SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

5 hours ago, machine-language said:

I'm trying to compile a list of jeans that have roomy thighs with a smaller waist (men's or women's jeans). Like a 30" waist with 12" or bigger thighs.  Discontinued jeans are OK because sometimes they pop up on ebay.

on my list so far:

Flat Head Balder, Left Field Atlas, Pure Blue Japan 019 

Can you think of any others?

SDA 108?

5 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

@machine-language where are you measuring the thighs? If you’re just looking for 12” across right at the crotch seam, I’d think most ‘40s and ‘50s cuts should do fine…

I'm measuring at the crotch but almost all the size charts I see don't quite make it to the measurements I'm looking for. It's a lot more common to see 30" waist with 11" or 11.5" thighs and that ends up feeling borderline too tight in the upper thighs. 12" or 12.5" would  be so much better.

Edited by machine-language

u can use selfedge's jean finder function https://www.selfedge.com/index.php?route=product/jean_finder just note that they measure the thigh a bit down from the crotch. from my search and real world experience of the jeans i reckon sugar cane 1947 could be what you lookin for

I know this as asked somewhere in another thread but what Japanese shops are still able to ship to the US? I know of BEARS, Hinoya, Denimio, Okayama, and Pants Shop Avenue; I know there are others but I can't seem to find the list someone put on here.

I'm on the hunt for some crewneck sweats from Warehouse because the ones I'm looking for appear to be sold out in the US.

4 hours ago, chambo2008 said:

Where are people getting the right thread for repairing jeans? The stuff I have in my house is really thin. 

I’m lucky enough to get the original thread, but I don’t get huge amounts and it’s not on tap so I usually use Gütermann when I (try to) do repairs - readily available and a vast array of colours

Edited by Duke Mantee

Nowt posh for me... in my mrs's sewing box she has nearly a hundred of these little embroidery cards wrapped in cotton with a needle through the middle of each, there is around 12 of each colour so with 12 shades of blue and 12 shades of copper through to yellow, colour matching is easily done on faded jeans it's quite a good guage too.

fullsizeoutput_2d36.jpeg

On 2/10/2021 at 5:26 AM, machine-language said:

I'm trying to compile a list of jeans that have roomy thighs with a smaller waist (men's or women's jeans). Like a 30" waist with 12" or bigger thighs.

IH-1955S, Freewheelers 601XX 1947, LVC 1955, MFSC Lot.44, PBJ Ai001, Samurai S3000VX, SC Okinawa (and I think SC Hawaii too), SC SC40304, SDA SD-102 (and maybe SD-101),...

All the above have very roomy thighs-for-a-given-waist-size. I wear a 34 waist and those all have thighs that are at least 12.75" and knees that are 9.75"+. I have a few more, but they're hard to find (SDA Earth jeans) or they're not 5-pocket jeans (e.g., Freewheelers Bake Head and Longshoreman).

Type I on the left? I was asking because on my Type I, I find the pocket opening "very" far toward the side, away from the center placket. Of course, we're just talking a few centimeters one way or the other but it feels very different.

1 hour ago, JDelage said:

Type I on the left? I was asking because on my Type I, I find the pocket opening "very" far toward the side, away from the center placket. Of course, we're just talking a few centimeters one way or the other but it feels very different.

Yep, Type I on the left - Type II on the right

There’s a considerable difference but then there are considerable differences on just Type I jackets ... size, position, flap etc.

What’s your jacket ... and doesn’t my pic demonstrate what you say?

Edited by Duke Mantee

• 2 weeks later...

Been out of the game for a few and just shopping around.

What happened to Eternal? They seem to have lost their presence. Anyone stock their 881 and 883?

I have a pair with a pretty sore crotch hole that might be a pain to repair, plus i'd like to size differently if i were to buy another.

THANKS

On 2/22/2021 at 4:45 AM, JDelage said:

Asking because the measurements are pretty much the same as those for this:

PED: what jacket is this?

60A0BDEE-23FD-42D0-BC3A-9274D0F01625.jpeg

ACF676CD-AA86-4461-B150-DDE4E09A776D.jpeg

Edited by PED
forgot question

2 minutes ago, Flash said:

Anyone from the uk ever use ups when ordering from japan ? Is it any faster than the usual ems option ?

No but ive used FedEx a few times and its crazy fast, something like 48hrs from JP-UK.

I think FedEx do their own 'in house' customs so goods don't have to pass through Coventry which often incurs the wait and on the up they have nothing to gain by opening your package apart from delaying their own service, you don't pay a forwarding charge because youve paid for a door-door service, unlike EMS/Parcel Farce.

I would always recommend FedEx over EMS for high value goods with low marked value, leathers and such.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic