SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Anyone have experience with either Buzz Rickson or Warehouse sweatshirts? I’m curious if or how much they shrink after being washed.  My Strike Gold sweatshirt shrank nearly 4 inches, so I’m a little uncertain if I should size up or not with any other loopwheeled sweatshirts.

Has anyone experienced DHL's "clearance event"? Had a delivery from Mister Freedom make it all the way to my local DHL depot only for it to go BACK to Heathrow and this notification to pop up. So close...

Anyone here have experience with N-1 deck jackets? I’m mostly wondering about how warm they are. Planing to wear it when it’s like 10-20F, cause I don’t really have anything that would fit into that mild-to-moderate winter weather category for me. Looking at MF one fwiw.

@Broark I was looking at this one: https://misterfreedom.com/collections/jackets/products/n-1h-deck-jacket-burnt-umber?variant=30255562227825. I think lining is similar for those two, but the shell is thicker in yours. I don’t really need it to be crazy warm, I have really heavy duty parkas for extreme cold and then fairly light coats for around freezing temp; just need something in between.

Practical aspects relevant to an N-1 for me are: double or single zipper, inside pocket or not, how warm is the pocket lining. The most authentic renditions, AFAIK, have single zippers, no inside pockets, and no real lining to the pockets... This MFSC has dble zippers and corduroy pocket lining.

I recently got the Iron Heart N-1 in Khaki. I got it for exactly the temp range you're referred to, maybe slightly colder. It has in inter liner for added wind protection. It's very nice, well built, very warm, but not perfect... it has a double zipper, but it's left handed as opposed to right handed which I'm accustomed to. Usually this is neither here nor there, but the outer storm flap is on the left, and with the zipper pull on the left is a bit awkward. I have an IH moto denim jacket and the zipper pull is on the right, so it's not entirely a JP thing. The exterior hand warmer pockets are alpaca lined. But the hand opening is small and the pocket size is small. It has an internal "gun pocket", but again the opening is small and the pocket size is small. Barely big enough to put a large smart phone. I've complained about this before, but I don't get why many JP makers are obsessed with making small, nearly useless pockets... 

Also, these IH N-1 run large. I take an XL and XXL in IH shirts and other jackets, and I had to exchange an XL for an L. 

@mpukas Thanks for the input! It’s funny cause my least favorite part of this MF jacket and the reason I haven’t purchased it yet is definitely the right handed zipper; I’m so used to the left handed one and it’s just so awkward for me if it’s not on that side. It is only a single zipper for this jacket though, so that’s good. And as I don’t really store anything in the pockets, I don’t mind even if they’re on the smaller side. Agreed about JP makers and small/shallow pockets; I’ve not worn my Evisu jeans nearly as much as I’d like to for that very reason.

• 2 weeks later...
  • superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic