum dudes.. what I find strange about the Insta community.. folks are not stupid, they can tell the difference between real and fake, they can see the reflection of studio lighting, they know the lifestyles are projected, they know the photos are heavily orchestrated but instead of calling out the fake shit, folks turn a blind eye to it so they themselves can become part of this fake reality... when folks post orchestrated photos on the forums, it’s called out (if somewhat passively aggressively) :D 

if you went to an art gallery and all the paintings were clearly fake, you would complain, if someone gave you a fake £20 note, you would say “I don’t want that fake shit” but it seems to be accepted on Instagram.

I have seen it albeit quite a while ago so don't really remember it.. we preferred Freeguy.. it's got more eye candy... sexy Ryan Reynolds for the mums and ..err.. sexy Ryan Reynolds for the dads :ph34r: plus Digital Underground on the soundtrack!

I suppose the depressing part is.. folks lives suck which is why they want to pretend their projected lives in fairytale instagram-land are actually real.

Edited by Double 0 Soul

13 hours ago, MJF9 said:

I've always found the peeps in CC friendly and interested... it's just dawned on me it might be because they recognise me from Superfuture :P

I think it was @smoothsailor who went into Desolation Row and they asked if he knew me … I’m so famous I don’t even need to be in the shop

4 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Na.. Its all too staged for humble forum dudes.. what I find strange about the Insta community.. folks are not stupid, they can tell the difference between real and fake, they can see the reflection of studio lighting, they know the lifestyles are projected, they know the photos are heavily orchestrated but instead of calling out the fake shit, folks turn a blind eye to it so they themselves can become part of this fake reality... when folks post orchestrated photos on the forums, it’s called out (if somewhat passively aggressively) :D 

if you went to an art gallery and all the paintings were clearly fake, you would complain, if someone gave you a fake £20 note, you would say “I don’t want that fake shit” but it seems to be accepted on Instagram.

My logic wasn't that you would blend in... in fact the antithesis... forum gold disrupting insta's back-slapping homogeny

4 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

I get what you’re saying, but this is exactly why it trashes the mental health of users. Especially young users - the idea that it’s all a put on is well acknowledged but people don’t actually do a great job at internalizing that. Enough exposure to it and people do believe it quite a bit. 
I used to be on it quite a lot for my work - a working photographer pretty much had to be on it. It’s a lot of other photographers trying to show how busy they are and how cool the jobs they got were, and the people who hire for the jobs play the same game. Look busy and that creative director thinks you are too, and you’re in the running. I got off some years ago thankfully as nature of my work evolved but really, it does a number on ppl even tho it’s just the shadows in Plato’s cave. 

2 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

I think it was @smoothsailor who went into Desolation Row and they asked if he knew me … I’m so famous I don’t even need to be in the shop

Wow Duke, that's a good claim to fame. Maybe the belt he was wearing looked like one of your quality offerings? The best l can do in that category was the time (around 2009/10) that l went to Cinch in London and was mistaken for Paul T (?) - I was wearing SugarCanes and a vintage M422a, the uniform of the denimhead at the time so presumably that was the reason.

7 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

I have seen it albeit quite a while ago so don't really remember it.. we preferred Freeguy.. it's got more eye candy... sexy Ryan Reynolds for the mums and ..err.. sexy Ryan Reynolds for the dads :ph34r: plus Digital Underground on the soundtrack!

I suppose the depressing part is.. folks lives suck which is why they want to pretend their projected lives in fairytale instagram-land are actually real.

Will have to check out Freeguy sometime. 

I guess with Instagram l keep it low key : under 500 followers, l only follow friends and Japanese vintage denim collectors (which gives access to real images - often filtered but usually to enhance them for display) which is a godsend. I dont use my real name (Dr_Heech obvs) and of course don't reveal any personal details. And as this seems to be the last place with any life outside of fake worlds that frequent the web, and like most it won't last forever, l don't mind scrolling through some tedious shite for 5 minutes a day, 3 or 4 times a day just to get my kick. There's just nowhere else to top up my vintage denim addiction needs :)

20230218_055013.jpg

Edited by Dr_Heech

1 hour ago, Dr_Heech said:

Wow Duke, that's a good claim to fame. Maybe the belt he was wearing looked like one of your quality offerings? The best l can do in that category was the time (around 2009/10) that l went to Cinch in London and was mistaken for Paul T (?) - I was wearing SugarCanes and a vintage M422a, the uniform of the denimhead at the time so presumably that was the reason.

I’ve only vague recollection of it - just something that was posted on Denimbro many years back. Anyway I think they just want some of their shirts back :wink:

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic