SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

30 minutes ago, Lalafufu said:

What’s industry standard for variance in waist measurement

half inch?

There is no industry standard, because the ‘industry’ is global and not controlled by a harmonised set of rules.

BS EN 13402 is probably your first best reference 

On 8/5/2021 at 8:14 PM, julian-wolf said:

Any local tailor will do just fine, or stitching by hand at home

(& there was never any bartack there—if there were, it wouldn’t have ripped so easy, but such is the way of repros)

Thanks. I didn’t know what else to refer to that area as where the bartack usually is. I’ll try a local tailor. Thanks. 

On 8/6/2021 at 11:00 AM, indigorokk said:

So I have the roughout M-43 by Lofgren but I‘m also looking for a brown boot that can be worn under all and any conditions (urban wise, not as a real work boot). I‘m debating between the Lofgren M-43 in horsehide and the Combat boots in Timber.  Any pros/cons?

I haven't tried the M-43 but I've been interested in both the horsehide and rough out versions, but right now I'm not in the market for any more boots.
I do have the Combat Boots in Timber and like them a lot. I just spent 5 days walking around Chicago in them (only shoes I brought) and had no issues.
They're probably my favorite fitting boot that I own, very comfortable and the toe cap detail is nice.

Even when sized correctly [waist stretch an inch with wear] my jeans will go closer to my hips throughout the day

this natural sag results in diaper butt

I run religiously and have an ectomorph physique.  Lean with an Asian booty

Can diaper butt be eliminated in the future with higher rise jeans?

Another option would be to try to get them to "stretch to your size", but that's usually not working out in your favor. Happened to me on a pair of pre-washed IHs I overdyed. They shrunk another inch or so in the process and I could get them on and the likes, but they just weren't comfortable, so I passed them on.

1 hour ago, Lalafufu said:

Who came up with black jeans and made them a thing

I’m azzuming those jeans we see on laborers in vintage black & white photos are indigo

and that black jeans came later

The growth in popularity of photography occurred about the same type as commercial sulphur dyeing so it’s possible in the oldest photos that ‘jeans’ weren’t jeans and they weren’t indigo, but black or brown or even dark blue …

2 hours ago, MJF9 said:

Would appreciate any guidance on quality prescription lenses and any trusted providers in the UK… thanks

I use progressive lenses (trifocals) and have used Nikon and Shamir (an Israeli optics company). Both are great. My latest prescriptions were all Nikon and I'm really happy with them. 

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic